AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

We got a RFE because my fiance didn't send in enough proof of our meeting - he had to send in more evidence! It's not enough just to fill out the form and say 'we met on X date' - you have to provide photos too :) And then he got another RFE because they needed more financial information from him. Combined the two held us up for three months which seemed like an eternity but wasn't really a big deal.

what do you mean you had to send in financial information for the first step. I thought the financial part was for the interview and then later when change of status

That is correct it is not required for the initial filing of the petition. I think Kajikit was referring to another part of the process when mentioning the financial information and that the combined RFE's they received cost them 3 months.

For the first 2 years of the 5 years (employment) in question, my fiance worked abroad in Spain. It is difficult to obtain record of work as the company went into liquidation. Would it be possible therefore to just state "Unemployed" for those 2 years?

Cheers

Sacha

All that needs to be put is the company name etc and the timeframe of employment. It doesn't matter that the company is now non existent. I would be honest on the form.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

When I sent in our forms I didn't date the pictures. I did send in a lot of "primary" evidence though. I sent copies of my passport showing stamps from the 5 trips I took there and copies of my boarding passes from those 5 trips. There were about 15 pictures that I sent that were spead out over the last 2 years that we have been seeing each other. But none were dated or signed. Will that be a problem?

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This thread is for reporting actual, received RFEs. Please post your questions in your own thread and keep this one for reporting, not discussing.

My request only; thanks! :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

One of the members asked me to post my info on this thread about RFE.

After waiting since Saturday, I finally got the letter in the mail. The information they are looking for isn't bank statements, phone bills, emails, pics or letters. In fact, they need more proof on my fiance's divorce. Evidently the document we submitted with the english translation wasn't the actual certificate of divorce but the request for the divorce. So for a Greek divorce we need two documents, one from the church and one from the courts. So off my fiance goes to speak with his lawyer tomorrow to get these two documents, with english translations and copies of all documents back and front. Ugh!!!!!

Hopefully we can get this in to the Vermont office soon. We have a deadline to get this in by July 16th.

So if anyone is dealing with Greece, they want two forms if it was a divorce from their marriage that happened in the GREEK ORTHODOX CHURCH. They want the final divorce decree and the document from the Mitropolis. My fiance had a mutual divorce so his lawyer will be providing him with the documents which will be photo copied back and front and full english translations (certified).

Andreas & Bridgett

3dflagsdotcom_greec_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

Kisses.jpg

January 29, 2006 - WE GOT ENGAGED!!

March 20, 2006- mail K-1 VISA (certified & return receipt).

March 22, 2006 - Vermont office receives our application.

March 23, 2006 - NOA1

March 24, 2006 - Check is cashed

April 22, 2006 - Receive email from USCIS that RFE is mailed for more information.

April 28, 2006 - Receive RFE in the mail. Need final divorce decree from Andreas.

June 20, 2006 - 2nd RFE (IMBRA)

June 23, 2006 - Received RFE (IMBRA) in the mail.

June 24, 2006 - FedEx IMBRA RFE to Vermont office.

June 27, 2006 - Vermont Office received IMBRA RFE.

July 3, 2006 - Touched

July 12, 2005 - Fedex request for extension for the 1st RFE.

July 17, 2006 - Deadline for 1st RFE.

July 18, 2006 - Touched

July 19, 2006 - Touched

July 20, 2006 - Touched

August 6, 2006 - Touched

August 17, 2006 - Touched and email that a letter has been sent with regards to RFE.

August 23, 2006 - Letter received, we got the extension I requested, they allowed us 3 MORE MONTHS!!!

October 27, 2006 - Papers mailed by courier from Athens.

Filed: Timeline

The first part of the RFE I got they want an elaboration on how we meet.

The second part is LAST MEETING they said what I set did not prove we meet in last two years.

