glazierguy

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! IM SOOOOOO SAD!!!!!!!!

70 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancée just had her interview in manila, long story short she got a real ####### consular. Started asking her if I have ever been convicted of a crime and have I ever filed bankruptcy. The answer she gave was no, because she didn't truly know. When in fact 15 years ago I have a theft felony for taking to many unemployment checks after I started working again. Ive filed bankruptcy twice over the years, I sold a bag of pot 35 years ago, and I have a burglary charge for taking a knife out of a showcase where I worked. I also have 3 duis over the last 25 years......I have not been in any trouble in over 14 years!!!!!! and it was a dui. Before that its was in 1994 for the unemployment checks. Iam a good man with children who did stupid things when I was younger. They put her in review at the embassy .........what will likely happen? and if they deny us what do I need to do? please help iam crying my eyes out right now....I love my fiancé so much and cant believe I was the one on trial here, I have never heard of anyone being asked all these questions about the petitioner.....please tell me what I can do......I never lied....the only questions asked anywhere on any paperwork was if I was ever charged with violent crimes........please help us we are so sad and lost right now......this just happened 30 minutes ago.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

My fiancée just had her interview in manila, long story short she got a real ####### consular. Started asking her if I have ever been convicted of a crime and have I ever filed bankruptcy. The answer she gave was no, because she didn't truly know. When in fact 15 years ago I have a theft felony for taking to many unemployment checks after I started working again. Ive filed bankruptcy twice over the years, I sold a bag of pot 35 years ago, and I have a burglary charge for taking a knife out of a showcase where I worked. I also have 3 duis over the last 25 years......I have not been in any trouble in over 14 years!!!!!! and it was a dui. Before that its was in 1994 for the unemployment checks. Iam a good man with children who did stupid things when I was younger. They put her in review at the embassy .........what will likely happen? and if they deny us what do I need to do? please help iam crying my eyes out right now....I love my fiancé so much and cant believe I was the one on trial here, I have never heard of anyone being asked all these questions about the petitioner.....please tell me what I can do......I never lied....the only questions asked anywhere on any paperwork was if I was ever charged with violent crimes........please help us we are so sad and lost right now......this just happened 30 minutes ago.....

I am so sorry... just take a deep breath...She didn't know so she didn't lie at all, didn't perjure herself. So they put her on Admin Processing? I think they are just checking out some things but not about you. I heard that sometimes cases are just put on AP so they can process the visa. If she has a clean police record she should be fine. You already live here so they aren't going to deny her based on your past criminal history. USCIS would have done a full background check on you already but I haven't heard from any Petitioner if their petition was denied based on not clearing a background check. Remember we live here already and our Beneficiaries are the ones who are intending to come here to live so they are careful about who they are letting into our country for immigration purposes. Embassy's will denied visa's to the beneficiary IF they are the ones with a past criminal history and cannot pass the background checks there.

Remember that the embassy's are just trying to determine if its a real bone-fide relationship or not base on information you've given them about your relationship. I hope other more experience VJ members will help shed some more light on this too. Just keep the faith!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry to hear this happened to your fiancee today. The following comments are in no way judgmental at all; but to help you see this from a different angle, the Consular Officer angle.

Of course they ask the beneficiary about the petitioner's background, the CO was aware of your record before your fiancee ever arrived for the interview, they (USCIS) did a thorough background check on you.

If you're crying, just imagine how she must've felt hearing that information for the first time, from a stranger. Put yourself in the shoes of the Consular Officer that interviewed a young lady that had no idea about the background of the man for which she was seeking a K-1 visa to marry. A CO has no way to know if your fiancee was aware of your background or not, other than by asking. Based on her answers, the way they see this, either the petitioner withheld the info from the beneficiary or the beneficiary did know and tried to withhold the info from the CO, not knowing if the latter of former was the case, it would appear to the CO the relationship was a sham.

You didn't lie on paper, but it appears to the CO that your fiancee was the one doing the lying. The visa application could very well be denied -- I'm not saying it will, but I'm saying it could.

The first thing you do; apologize profusely! Then tell your fiancee every detail of each case on your record.

Your case now sits in AP until USEM decides your faith, how long would that take? Only God knows. If the case gets denied, you could travel to the Philippines to marry your fiancee.

Edited by Leatherneck

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

i understand and you are right. does anyone have any thoughts on what my options are, upon denial? any thoughts on what they will do? i had no idea this would ever come up here and i certainly would never hide this from my fiancee. and i do feel very bad that she may look like a liar when she did nothing wrong at all. i feel like i died tonight.

Timeline

i understand and you are right. does anyone have any thoughts on what my options are, upon denial? any thoughts on what they will do? i had no idea this would ever come up here and i certainly would never hide this from my fiancee. and i do feel very bad that she may look like a liar when she did nothing wrong at all. i feel like i died tonight.

