AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
+ Always send in the LONG version of the birth certificate (USC) - not the short one. If you only happen to have the short one, include copies of ALL pages of the passport of the US citizen.

+ Always send in your vaccination supplement and medical copies (if obtained) with your AOS. Some countries (like Germany) don't give you any copies of that, so be sure to get them again from a civil surgeon in the USA. It might cost a few dollars.

Also, I would like to add that even though we had two RFEs (one for the K-1 and the other one for AOS), we never complained because RFEs are not a big issue at all. It took only about 14 months from when we first started this entire process by sending in the K-1 application to the issue of my Greencard..... and all that with two RFEs.

Stephanie from Germany,

This is totally off subject but my boyfriend is from Schlotheim, which I think might be near you!! What city are you from??

Diana and Enrico

Edited by dirtyd301

My Timeline

K1

01/09/06- pakage sent to NSC

01/11/06- NOA1

03/16/06- NOA2 approved!!!

04/03/06- arrived at NVC

04/04/06- left NVC

04/08/06- received packet 3

04/11/06- sent packet 3 to Frankfurt

04/26/06- received packet 4

05/23/06- INTERVIEW at 9:30amAPPROVED!!!!

06/01/06- visa in hand!!!

06/08/06- married in Vegas!!!

AOS/EAD

06/24/06- sent AOS and EAD package to Chicago

06/27/06- Chicago receives package

06/30/06- NOA1

07/03/06- NOA1 received in the mail

07/17/06- biometrics appt. received in mail

07/25/06- biometrics in cleveland

08/30/06- case received at CSC

08/31/06- received a new NOA1 email

09/01/06- touched AOS

09/15/06- AOS APPROVED!! got email saying welcome letter was sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09/20/06- welcome letter received!!! and approval email sent

09/21/06- touched and GREENCARD RECEIVED!!!!!

06/08/07- one year anniversary

06/08/08- two year anniversary

06/08/09- three year anniversary

Removal of Conditions

06/17/08- package sent to California

06/19/08- California receives package

06/19/08-NOA1

06/28/08-Biometrics appointment

07/28/08-touched

09/01/08-received non conditional green card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

We got a RFE because my fiance didn't send in enough proof of our meeting - he had to send in more evidence! It's not enough just to fill out the form and say 'we met on X date' - you have to provide photos too :) And then he got another RFE because they needed more financial information from him. Combined the two held us up for three months which seemed like an eternity but wasn't really a big deal.

This is where this thread is going to confuse many. Getting an RFE for lack of evidence to prove you have met in the past two years almost always is due to a lack of primary evidence. Supplying more, or many photos (secondary evidence) will usually not overcome the burden of proof.

This has been borne out time and again by USCIS decisions whereby they have found mostly in favor of primary evidence and rejected secondary evidence such as photos when submitted as sole proof.

Primary evidence is documentary in nature: airline boarding passes, passport exit/entry stamps, hotel receipts, atm withdrawals in city of question, utility bills, apartment leases, etc.

Secondary evidence The USCIS defines secondary evidence as any documentation that can be used to supplement primary evidence but in itself cannot stand alone to prove ones assertions.

Photos are secondary; so are letters from relatives, neighbors or acquaintances, bus/train tickets and essentially anything that cannot be used to prove your point with a very high degree of certainty.

To sum up; very good Primary evidence with some secondary evidence = NO RFE

very weak Primary evidence with some, or lots of secondary= Possible RFE

No Primary evidence..........................................................= RFE

No Primary, lots of secondary.............................................= RFE

The docs I sent were Airline boarding passes from Los Angeles to New Delhi and a photograph of the engagement. Will that be fine?

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Please keep this thread for actual RFE reports so it can be pinned in the future!

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

This is a great thread :thumbs:

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Please keep this thread for actual RFE reports so it can be pinned in the future!

I agree! :yes:

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

wow some really great advice. I hope people find this thread helpful. :yes:

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

City: Texas Hill Country Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We finally got our RFE in the mail.

They've asked us for more primary or secondary evidence that we've met in person in the two years prior to our filing for the NOA1. (That is a bit of a stickler, as I had been planning to send evidence of the two meetings we've had in the meantime, but that isn't valid information. Only the two years prior to December 7, 2005 count.)

I sent copies of the boarding passes and airline tickets and receipts that we used as we flew back and forth, as well as pictures of us together, along with the original packet.

For my RFE, I'm planning to send those boarding passes and tickets (again), the same pictures I sent before, as well as copies of my passport and some receipts from my trip to Saskatoon to see my fiance. Also, I'm asking my family and friends to write quick notes attesting that they met my fiance when he was visiting me. They didn't ask specifically for that kind of information, but it seems like it might be helpful as corroborating evidence.

Can anyone suggest anything else I might send? I stayed with my fiance, and we didn't use much public transportation, so it's not like I've got hotel receipts or train tickets I can send them.

Thanks!

Rachel

Conditions Removed! Ten-year green card received 6/24/2009. No more USCIS for a very long time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi Rachel,

it is so good to read that someone besides my fiance and me got the same RFE like us...I don't really know what they want from us, because we sent in already a lot of evidence...so we will also send some more pictures. We got a letter written from my fiance's mom and aunt and a hotel receipt (it only has my name on it but anyway) and boarding passes when he came to visit me and when I flew over there... it really drives me crazy because we don;t really know what they want from us...we didn't send in letters last time because I lived in the U.S for two years (I was an Au Pair there) so we never wrote letters to each other...so I guess that is all we will send in...Isn't it frustrating???