The Third is they want a copy of her birth certificate

My first letter of how we meet was ¾ of a page so I am redoing it and it will be a full page this time. I am explaining the exact website, the name of Motel - even though they had itemized recite from them its location ditty, how we spent our first 2 weeks together and now how our second trip was the engagement party new photos ETC. Where we went what we did how much time we spent togheare, etc she works full time.

in the first letter I explained date time and place of meeting also supplied photo of event

Explained how we first meet on line

Listed items sent in to prove we meet and had a relationship

Listed:

Airline stubs and baggage tickets

Airline itinerary

Motel receipt in English itemized with both our names on it

Photos with dates on the back (5)

Engagement ring receipt

Passport & Visa

They said"Elaborate on statements"

Secound Question They said "though you have submitted undated photos of you with beneficiary, copies of your stamped passport, and airline ticket stubs, they alone do not establish that you have met the beneficiary in person in the last two years immediately preceding the filing of the petition. The airline stubs do not show the year, so it is not possible to determine if the meeting was within the two-year period"

So they will not-or did not- accept stamped passport with ticket stubs showing same dates except year-was on passport stamp- as being proof you were there that timeframe!!!!

photos were dated cover letter dicscribed and included time place and date

They recommended I supply motel receipt, airline itinerary, credit card statements, and dated photos-which apparently means digital date on print-

And as a preemptive strike I am trying to line up my Congressman to help it they send and more requests like this last on

Petitioners First Name: Capt. Joe

Beneficiaries First Name: Logic Girl

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2005-12-13

I-129F NOA1 : 2005-12-21

I-129F RFE(s) : 2006-04-18

RFE Reply(s) : 2006-05-05

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-05-11

NVC Received :

NVC Left : 2006-05-26

Consulate Received : 2006-05-31

Packet 3 mailed 2006-06-19

Packet 3 Received : 2006-07-10

Packet 3 Sent : 2006-07-12

Packet 4 Received : 2006-09-23

Interview Date : 2006-10-05 passed!!!!

Visa Received : 2006-10-10

US Entry : 2006-10-13

Marriage : 2006-10-16

Comments : sending out AOS papers 11-27-06

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 149 days.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hubby is a British citizen but permanent resident of Canada. When the packet got to the consulate they requested proof of is legal residency.

July 12, 2002 - Married

I130

May 18, 2005 - Sent Certified Mail USPS with Money Order for fees

May 20, 2005 - Received Date

June 2, 2005 - Notice Date

June 6, 2005 - Received NOA1

September 10, 2005No action to date

December 1, 2005 -Approved

I129

August 25, 2005 - Sent Certified Mail USPS with Money Order for fees

August 26, 2005 - USPS tracking shows Delivered, August 26, 2005, 1:54 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60680

September 7, 2005 - "touched" I think

September 12, 2005 - Received NOA1 showing receipt date of August 30, 2005

October 17, 2005 - APPROVED!!!

November 27, 2005 - Received by NVC

November 3, 2005 - RFE received from Consulate

November 18, 2005 - RFE delivered to Consulate

November 28, 2005 - Instructions received

December 6, 2005 - Medical Appt Much confusion and lack of communication by Physicians caused much delay :(

March 23 - Checklist received

May 12 - Packet 4 received

June 1 - Interview

June 1 - APPROVED!!!!!

June 7 - Steve Arrived home

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Wood, you should provide all they asked, and I think you forgot to add the letter on intent, was it? From both of you.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

The first part of the RFE I got they want an elaboration on how we meet.

The second part is LAST MEETING they said what I set did not prove we meet in last two years.

The Third is they want a copy of her birth certificate

My first letter of how we meet was ¾ of a page so I am redoing it and it will be a full page this time. I am explaining the exact website, the name of Motel - even though they had itemized recite from them its location ditty, how we spent our first 2 weeks together and now how our second trip was the engagement party new photos ETC. Where we went what we did how much time we spent togheare, etc she works full time.

in the first letter I explained date time and place of meeting also supplied photo of event

Explained how we first meet on line

Listed items sent in to prove we meet and had a relationship

Listed:

Airline stubs and baggage tickets

Airline itinerary

Motel receipt in English itemized with both our names on it

Photos with dates on the back (5)

Engagement ring receipt

Passport & Visa

They said"Elaborate on statements"

Secound Question They said "though you have submitted undated photos of you with beneficiary, copies of your stamped passport, and airline ticket stubs, they alone do not establish that you have met the beneficiary in person in the last two years immediately preceding the filing of the petition. The airline stubs do not show the year, so it is not possible to determine if the meeting was within the two-year period"

So they will not-or did not- accept stamped passport with ticket stubs showing same dates except year-was on passport stamp- as being proof you were there that timeframe!!!!

