glazierguy

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! IM SOOOOOO SAD!!!!!!!!

70 posts in this topic

just to let the people who care know, after our sad visa day, i got on a plane and now am in manila. went to the embassy and they are to busy to see me! wanted to tell my side but never got the chance, i leave on wed. and will try once more. i submitted letters i wrote to them, and had them notorized here in manila, so at least they know i made an effort to prove to them my fiancee and i love each other very much. good luck to everyone with good heart.....

Good luck! Try calling that number I posted. It's in their website too.

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

One post violating TOS has been removed and several posts edited to remove inappropriate language. The OP has asked for your advice, not your judgment. If you cannot post constructively and provide useful information, then please do not post at all. Any further posts that attack or chastise the OP will be removed.

-VJ Moderation

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

good luck man, i hope you being in Manila pays off and that they will meet with you. it would be totally unfair of them not to see you having traveled all that way. keep us posted on what happens.

Filed: Timeline

Good luck bro just stand firm in whatever U do, as a Yes U have the right to

petition your mate, the Adam Walsh laws are the only law that one who is a

petitioner gotta answer questions...also ppl who petition others and they

had a case or whatever, child support , bankruptcy please let your mates have

the info B4 interview , it shows closeness and honesty that comes in a bonafide

relationship to the COs.

Usem really doesn't honor notarizations here because it's so easy to get documents notarized and they don't really check the authenticity of the signatures.

I hope things work out for you. Did they not allow you to at least ask what you could do?

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have heard a lot of issues like this and they automatic deny the case... But for you ur lucky ur under AP... God bless to your case... Cheer up evrything happen for a reason...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

You just need to wait to see what the CO decides to do.

As long as you history is not violent and deemed a threat to the safety of the applicant, and she was informed (now) and is still ok with everything, you might be ok.

I just read a case where they felt there was a violence issue and that was denied. I dont know about petitioner waivers for violent crime history, but there may be such a thing others here may know.

Once you get an answer from the consulate you can proceed from there to respond.

Good luck. It may be a while.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My fiancée just had her interview in manila, long story short she got a real ####### consular. Started asking her if I have ever been convicted of a crime and have I ever filed bankruptcy. The answer she gave was no, because she didn't truly know. When in fact 15 years ago I have a theft felony for taking to many unemployment checks after I started working again. Ive filed bankruptcy twice over the years, I sold a bag of pot 35 years ago, and I have a burglary charge for taking a knife out of a showcase where I worked. I also have 3 duis over the last 25 years......I have not been in any trouble in over 14 years!!!!!! and it was a dui. Before that its was in 1994 for the unemployment checks. Iam a good man with children who did stupid things when I was younger. They put her in review at the embassy .........what will likely happen? and if they deny us what do I need to do? please help iam crying my eyes out right now....I love my fiancé so much and cant believe I was the one on trial here, I have never heard of anyone being asked all these questions about the petitioner.....please tell me what I can do......I never lied....the only questions asked anywhere on any paperwork was if I was ever charged with violent crimes........please help us we are so sad and lost right now......this just happened 30 minutes ago.....

Just read this again...OP I can see how some people here were offended by your question. Im not, but it does seem that you want to forget this past 14 years ago and pretend it never happened (understandable of course). However, the questions do not have a time limit.

..the 129F does ask about drug/alcohol offenses....you didn't read it carefully before you signed it....you did lie, you answered the question untruthfully, then you lied about being truthful with your answers when you signed the 129F. I think I can understand that you basically feel you are a good person now and all that is in the past and not relevant. But the law and government dont agree.

You are not "on trial" here. They are looking after her safety as is required by law.

She did not get a "real ######### consular," she got someone who was doing their job.

Its no fun to dredge up the past if you have put it behind you, however, as many of us have found in this process, the laws force us to disclose uncomfortable personal truths and our lives get dissected by total strangers.

That is immigration law. Better or worse.

Its disingenuous in my opinion to blame the CO for your mistake when he/she really was correctly doing their job. I think people here sensed your attitude about this and were offended.

Now you are doing the right thing, and there is actually some flexibility available for you. You may be ok, but you got yourself in a bind by being careless and failing to disclose fully.

These are the consequences. If it ends up being a longer wait, you should accept that.

Make sure you have amended things with the fiancee...if she loves you and can see why you wanted to forget about the past and/or minimize it, then make sure you show her honesty in the future to regain her trust.

Think about her pain as she went through this process and now her extended wait and worry and stress.

If you really want it, and you take full responsibility here, I think some pathway will eventually open up for you, but its going to be a wait.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.