I understand you feel awful, you didn't know she would be questioned about your background. The interview is water under the bridge now. Your best option is to wait out the AP to see what is decided, then go from there. As I said before, marriage is your other option, but that's a bit premature. The good news is they did not return her passport, there's hope.

I must point out the red highlighted text, again, it is not my intention to sound like a jerk, you feel bad enough about this already and I have no morally superior attitude. You sound like you have total remorse about this. However, I will call it like I see it, to help you. Maybe it was not your intention to hide the information from your fiancee; but, by not sharing it with her was in fact hiding it from her, even if done without malice.

Hopefully, your case will survive AP with an approval.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

While my situation was different (my fiancee's visa was approved but the CO decided to hold it for unknown reasons), I decided after calling the embassy and getting nowhere that I had to fly next day to the Philippines. When I got there (my fiancee was very happy to see me), my only recourse was to hand write a letter to the CO expresssing my concern for the visa not being released and it was my intention to fly back with her when I left on the following Saturday. We got the visa in hand on Friday.

While it may not be necessary, and it is a big expense, you might consider going there and hand writing the CO a letter explaining the error of your not informing your fiancee about your past transgressions. He may see that your relationship is indeed valid since you took the time and expense to rectify the situation. Your fiancee will probably enjoy your company (and a good long talk) also.

Good luck to you both,

John

In case you want to read what I wrote when I had to go to the Philippines, here is the link.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/308094-update/

John

Timeline

While my situation was different (my fiancee's visa was approved but the CO decided to hold it for unknown reasons), I decided after calling the embassy and getting nowhere that I had to fly next day to the Philippines. When I got there (my fiancee was very happy to see me), my only recourse was to hand write a letter to the CO expresssing my concern for the visa not being released and it was my intention to fly back with her when I left on the following Saturday. We got the visa in hand on Friday.

While it may not be necessary, and it is a big expense, you might consider going there and hand writing the CO a letter explaining the error of your not informing your fiancee about your past transgressions. He may see that your relationship is indeed valid since you took the time and expense to rectify the situation. Your fiancee will probably enjoy your company (and a good long talk) also.

Good luck to you both,

John

It certainly wouldn't hurt to show up in person to explain, that has to be worth some points toward an approval.

Edited by Leatherneck

Timeline

I know i can call the embassy, but can i actually reach someone that i could speak to about this issue? and should i wait till they actually deny us first? i would fly there to explain, but i have no babysitter, plus while on my way it could be denied.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Interesting to see what you answered on the i-129F as your DUIs would fall under question #2b in part 3. Did you answer that truthfully? If not then they have every right to deny you as you did not answer truthfully.

-Jan 24th, 2014 sent in I-129F

-Jan 31ist, 2014 received NOA1 via text/email. Arrived at CSC

-Feb 4th, 2014 received Alien registration number.

-Feb 24th, 2014 received NOA2

-Mar 12, 2014 Arrived at Embassy

-Mar 20, 2014 Packet 3 sent to Embassy

-Mar 28, 2014 Received packet 3 instructions in mail

-Mar 25, 2014 Interview date set

-Apr 4, 2014 Interview.. approved :dancing:

-May 21, 2014 - PoE LV NV

-May 30, 2014 - Married

Timeline

the dui is 14 years old and a misdemeanor, i answered everything truthfully, im sure if it was an issue it would never made it past uscis, especially after i had an rfe for more paperwork.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

the dui is 14 years old and a misdemeanor, i answered everything truthfully, im sure if it was an issue it would never made it past uscis, especially after i had an rfe for more paperwork.

So you did answer yes to that question? Because if they do end up denying you, you are more than likely going to need to file a waiver of some sort. If that fails then I do believe that the IR-1/CR-1 route is more forgiving for past transgressions if they do not fall under the Adam Walsh act. Although it still does seem pretty bad that you did not inform your fiancee of any of this.

Edited by Thane

-Jan 24th, 2014 sent in I-129F

-Jan 31ist, 2014 received NOA1 via text/email. Arrived at CSC

-Feb 4th, 2014 received Alien registration number.

-Feb 24th, 2014 received NOA2

-Mar 12, 2014 Arrived at Embassy

-Mar 20, 2014 Packet 3 sent to Embassy

-Mar 28, 2014 Received packet 3 instructions in mail

-Mar 25, 2014 Interview date set

-Apr 4, 2014 Interview.. approved :dancing:

-May 21, 2014 - PoE LV NV

-May 30, 2014 - Married

This is very tough. I know you answered all the question on I-129F truthfully. The problem was that your fiancée did not anything about your past. The consular officer probably thinking that the relationship is not genuine and only for green card.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

i realize how it may look to a consular, to late now. im looking for solutions. flying there and marrying her, are not an option, i have no one to watch my kids while im gone

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.