photos were dated cover letter dicscribed and included time place and date

They recommended I supply motel receipt, airline itinerary, credit card statements, and dated photos-which apparently means digital date on print-

And as a preemptive strike I am trying to line up my Congressman to help it they send and more requests like this last on

when did you recieved your rfe? How soon after you recieved the NOA1? For everybody here, when do they usually send rfe? is it between the period of NOA1-until you recive the NOA2? :help:

thanks

#1 I included both letters of intent and feel the person that reviewed my package was very unprofessional

#2 NOA1 Dec 20 REF APR 18 got the letter Apr 27

K-1 Visa

Event Date

NVC Received :

Processing

#1 I included both letters of intent and feel the person that reviewed my package was very unprofessional

#2 NOA1 Dec 20 REF APR 18 got the letter Apr 27

what center did you sent yours. If they still persist on doubting your application, maybe you should get a lawyer...but i hope evrything will be fine soon..goodluck

I will get my senator if it continues They have already been in contact with me

K-1 Visa

Event Date

NVC Received :

Processing

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

We didn't get an RFE, but my fiances name was wrong when we recieved the 1st NOA. He called the custumer service # to get it corrected and they told us, they would send us a corrected one...which never came. Instead, we got the NOA2 already, with his RIGHT name, just misspelled..lol

Now we are working on that one to get it straight...even I don't think, one typo will do anything to the whole process....

So..so far no trouble... :thumbs:

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

My RFE indicated the Last Meeting checkbox.

When I initially sent my packet, I only included the the identification part of my passport. Now I am sending all the pages with the entry-exit stamps on them.

I had sent boarding pass originally, which I am sending again.

I had sent 3-4 receipts stating time, location, and my name. For the RFE, I am sending every single one that I have.

I also went to the airline and credit card websites and printed out the appropriate information. I'm not sure if they will accept this, but it can't hurt.

Now more waiting!!

Timeline:

02-08-2006 I-129F Packet Mailed to NSC

Transferred to CSC

02-27-2006 NOA1 Date.

03-03-2006 Check Cleared.

03-04-2006 NOA1 Received in the mail.

05-03-2006 Touched

05-09-2006 RFE

05-10-2006 Touched

05-15-2006 RFE Received in the mail.

05-16-2006 Mailed Additional Evidence Overnighted to CSC.

05-17-2006 Additional Evidence Received by CSC.

05-20-2006 Touched - RFE Received.

05-24-2006 NOA2 Approved.

06-10-2006 Packet 3 and 4 received.

07-07-2006 Interview - Visa Approved.

07-13-2006 Entry into US.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
My 'tip' is concerning final divorce papers and may be just for UK couples as I am not sure what the documents look like other countries....but in the UK the 'Decree Absolute' is not very impressive and the document title is in small words at the bottom of the page!!! We were RFE'd because they said we didn't send it, and we did....so when we sent it for the 2nd time, we highlighted the words 'Decree Absolute' on the photocopy and were approved 2 weeks later!

I really don't think they knew what the document was....hope this helps (F)

Jen

We got an RFE for the Decree of Absolute as well, difference being they wanted a "certified copy". We called the county court and after a couple of persons didn't know what we were talking about we got a guy who said "oh yes right, I will have that out to you tomorrow". It looked the same as the original we had sent, but he had placed a stamp on it with signature and a date. I have seen this a couple of times with UK divorce decrees.

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

+ Always send in the LONG version of the birth certificate (USC) - not the short one. If you only happen to have the short one, include copies of ALL pages of the passport of the US citizen.

That may be excellent advice for some situations, but not "always". In our case, we went through the whole process without ever sending in the USC's birth certificate at all (we used the passport to provide proof of citizenship). Also, some places issue only one form of birth certificate, so there's not always a distinction between "long form" and "short form". Just telling folks they have to file the "long form" may be more confusing than helpful if there is no "long form" option in their place of birth. Finally, some USC's were born abroad, so they don't have the option of using the birth certificate to provide proof of citizenship.

So wait... I'm just starting this process. I'm from Minnesota, and I'm not sure we have 2 forms of the birth certificate. The one I've got has my parents' names on it, and my name, and where, etc. but not a lot of other info. What's required?

Thanks all

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.