tara2904

Uncertain what to do

46 posts in this topic

For the OP - Yes, VAWA is available to you if you are really in this situation.

It is the government agency's prerogative to decide based on the facts and circumstantial evidence whether or not OP has a legit case against her USC petitioner and be qualified to be protected under the provisions of VAWA.

To those comments - "from the Philippines?" - Repeat it to yourselves again and I say this to you.. SHAME on you!

If some of you here can't post a valid and legitimate help and advice, please just don't post.

PREJUDICE PREJUDICE.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

OP has a legit case against her USC petitioner and be qualified to be protected under the provisions of VAWA.

I didn't get it that there is a USC petitioner. Unless it's her work place. Isn't she here on a B type visa?

It sounds like the husband is refusing to sponsor her for a GC.

If the story is true, she has a lot more serious problem than getting a GC. Like staying alive for another day.

Edited by Journeyer

Timeline

Please, let's suppose this is a real "story" then VJ website folks send the sign up email and IP address to the FBI. End of friggin' story.

The FBI? Are you serious? I wouldn't be contacting the FBI unless I had a reason a lot better than something somebody is posting anonymously on an internet forum. But if you want the FBI showing up at your door, go for it.

I didn't get it that there is a USC petitioner. Unless it's her work place. Isn't she here on a B type visa?

It sounds like the husband is refusing to sponsor her for a GC.

If the story is true, she has a lot more serious problem than getting a GC. Like staying alive for another day.

Yep, came on a visitors visa with intent to marry. Husband refuses to file for her. If he is dealing drugs, might have a U visa option, but thats just a temporary visa yet.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

I am married to a USCIS citizen. At first he was charming and very loving we have so may wonderful memories together. My husband became violent and scares me. He always threatens to kill me. He has been in prison for 13 years, which I have found out after doing some research. He also confess to me that he has killed his sisters husband and made it look like he committed suicide. He also stated that he killed more people. I told him I would tell the police and he said it is all circumstantial evidence and they would not believe me as he has gotten away with it for so long. I found out he has moved from the south to NYC. He said if I tried to leave him he will kill me. He also states that he will never allow me to get GC and said that he would tell USCIS that I only married him for the GC. I am now stuck and don't know what to do. I have no money no paper to get work and petrified to leave. He his tells me that I have to drop of heroin to his customers.

I was insulted and thought he was joking. He then told me how do you think I can afford to pay for my rent. I thought his wages covered it, if I asked any questions I was told to mind my own business get shouted at, and things broken. I manage to get him on tape asking me to deliver heroin package which I refused. I am stuck in the USA and is uncertain because he his from the south if anything happens to me he can skip states. He his always drunk and abusive.

He would then boast about what he has done and told me if I ever crossed him or try to snitch he would kill me and my family. He would search me to see if I was wired tap, ask constantly ask if I work for the FBI. I need to get out but he say he will not divorce me. He said he didn't get married to get divorce and I am his wife he owns me and I must do what he says. I am petrified, stress out and dying slowly. He refuses to put me on his health insurance so I could get basic medical. I am still on B2 visa and has not yet received any form of settlement. We have been married for 8 months and I have never seen someone changes as radical as this. He told me that behind this pretty face lies a monster.

He said if I ever called the police he would make sure I disappear like the people he made disappear. I am walking on eggshells here. He refuses to sign the paper to petition for me, and I am scared that I will end up in a ditch if I tried to file VAWA. Any suggestions welcome

Women's shelter in NY info: http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/states/new_york/homeless/womenshelters

They will provide all the details you need for protection and help from police.

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Women's shelter in NY info: http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/states/new_york/homeless/womenshelters

They will provide all the details you need for protection and help from police.

Those look like they are shelters for homeless. OP needs a domestic violence shelter. Their locations are hidden so the abusers can't find them.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Those look like they are shelters for homeless. OP needs a domestic violence shelter. Their locations are hidden so the abusers can't find them.

That's a good point, Harpa! But I also hope they are not so hidden that even the abused can't find them. Anyway, not even sure if NY is OP's real state. In any case, 911 is always a good start.

heart.gif After all, we're all just walking home ...heart.gif

:energy: N-400 in progess ...

