AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We got the 2nd RFE requiring three things:

1. Signed statement of how we met, in detail and under what circumstances -- We just put "we met on ICQ" initially, now they want an elaboration.

2. Alien fiancee's divorce decree -- we attached my Annullment Decree in the original submission, yet they asked again. Oh well. So we are sending it again, and also a copy of the Annotated Marriage Contract. This is the requirement of the US Embassy in Manila, might as well furnish USCIS a copy.

3. Birth Certificates of all fiancee's children -- Of my three children, only my youngest, my daughter, is eligible for K2, and we already atached her birth certificate in the initial submission (per lawyer's instructions). Now they are asking for the birth certificates of my two sons who are above 21 and not elegible for K2 anyhow. The lawyer said we need not submit the boys' birth certificates, as it seems like a mistake by USCIS. But then again the Manila Embassy requires it (Item 2/e of Fiance(e) Visa Application Packet), see link: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfivk1.pdf

So we decided to send the birth certificates anyways.

The USCIS website said they sent 2nd RFE on 16 September, we just got it today.

Oh, and while waiting our heads off wondering what that 2nd RFE would be for, we were kind of convinced it was for the discrepancy in the name of my fiance (the USC), considering the importance of name checks. The Passport Office made a mistake in putting a "Jr" on his passport, which shouldn't be. As it turned out, we werent' RFE'd for that.

Gen

Received RFE today...

Requested info:

-Last Meeting (more primary evidence...)

=> I'm gonna send copies of my passport pages

-IMBRA Supplement

=> I'm gonna complete it, sign it, and send it

The end.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

In question #2 of part B of I-129F, my fiance missed to include my province name which is equivalent to state in the US. My address should be ___________, Cebu, Philippines but he forgot to include Cebu. The good thing I guess is that the entry in question # 15, Fiancee's address abroad is correct and complete so as with the one in my G-325A forms. We are like sad because we double checked and triple checked everything when he was here but never noticed it... We provide many primary and secondary evidences to establish that we met within 2 years prior to filing just to avoid RFE but now I am not sure already if we can't have one....

Is the missing part of my address is one of the reasons to get an RFE? or what are the other consequences that we will get?

Please help me :help::help: ...I am a little bit bothered/worried with this even I am at work today.... Thank you in advance for the ideas.... :help:

May 2007 - arrived in Texas

June 2007 - our "big day"

November 2007 - 2-yr GC received

December 2009 - 10-yr GC received

Citizenship by next year!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

On the issue of presenting proof that the two have met in the last two years .. I have an idea that might be a bit unusual but should do the trick.

The two people can have a photograph taken while they are holding the days newspaper and the DATE can be clearly seen. That photo should be rock solid proof to the USCIS that the two have met within the last 2 years.

Of course, the Primary evidence is still the very best route to go.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
In question #2 of part B of I-129F, my fiance missed to include my province name which is equivalent to state in the US. My address should be ___________, Cebu, Philippines but he forgot to include Cebu. The good thing I guess is that the entry in question # 15, Fiancee's address abroad is correct and complete so as with the one in my G-325A forms. We are like sad because we double checked and triple checked everything when he was here but never noticed it... We provide many primary and secondary evidences to establish that we met within 2 years prior to filing just to avoid RFE but now I am not sure already if we can't have one....

Is the missing part of my address is one of the reasons to get an RFE? or what are the other consequences that we will get?

Please help me :help::help: ...I am a little bit bothered/worried with this even I am at work today.... Thank you in advance for the ideas.... :help:

I know that you are worried because you left out the province/state name on the I-129F. Obviously it is minor oversight. Its not like you are withholding that information for fraudulent or illegal purposes. So, the worst thing that can happen is that the send you an RFE requesting that the missing information be provided.

It appears very likely that an RFE will be sent, especially if the box was left blank. People who leave any section of their applications blank and do not enter "N/A" always get RFE'S. Unfortunately the USCIS is extremely strict when it comes to blank sections on the applications.

