25 posts in this topic

My Fiance and i are about to start filing for the K-1 visa. he lives in the united kingdom and plans to come to the united states to live with me. honestly we are both extremely stressed and totally lost. we have no idea how to start any of this and we fear that when he comes over and we get married that something will happen and he will have to go back to England because paperwork will not be finished. when he comes over the first things we wanted to do is get the marriage license and to start trying for a baby, we were both hoping that maybe if we became pregnant if things would be easier or would it make it more stressful? like i said we are both in desperate need of some kind of direction and help. anything at all will help. thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Well definitely do not get pregnant at least not anytime soon. Remember once he gets here he will not be able to work or possibly even find work once he has permission. You have to support him for several months. There will be stress from coming here, filling out AOS, waiting for employment permission, and becoming accustomed to living with someone you have not lived with before are all stressful events. Prepare for k1 process by reading the guidlines and searching forums for previously asked questions and once your ready to send package if you have any doubts post and people will make sure you have it all covered. Good luck on your journey together.

I'm the USC.

Sent I-129F application to Lockbox 01/10/14
(regretted not sending via Express Mail)
Confirmation of receipt via email/txt on 1/17/2014 Transferred to California Center
Received NOA1 hardcopy immediately thereafter
Alien Registration Number was changed on 1/22/2014
Request for evidence (RFE)sad.png 2/21/2014 (missing letter of intent from beneficiary) I wished I had discovered VJ before submitting. Read your VJ forums and ask questions before submitting!

Replied via express mail 2/27/2014

RFE Response Review 2/28/2014

l129F Petition approveddancin5hr.gif03/14/2014

NVC sent case to Embassy hardcopy received 4/5/2014

Fiance Submitted DS-160 online.

Completed medical exam 4/9/2014

Received Police Certificate 4/10/2014

Docs submitted and scheduled interview 4/16/2014

Interview 4/23/2014 K1 Visa Approved! :dancing:

Visa in hand 5/1/2014

Arrived 7/14/14

Married 7/22/14

AOS and EAD sent 8/5/14

Employment Authorization Card received 10/4/14

AOS interview 11/14/14

Conditional permanent resident Approved 11/14/14

WRlgm8.png

I wouldn't panic. The guides are your friend. Besides, if you're missing any paperwork before the application is approved, you'll get an RFE, and he won't be able to come here until that is resolved. And you'll have time to really make sure you have everything put together after you get married and before you file for AOS. You'll be fine!

Edited by Cori and Rob
October 2007- Became friends gaming onlineJanuary 16, 2009- Met in person in UKDecember 25, 2011- Ten visits later, engaged!February 24, 2012- I-129F SentFebruary 29, 2012- NOA 1 ReceivedJuly 13, 2012- RFE email sad.pngJuly 20, 2012-RFE response mailed to CSCJuly 24, 2012-RFE response reviewJuly 26, 2012-NOA2!!!!July 30, 2012-NOA2 Hardcopy ReceivedAugust 3, 2012-NVC received case and forwarded to LondonAugust 6, 2012-Case received by LondonAugust 13, 2012-Packet 3 sent out by consulateAugust 15, 2012-Packet 3 receivedAugust 23, 2012-Mailed affidavit and original forms to Rob via express mailAugust 30, 2012-MedicalSeptember 3, 2012-Packet 3 sent to embassy with DS-2001September 4, 2012-Packet 3 and DS-2001 arrive in LondonSeptember 26, 2012-Packet 4 receivedOctober 11, 2012- lnterview- Result: APPROVEDOctober 18, 2012-Visa in handNovember 15, 2012- POE-ORDNovember 21, 2012- Legal wedding!!November 30, 2012- Applied for SSNDecember 7, 2012- SSN card came in mailDecember 20, 2012- AOS/EAD/AP sent outDecember 27, 2012-AOS/EAD/AP Text/email confirmationDecember 31, 2012-AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 received in mailJanuary 22, 2013-Biometrics appointmentFebruary 15, 2013- EAD/AP approvedFebruary 27, 2013- EAD/AP card arrived in mailApril 6, 2013- Big family wedding!!August 12, 2013-AOS text/email- APPROVED!! <p>May 16, 2015- ROC package sent to CSC August 15, 2015- ROC Approved!

Also, go to the UK forum, at least once your NOA2 is through, go to the US embassy London website and read all that stuff too. There really is nothing to stress about, it just takes time.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

read the guides

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Why would getting pregnant make it easier?

He can visit while the K-1 petition is processing and return to England for the medical and interview for the K-1 visa.

Start here > http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Why would getting pregnant make it easier?

Important to note for OP: pregnancy does not count for an expedite request.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

If you get pregnant now (or during the K-1 process), you run the risk of your fiance not being in the US with you when your baby is born. Lately, the process has been taking around 5 months for most people, but if you have any issues, or if for some reason you get denied, you'll either have to have the baby in the UK, or you'll be having that baby alone.

As Novembro said, pregnancies will not expedite your case. And maybe just something to think about: if something like paperwork is stressing you out like this, you might want to strongly consider whether or not you're ready to have a child.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Wait to have a baby... This process is stressful enough without adding worry if you will be alone for the birth, hormonal changes and the financial stresses on top of everything...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My Fiance and i are about to start filing for the K-1 visa. he lives in the united kingdom and plans to come to the united states to live with me. honestly we are both extremely stressed and totally lost. we have no idea how to start any of this and we fear that when he comes over and we get married that something will happen and he will have to go back to England because paperwork will not be finished. when he comes over the first things we wanted to do is get the marriage license and to start trying for a baby, we were both hoping that maybe if we became pregnant if things would be easier or would it make it more stressful? like i said we are both in desperate need of some kind of direction and help. anything at all will help. thank you.

So, how long have the 2 of you known each other? How much time have you actually spent together?

Really, getting pregnant to help the immigration process, you should probably think long and hard on that one. If you've never raised children before, you might not realize just what a huge responsibility you are getting yourself into. And that doesn't go away when relationships don't work out. Having experience at that myself, I suggest you wait until you've been married for a while. You don't need a child to get a fiancé/marriage based visa.

Anyway. I think the best thing you can do, if you are sure about marriage, is for your fiancé to come here on a tourist visa, get married and then file for a CR-1. CR-1 is the route my wife and I went. We knew each other for 2 years first and spent about one year of that actually living together.

I am of the opinion that marriage based visa process is better than fiancé based visa process, from all that I've read. Look into both options and see what you think.

Hope that helps.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

If the picture on your account is real your picture do not hurry to have baby , you are so young also you have enough time to have baby in future after you husband find a job and ....

Check my timeline see if you got pregnant now (from start k-1 visa for your fiance), If my timeline happen for your fiance what will be happen for you and your baby.

Even if half time my timeline happen to you, what you will do .

Good Luck

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There are many good reasons to get pregnant. This is not one of them.

I am on my third trip through the K-1 mill, and one thing I have learned is that you can move heaven and earth easier than you can expedite a K-1. Just go through all the steps carefully, one by one, and wait the time that you need to wait. The system does work, but you need to give it the time to let it work.

Let him come here on the K-1, get all the legal stuff behind you, and then start planning your family.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.