glazierguy

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! IM SOOOOOO SAD!!!!!!!!

70 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone know 100% for sure if my fiancee, is alowed back into the Embassy after her interview? I was thinking, hoping, maybe she could go back, explain it was my fault I never mentioned to her my past. Explain she now knows the situation, explain she didnt knowingly lie. Show them all our proof of a bonified relationship. Will this help? will they give her the chance to explain?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Does anyone know 100% for sure if my fiancee, is alowed back into the Embassy after her interview? I was thinking, hoping, maybe she could go back, explain it was my fault I never mentioned to her my past. Explain she now knows the situation, explain she didnt knowingly lie. Show them all our proof of a bonified relationship. Will this help? will they give her the chance to explain?

They won't let you in unless you have an appointment. If they need any additional info they'll send you an RFE.

-Jan 24th, 2014 sent in I-129F

-Jan 31ist, 2014 received NOA1 via text/email. Arrived at CSC

-Feb 4th, 2014 received Alien registration number.

-Feb 24th, 2014 received NOA2

-Mar 12, 2014 Arrived at Embassy

-Mar 20, 2014 Packet 3 sent to Embassy

-Mar 28, 2014 Received packet 3 instructions in mail

-Mar 25, 2014 Interview date set

-Apr 4, 2014 Interview.. approved :dancing:

-May 21, 2014 - PoE LV NV

-May 30, 2014 - Married

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post removed as requested by the poster~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Timeline

OP sorry what happened but this maybe a pause in the process...AP ?... If she

did not know she didn't....ALL PETITIONERS be aware if U have child-support,

bankruptcy, arrests or convictions in your past, tell your intended..It will not

affect them negatively..however if they know the details about your past it shows

U have been honest with mate, they accept U and all your faults & its bonafide,

it eliminates the further scutinity of your relationship.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi glazier,

Sorry to hear this. Was she given the 221G letter? They kept her passport?

There is no time frame for administrative processing unfortunately. Could be days could be years.

The best you can do at the moment is to email the embassy and inquire about the interview, result and next step of the process.

Your fiance cannot go back without any appointment. This is so unfortunate because she didn't know what happened though the charges were many many years ago.

Keep us updated hope this resolves soon. Good luck for you both.

Blooms

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

As the USC, you are still good despite your past record. You need 3 DUI or drug convictions or a crime of moral turpitude (e.g. rape) to knock you out of the box. That is not the issue. The issue is her lack of knowledge of your past life. That is causing the CO to question how well she knows you and/or whether she really did not know (forgivable) or is lying (non-forgivable). All you can do now is wait and see what happens.

The better choice would have been to come clean with her so when she is asked "Did you know he did blah blah blah", she can respond with "Yes I know. We talked about it and i am satisfied he is a better person and will not do such things now." But that is water under the bridge for you.

Timeline

thanks fan dancer, appreciate your positive input. i was married for 10 years to an immigrant from romania, same criminal back ground, nothing new since then 14 years ago! they saw fit to allow it then. and proved it was a bonified relationship as is this. my fiance loves me and i love her, she would not give up on us due to this, anyone that would give up that easily, i would question their love to begin with. i appreciate all the positive input, the rest of you that want to pass judgement that is fine, your entitled to your opinion, just try and keep in mind we are all human and make mistakes, i have learned from mine and am a good man, and loving father.

I only see two routes:

You wait and depending on what the decision from the Consulate is, take the next steps, a wait and see approach, that frankly seems very "convenient" for you.

You do not wait and get there tomorrow and look for avenues to fix the issue. As a USC, they have to let you in the Embassy, and you can specifically ask to talk about this case. You do state you can't because of children, Is there no relative, ex, etc that can take care of children for a week? You are talking about your future spouse here, the one you left hanging the bag by not disclosing your past offenses.

Reverse the situation and you will see how bad it looks for her, let alone the fact she's learning all these no so good things about someone she believed to be the best man in the world (yes, you have been for 14 years; but that does not magically erase the past).

Edited by Kathryn41
to remove inappropriate language from post

Timeline

Ok if everyone is able to read!!!!!! they can see by the posts....that iam a liar and a horrible human being.....and my fiancée should run as fast as she can......that being said...if there are no positive comments to help a fellow visa journey member then keep it to your self......ive never seen so many self righteous people.....to all the caring people that try and help thank you......im sure ill just keep getting negative posts from the same people (inappropriate content removed- VJ Moderation)...oh well have at it....if you feel better bashing me, I hope it makes you feel better as a human being.....

Edited by Kathryn41

I'll be blunt about the topic, in my personal opinion, It's obvious that the questions from the OC its about test the bonafide relationship, so If she didnt know about your past in the interview, then its a high level of doubt about the relationship because in eyes of the CO its not truthful.

The raw truth its that omissions and lies for the authority it's the same and yes its possible that she get denied about it, but thats because your omission and the intention to hide your past, not because her fault or her personal background.

Hope you can find the best solution about this huge mistake.

Best regards.

event.png

Nov/28/2017 -- Mailed I- 751 ROC to USCIS Vermont Service Center via USPS.

Nov/30/2017 -- Package was delivered in USCIS Vermont Service Center via USPS.                                                                       

Dec/04/2017 --  Fee check cash out.  

Dec/07/2017 --  NOA 1 with December 01/2017 as the date.

Dec/23/2017 --  Biometrics letter dated December 15/2017 and appointment scheduled 01/02/2018 at 10 am. 

Jan/02/2018 --  Biometrics appointment at 10 am.      

Aug/11/2018 --  NOA 18 months extension letter dated Aug/06/2018   from Vermont Service Center.    

Feb/25/2018 -- Case received at local office (USCIS tracker- no letter not e-mail) 

Feb/27/2018 -- Case received at local office (USCIS tracker- no letter not e-mail) 

Jan/30/2019 -- Case Approved. New card is being produced (DHS- USCIS website & USCIS tracker)     

Feb/04/2019 --  Received  letter with Approval notice 1-797 (notice date Jan 30/2019).

Feb/05/2019 -- Green card in hand! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.