I wish you good luck...let me know how it went with you guys

Nina

.png

blackribbonsmall.png

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

K-1 - Timeline:

01-27-2006 - sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center

02-02-2006 - NOA1

02-25-2006 - RFE

03-14-2006 - RFE Reply

03-31-2006 - NOA2

04/11/2006 - received packet 3

04/18/2006 - sent packet 3

- medical in Frankfurt

- received package 4

05/22/2006 - Interview date in Frankfurt

05/29/2006 - package with visa received

06/22/2006 - flight to US

08/26/2006 -Wedding

AOS - Timeline:

09/26/2006 - sent AOS, AP and EAD to Chicago

10/05/2006 - NOA1

10/19/2006 - Biometric Appointment

10/24/2006 - Case transfered to CA

10/27/2006 - Case recived at CA

11/24/2006 - Got approved

Rachel and Nina

Off the top of my head....how did you purchase the tickets? And what of any itinerary?

All the best to you both.

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

Hi Lorelle,

both my ticket and my fiances ticket where purchased via internet...and what do you mean with the itinerary? I flew from frankfurt, germany to New York and then to Baltimore....my fiance flew from Baltimore to Island and then to Frankfurt, Germany

Do you think that was a problem because it was purchased via internet??

Rachel and Nina

Off the top of my head....how did you purchase the tickets? And what of any itinerary?

Lorelle

.png

blackribbonsmall.png

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

K-1 - Timeline:

02-02-2006 - NOA1

02-25-2006 - RFE

03-14-2006 - RFE Reply

03-31-2006 - NOA2

- medical in Frankfurt

- received package 4

08/26/2006 -Wedding

AOS - Timeline:

10/05/2006 - NOA1

Not at all. I was asking basically if you sent any record of purchase of the ticket. Also did you print anything out showing the itinerary. Just trying to offer up some suggestions.

Hi Lorelle,

both my ticket and my fiances ticket where purchased via internet...and what do you mean with the itinerary? I flew from frankfurt, germany to New York and then to Baltimore....my fiance flew from Baltimore to Island and then to Frankfurt, Germany

Do you think that was a problem because it was purchased via internet??

Rachel and Nina

Lorelle

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Timeline

Last time I only sent in my itinerary because I was in the U.S while we sent out the packet but this time I will send the Boardingpasses as well...because I flew already back home, before I din't had my boarding passes...do you have any other idea what we should send??

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Nina

.png

blackribbonsmall.png

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

K-1 - Timeline:

02-02-2006 - NOA1

02-25-2006 - RFE

03-14-2006 - RFE Reply

03-31-2006 - NOA2

- medical in Frankfurt

- received package 4

08/26/2006 -Wedding

AOS - Timeline:

10/05/2006 - NOA1

City: Texas Hill Country Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Not at all. I was asking basically if you sent any record of purchase of the ticket. Also did you print anything out showing the itinerary. Just trying to offer up some suggestions.

I sent all of that the first time, but I definitely plan to send it all again. I can't imagine how anyone, looking at the evidence I sent with my original packet, wouldn't draw the conclusion that yes, we really met in person. But I've got a few more receipts I'll send along from my time in Saskatchewan, and my passport entry stamps and so forth, so I'll be adding those, as well.

Thanks! I appreciate your thoughts.

Conditions Removed! Ten-year green card received 6/24/2009. No more USCIS for a very long time.

Last time I only sent in my itinerary because I was in the U.S while we sent out the packet but this time I will send the Boardingpasses as well...because I flew already back home, before I din't had my boarding passes...do you have any other idea what we should send??

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Nina

The itinerary definitely won't be enough. Anyone can produce an itinerary without having done any travel at all. Boarding passes are very good proof given they are difficult to fake and actually proves that you traveled.

Primary evidence:

Exit/entry visa stamps, airline ticket boarding passes, hotel receipts, ATM withdrawals in the subject country/city, apartment leases in both names, utility bills, etc. (for those that have lived together) are irrefutable as primary evidence.

Secondary evidence:

Photos, bus tickets, engagement ring receipts, affidavits from family/friends may be used to supplement weak primary evidence if the primary evidence can not stand alone on its own merits.

and my passport entry stamps and so forth, so I'll be adding those, as well.

Thanks! I appreciate your thoughts.

This is very good evidence but remember that if you traveled to someplace other than where your fiance(e) lives, say someplace in between e.g. a different city, a third country whereby it is clear you were there but it's not clear that your S.O. was also there at the same time, then all the passport entry /exit stamps and airline boarding passes in the world won't make your case.

I'm not sure if this situation applies to you but if it does be sure to prove somehow that both of you were there, wherever "there" might have been, at the same time.

It is probably best to explain your evidence piece by piece on a separate piece of paper, particularly if your travels were difficult to understand.

P.S. The affidavits from family/friends can't hurt as well as an explanation from you that you stayed with him/her and did not use hotels, etc.

Edited by kaydee457
miss_me_yet.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
We got a RFE because my fiance didn't send in enough proof of our meeting - he had to send in more evidence! It's not enough just to fill out the form and say 'we met on X date' - you have to provide photos too :) And then he got another RFE because they needed more financial information from him. Combined the two held us up for three months which seemed like an eternity but wasn't really a big deal.

What financial information does the US fiance have to send when filing the K1? I thought that was just for the interview later down the journey.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.