Guest solrazr

K1 Visa, married, but now separated. (False Domestic Violence)

54 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I called USCIS, and they confirmed to withdraw the affidavit. But I can't schedule an infopass, so is there an address I should send in the letter? I didn't ask while on the phone and now there closed..

https://infopass.uscis.gov/

This the infopass link. click on it, make an appointment.

Good Luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

https://infopass.uscis.gov/

This the infopass link. click on it, make an appointment.

Good Luck

You should go the address they will give after making appointment, talk in person with them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You might have a chance to request withdrawal of your affidavit, maybe a 50% chance. This is based upon a cursory review of August filers, see:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/447870-august-2013-aos-filers/page-5

A few filed in August, one was approved 11/15, another 1/06, and there were several not listed as approved. This could be that the approval is taking a long time (~6 months) or it could be that these people simply have not updated their timeline. I get the feeling that if the Adj of Status went to the NVC it takes a long time, if however (I'm basing this on looking at Jan 2014 filers) it goes to one of the "other" (on Monday the USCIS supervisor in Manchester, NH stated: "we have no idea where they go, some are farmed out to private (?) processors, so there is no accurate time frame" (note: that's from memory and not to be relied upon as an accurate statement). But I found that there were Adj of Status that went from Acceptance to Approval in short times too...in one case listed an 11/25 Acceptance achieved Approval on 1/17--that's a mere 51 days! So variability seems from a fast 51 days to about 6 months.

Find the case number post haste, and use Darnell's link above--if it says still processing I'd move you butt at light speed. If the lady has a bf, heck, why not have half a dozen little ones and what better reason for daddy not to legalize the marriage, welfare benefits exceed in many states what many can earn working 40 hours per week.

You can't do an Infopass? For God's sake man----------why not? Your butt is on the line.

Close every Visa account, have them put a fraud watch on them and reissue you a new number.

Go to every bank, close and reopen the bank account with a new number.

Do not talk to the lady, do not call her, run... The complaint should be dismissed if possible. But the reality is that under VAWA the complainant can say or write anything and introduce anyone as evidence. So you call her and say: "Honey, I love you, come home," three or four times. Complainant writes: "He/She hassled me on the phone repeatedly and said he was coming to kill me and my boyfriend whose statement is attached echoes this."

Now let's say that for those four calls, you had mom, dad, your brother and your sister in the room listening. They all say: "rubbish--we heard you say: honey come home." But---------the kicker, neither you, nor anyone related to you can offer or submit testimony.

It is that bad.

Because of course it was.

It's about time we rename the Philippines Nigeria Junior.

Sweet mother of god why would you go through with it if you thought it was fake?

Oh, you went there. Nigeria Junior, eh? So just because one Filipino duped a citizen then all Filipinos are the same? Grow up.

every day of the week there is at least one case of a Filipino screwing over an american...at LEAST

That is your educated response? Racist much?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Portugal
Timeline

Ok I don't have any of the mail, is there a way to get those receipt numbers?

I'm not an expert on what papers you need to keep for AOS and ROC, but don't you need copies of the receipts for those like you need a copy of the NOA2 for AOS?

So you don't have the mail because you she took everything with her? You have to have something, an old email, old text/Skype/whathaveyou messages, scans, anything.

If you're really that concerned about the situation, you should be fine-tooth combing your communication throughout the past year or so, looking for any record of those receipt numbers. And, sheesh, if you had that gut feeling, why on Earth didn't you cover your rear end and kept those receipts?

The K1 journey:                                                                                                                             The AOS journey:

11/09/2013 - I-129F Packet mailed to Dallas Lockbox                                                                                         06/22/2015 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox

02/14/2014 - Case shipped to Embassy, where it waited for over a year at my request                                 11/07/2015 - AOS approved (EAD and AP had already been approved) - there was no interview

05/21/2015 - Interview - Approved

06/19/2015 - Wedding (L) 

The ROC journey:                                                                                                                         

10/12/2017 - ROC packet mailed to VSC

01/21/2019 - ROC Approved - there was no interview

The N-400 journey:

02/16/2020 - N-400 application filed online

02/21/2020 - Paper NOA received in the mail

03/13/2020 - Biometrics

02/02/2021 - Interview & test - Approved

02/05/2021 - Oath Ceremony

JOrOp1.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Oh, you went there. Nigeria Junior, eh? So just because one Filipino duped a citizen then all Filipinos are the same? Grow up.

One ? One a day would far more accurate...

First...make that infopass appointment, yesterday. Second, go speak to a lawyer, but also inform yourself on the whole DV, restraining order process. If the lawyer appears to be ignoring your evidence, information find another one. If your lawyer does not ask you questions on the green card, residency motive and understands the implications...secure another lawyer. Third and this is an assumption since you do not mention any restraining order, it is very hard for a respondent to have the order denied, but not impossible. The MOTIVE to claim abuse for residency, has to be CLEARLY, concisely presented to the judge at the hearing as if s/he knows NOTHING about visas. immigrants, fraud.

Last, you WILL have the antagonists, nosy replies to your thread(such is a conversation on the web), DON'T waste your time explaining yourself to those that appear to be trying to make you spill your whole life on the web. I wish you the best!

Edited by ir0nK1visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm from the Philippines and been reading VJ everyday and feels me sick and ashamed that almost everyday I read post about Filipina involved in fraud marriages and I cant believe this happened perhaps because this is not supposed the culture that I've known about Philippine women. We were taught and mold to, as much as possible and as long as we can endure, fight and keep the marriage. This maybe isn't the trend now about Philippine women but I can still guarantee out there that there are still many many successful Filipina-American marriages. But then again and for the benefit of the doubt, we only heard one side of the story and as what I've said in my previous post on here that:

WE SHOULD BE REASONABLE WITH OUR SEARCH (AGE GAP, must be appropriate), this is my personal experience, it is a common scene in the Philippines and

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@avery cates - just because someone did that to somebody you can say in general that philippines can now be called Nigeria junior. I think being in this kind of forum we should be more sensitive and careful in making comments specially when you only hear one side of the story...

The same thing can be said of Nigeria. Because there are horrible immigration fraud stories from there doesn't mean everyone out there are frausters. Well, we cannot stop the stereotype especially when a particular crime is almost constantly being committed by a particular group of people. On this site, the leading immigration fraud stories are mainly committed by Nigerians and the Filipinos. There are others too, just not as prevalent as those two here. By the way, I'm a Nigerian.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.