tara2904

Uncertain what to do

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am married to a USCIS citizen. At first he was charming and very loving we have so may wonderful memories together. My husband became violent and scares me. He always threatens to kill me. He has been in prison for 13 years, which I have found out after doing some research. He also confess to me that he has killed his sisters husband and made it look like he committed suicide. He also stated that he killed more people. I told him I would tell the police and he said it is all circumstantial evidence and they would not believe me as he has gotten away with it for so long. I found out he has moved from the south to NYC. He said if I tried to leave him he will kill me. He also states that he will never allow me to get GC and said that he would tell USCIS that I only married him for the GC. I am now stuck and don't know what to do. I have no money no paper to get work and petrified to leave. He his tells me that I have to drop of heroin to his customers.

I was insulted and thought he was joking. He then told me how do you think I can afford to pay for my rent. I thought his wages covered it, if I asked any questions I was told to mind my own business get shouted at, and things broken. I manage to get him on tape asking me to deliver heroin package which I refused. I am stuck in the USA and is uncertain because he his from the south if anything happens to me he can skip states. He his always drunk and abusive.

He would then boast about what he has done and told me if I ever crossed him or try to snitch he would kill me and my family. He would search me to see if I was wired tap, ask constantly ask if I work for the FBI. I need to get out but he say he will not divorce me. He said he didn't get married to get divorce and I am his wife he owns me and I must do what he says. I am petrified, stress out and dying slowly. He refuses to put me on his health insurance so I could get basic medical. I am still on B2 visa and has not yet received any form of settlement. We have been married for 8 months and I have never seen someone changes as radical as this. He told me that behind this pretty face lies a monster.

He said if I ever called the police he would make sure I disappear like the people he made disappear. I am walking on eggshells here. He refuses to sign the paper to petition for me, and I am scared that I will end up in a ditch if I tried to file VAWA. Any suggestions welcome

I'm still amazed that even in the most twisted/abusive/life-threatening for the beneficiary situations you still see the magic word VAWA.

Edit: To add something to my post that could actually be useful to the OP: if this is indeed your situation - walk out of the house and go to a women's shelter.

Edited by Luthien

Get out.

Didn't your immigration guy told you when you come to USA that no one can keep you without your will.

That is why we are free, best dam country in whole world.

do not go back. Once you out you will find out there are many places where you can survive if you are hard working person.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

First get out of the situation... Local women's shelter is an excellent plac to start... Get safe, then worry about the rest.. They will also have resources here to help you.

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

You need to go to a women's shelter immediately. This is really the best advice to give. You will receive the help you need.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I still don't under this I read this stuff over and over, people can only reach this site VJ and ask what to do. meanwhile you have the the whole world of info at your finger tips. Ones safety is more important than a card a piece of paper. look up women's shelters call the police. here is the US we help people that are abused and IF you say he has done these things the law will get to him.

I-130 Timeline Spouse visa

I-130 Sent July 1 2013

I-130 NOA 1 July 8 2013
I-130 Transferred NSC Jan 2 2014
R F E Mar 17 2014
R F E Mailed back Mar 23 2014
I-130 Approved April 2 2014
NOA 2 in the mail April 7 2014
NVC received April 23 2014
got case number May 19 2014
email with case # May 27 2014
email to pay AOS fee May 27 2014
Ds 261 sent May 27 2014
Aos fee paid $ 88.00 May 30 2014

Aos sent out June 20 2014

IV bill in email July 16 2014

paid IV July 18 2014
sent IV doc July 23 2014
check list on AOS Aug 13 2014
sent out check list Aug 26 2014
aos CHANGED NA Oct 23 2014
CC email Oct 30 2014
Interview Dec 16 2014 :dancing:
POE Dec 27 2014
You need to have patience as a Saint and Love that can endure anything, this will not be easy..ClockWatch2.gif smiley-angelic011.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

(inappropriate comment removed - VJ Moderation)

A trip to your Consulate and get on the first plane home would be my recommendation.

Who would travel to the US without a Credit Card? Flex that friend and buy a ticket.

Edited by Kathryn41

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Only one post, I'm not buying it :protest: But then again I hope they get the hellp they need if I'm wrong.

Let's just assume for a second that this is a genuine post (overlooking the mention VAWA, which means she's either well-informed or has been doing some research).

First steps would be:-

1. Wait until he's out or you're out delivering his heroin. Call the Police and report him. They will ask you to make a statement and sign it and may put you in touch with an emergency shelter or take him in for questioning (buying you time to make a bid for freedom).

2. Contact a local women's shelter for accommodation and safety.

3. Call your home country's Embassy and ask for assistance with a ticket home.
4. Talk with the local courthouse or a lawyer about getting a divorce started.

ROC

AR11 filed: 02/05/11

I-751 filed at Vermont Service Center: 02/07/11

NOA: 02/14/11

Biometrics appt: 03/21/11

RoC Interview: Not required

RoC Approved: 08/04/2011

10 yr Green card received: 08/10/2011

He has been in prison for 13 years, which I have found out after doing some research. He also confess to me that he has killed his sisters husband and made it look like he committed suicide. He also stated that he killed more people.

(inappropriate comment edited - VJ Moderation)

Go for women shelter and then back to your country, and pls tell cops abt him before you leave so other ppl can be save from this murderer monster

Edited by Kathryn41

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.