As long as you respond to the RFE right away when you get it , then the delay should not take more than 3 months max.

good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

My RFE was for Beneficiary's Birth Certificate with translation. Sent the evidence in along with the RFE form and my NOA2 arrived 15 days later! :)

Aloha,

Richard

10-20-05 - Fell in love!

06-29-06 - Engaged

07-21-06 - Submitted I129F

08-05-06 - Received NOA1

09-21-06 - Received RFE (Beneficiary's Birth Certificate)

10-14-06 - Sent RFE Evidence

10-27-06 - Received NOA2

11-18-06 - Tokyo Embassy Sent Form Requesting Information & Beneficiary's Birth Certificate (again)

12-15-06 - Tokyo Embassy Conducts Phone Interview with Beneficiary's Mother (??)

12-17-06 - Tokyo Embassy Sends Letter Requesting Beneficiary's Birth Certificate (3rd time!)

12-21-06 - Full NOA2 Packet Received by my Fiancee from Tokyo Embassy

01-21-07 - Fiancee Finishes Interview at U.S. Embassy in Tokyo - SUCCESS! Visa being mailed to her this week!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We didn't have photos of us together and also they lost my copy of my information page from my australian passport so we got a second RFE. All fixed now though just waiting, they got more information than they probably wanted cause I just visited my fiance in the US so included all that information as well.

Hopefully approval soon.

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia

we were asked for "an intention to marry" letter, originally written and made by us...i mailed it to him right away via LBC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

If there is anything negative at all on the police report even if you think it is minor the embassy will want more information.....come to the interview with this information and translations if needed.... I am in this situation right now. Interview was more than a week ago but we still don't have a decision because we don't have this paperwork yet.

Shannon 명철

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I noticed somebody asked a week or so ago if there was a list of all RFEs so people could look out for possible "boo-boos." So here we go!

My RFE reason was;

The forms we downloaded didn't tell us to add evidence of meeting in the past two years or frontal face photographs. Which is weird because we got them directly off the London Embassy site. So we got an RFE for basically the other half of what you're suppost to send origionally. We started the K-1 appliciation before we found this forum so we were kinda just going with the instructions as best as we could. We say if you're just starting the I-129F download it from VJ...they seem to have the right instructions....

Awesome thread idea!

Maybe we can put solutions in here as well? For example, instead of getting your forms and information from the Consulate sites, or VJ, or anywhere else, always check the uscis.gov site for the most up to date version of the form AND instructions, including fee amounts.

This is one that has caught many people out. Forms take years to get changed (literally) but webpages can be updated quickly. Always double check at uscis.gov before sending any payment or form.

K-1 and I-601 Waiver Timeline

4/20/06: K-1 NOA Receipt 4/20/06

12/6/06: CDJ Interview - Denied - I-601 Waiver Required

12/18/06: I-601 Waiver filed

9/12/07: RECEIVED K-1 VISA!

AOS

9/14/07: Entered the United States

9/21/07: Happliy Married!

10/6/07: AOS Packet Mailed to Chicago Lockbox!

10/8/07: Return Receipt stamped received by USCIS

10/19/07: NOA Receipt for AOS & EAD received

10/24/07: Case Online at USCIS.gov

11/3/07: Biometrics Appointment

11/14/07: Appointment Letter received

11/16/07: EAD Production ordered.

11/21/07: AOS Interview - Approved - Hubby is Legal Permanent Resident (Conditional)

11/23/07: Registered Customer's new permanent resident status (Online Case Status)

11/26/07: Production of EAD ordered (Online Case Status)

11/28/07: Received EAD Card!

11/30/07: Received Welcome to the U.S. Letter

12/1/07: Received GREEN CARD!

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I am about to send in my K1 imformation to a local office for the first time. Your pages list a 'cover letter' but when I try to download it I get the message that the file is corrupted and it will not download.

Could you give me some idea as to what a cover letter has in it?

Thanks.