01/14/2013 Filed I-129f

07/31/2013 I-129f NOA2

11/04/2013 Visa Received

11/21/2013 POE: Honolulu .. Aloha!

01/27/2014 Wedding day! (L)

03/11/2014 Filed I-485, I-131 and I-765

05/31/2014 EAD/AP card received

06/27/2014 Green card received

05/12/2016 Filed I-751

05/25/2016 Check cashed

05/26/2016 NOA (Dated 05/16) Received

06/20/2016 Biometric Appointment

05/07/2017 10-year Green card received

N-400

07/02/2018 Filed N-400 online

07/24/2018 Biometric Appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The FBI? Are you serious? I wouldn't be contacting the FBI unless I had a reason a lot better than something somebody is posting anonymously on an internet forum. But if you want the FBI showing up at your door, go for it.

I am serious, you obviously don't understand law enforcement. If this post is for real, even partially, then I hope this person has read the good responses and gone to a DV shelter. Possibly not based on fears of retribution against her family. If this post is 100% bogus, it still might be a case for law enforcement to review.

A post like this should have been passed on as a tip to the FBI. The FBI has highly advanced capabilities to follow up on internet leads related to crime in any format.

How do I know? I was instrumental in providing evidence to interpol that fingered suspects in a criminal case uncovered on the internet. And yes TWO FBI special agents did show up at my door. Serial killer? Mass murderer? VJ better have passed this post on for review. I highly doubt the VJ moderators will tell us however, and they shouldn't.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

Timeline

I am serious, you obviously don't understand law enforcement. If this post is for real, even partially, then I hope this person has read the good responses and gone to a DV shelter. Possibly not based on fears of retribution against her family. If this post is 100% bogus, it still might be a case for law enforcement to review.

A post like this should have been passed on as a tip to the FBI. The FBI has highly advanced capabilities to follow up on internet leads related to crime in any format.

How do I know? I was instrumental in providing evidence to interpol that fingered suspects in a criminal case uncovered on the internet. And yes TWO FBI special agents did show up at my door. Serial killer? Mass murderer? VJ better have passed this post on for review. I highly doubt the VJ moderators will tell us however, and they shouldn't.

It sounds more like a case for local law enforcement to me.

That is, IF it's a true story. That's a really huge IF right now.

I'm also having serious doubts that the VJ moderators are going to send that post to the FBI.

But, I apparently don't understand these things like you do, so I'm going to leave matters of uncovering super villain plots, to you.

I think I'll go back to trying to help people with immigration issues, with what little knowledge I have learned on the subject.

Timeline

(off topic and an inappropriate comment have been removed- VJ Moderation)

Bottom line, this person ideally, if any of it is true, should get all her things together, go to DV shelter, warn relatives and local law enforcment, and either file VAWA if she has a legitimate reason to stay in the USA, or return to her country of origin.

Oh and beyond the FBI there is always ICE, too. (unhelpful off topic comment removed - VJ Moderation)

Edited by Kathryn41
to remove inappropriate and off topic comments

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

Timeline

(inappropriate comments removed -VJ Moderation)

The FBI does record all tips and investigates those considered of merit.

They also have screening tools, just like the NSA, to ferret out posts that could be considered of criminal content and worthy of followup.

https://tips.fbi.gov/

Edited by Kathryn41
to remove inappropriate comments

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

A number of posts containing either inappropriate comments or off topic comments have been removed and a number more have been edited to remove inappropriate or off topic comments while leaving the constructive comments or advice.

If you have nothing constructive to offer to the discussion or believe that the circumstances can't be true, then please do not post in this thread.

For your consideration, prior to my immigration I worked for a Member of Parliament and assisted in a situation with one of our citizens caught up in circumstances very similar to these. I was even wondering if the same man was involved in both cases. So, yes, it can and does happen so please, either treat it seriously - or don't respond at all.

I hope the OP takes advantage of the offered advice that she immediately seeks a woman's shelter or goes to her Consulate who will assist her.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yes he's serious. If the poster is saying that her husband murdered people and traffics drugs or whatever she said, these claims are something serious and under the FBI's jurisdiction if they DID happen.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.