Marc

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Although it didn't ask for it on our forms, we had a RFE for my (the beneficiary) birth certificate. They send a generic form for this where they mark what you must send them, and in my case they also marked FOREIGN DOCUMENT which meant they wanted translations for any documents that are not in English. As I am from an english speaking country this was VERY confusing because they don't say what documents need translating. After having all the paperwork that we used for the application sent to me from America and after realising that everything was in English, we called them and they told us this box was simply marked off incase the birth certificate is in a foreign language.

A complete waste of time and stress so watch out for this!

07/28/2006 CSC received I-129F

08/01/2006 NOA1

09/30/2006 RFE - beneficiary's birth certificate

11/16/2006 RFE sent to CSC

11/28/2006 Touched

12/06/2006 NOA2 via email

12/08/2006 Touched

12/11/2006 NVC send petition to US Consulate in New Zealand!

12/14/2006 Consulate receives petition

12/18/2006 Consulate send Packet 3 to beneifciary

12/20/2006 Beneficiary receives Packet 3

12/20/2006 Packet 3 sent back to Consulate

12/21/2006 Packet 3 received by Consulate

12/21/2006 Medical

01/10/2007 Interview

01/12/2007 Received Visa and Brown Envelope

01/16/2007 Fly to USA

AOS Journey:

03/09/2007 Filed for AOS

03/15/2007 NOA1

03/31/2007 Biometrics Appointment

05/21/2007 Touched

06/06/2007 Touched

06/15/2007 AOS approved and card in production

EAD Journey:

03/09/2007 Filed for EAD

03/15/2007 NOA1

03/31/2007 Biometrics Appointment

05/30/2007 EAD approved and card in production

06/04/2007 EAD received!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
My RFE was for Beneficiary's Birth Certificate with translation. Sent the evidence in along with the RFE form and my NOA2 arrived 15 days later! :)

So I take it it is recommended to send in Beneficiary's BC when sending in the I-129F? Can it be a copy of the BC with translation or do they ask for orginals?

I know that you are worried because you left out the province/state name on the I-129F. Obviously it is minor oversight. Its not like you are withholding that information for fraudulent or illegal purposes. So, the worst thing that can happen is that the send you an RFE requesting that the missing information be provided.

It appears very likely that an RFE will be sent, especially if the box was left blank. People who leave any section of their applications blank and do not enter "N/A" always get RFE'S. Unfortunately the USCIS is extremely strict when it comes to blank sections on the applications.

As long as you respond to the RFE right away when you get it , then the delay should not take more than 3 months max.

good luck

So on the G-325A I should file in every last blank with either none or n/a? Hence no former wives I put none and then when it asks for family name, birthdate (of this possible wife) I put n/a? Just want to double check as I will be sending this to my fiance to fill out, sign and send to me asap. Thanks!

03/16/03: Met the love of my life

01/24/06: Officially began our relationship

11/01/06: He proposed marriage :)

02/17/07: I-129F Sent to NSC

02/23/07: I-129F NOA1

02/28/07: I-129F NOA2 (found out while checking on-line)

03/02/07: Received hard copy NOA1

03/08/07: Received hard copy NOA2

03/13/07: NVC sent packet to La Habana

03/27/07: Telegram "sent" to fiance to pick up packet 3... never received

04/02/07: I contacted the "embassy" to find out status of case and set up pick up date

04/04/07: Fiance picked up packet 3

04/05/07: I called toll-free # here to set up appointment for my fiancé

05/10/07: Interview scheduled for 7:30AM... Visa Approved!!!!!!!!

05/14/07: Picks up passport/visa and brown sealed envelope

05/15/07: Paperwork for the carta blanca turned in

05/24/07: Carta Blanca received and bought plane ticket

06/04/07: Entry into the US... together again!!!!!!!

08/07/07: MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline

After reading that some of you are receieving RFE's for your beneficiary's birth-certificate im worried that I will now receive one since I didn't submit my beneficiary's BC. Crossing my fingers that I don't. :unsure:

Palestine the world's largest open air prison

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.