AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi, we got our RFE on the mail yesterday (took 7 days) but I'm confused.

They sent a letter that doesn't really list anything, it just shows information that seems generic, about time limits to send the response and something about foreign documents being translated. And asides from that they sent us back a form that my fiance forgot to sign with the signature portion highlighted.

Does that mean he just has to sign the same form and send it? And is the translated document thing sent to everyone? Just got worried cuz we sent some receipts in spanish and didn't translate because we figured receipts weren't worth translating (some hotel and bus receipts)

Getting paranoid with this, after it took so long, haha.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Ifl,

According to previous posts, another person with your exact same RFE called the UCSIS and confirmed that the translation part of the RFE is automatically sent on each document you will not have to send a translation of your receipts. Translations are only required for divorce decrees, birth certificates, and other important records.

As I said others have had the same RFE, the form just needs to be signed and resent along with the proper response page.

Easy!

If you could once you get your NOA2 after sending in your RFE update your timeline with everything so that I can eventually add it to my growing Excel sheet! Thanks!!!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Ifl,

According to previous posts, another person with your exact same RFE called the UCSIS and confirmed that the translation part of the RFE is automatically sent on each document you will not have to send a translation of your receipts. Translations are only required for divorce decrees, birth certificates, and other important records.

As I said others have had the same RFE, the form just needs to be signed and resent along with the proper response page.

Easy!

If you could once you get your NOA2 after sending in your RFE update your timeline with everything so that I can eventually add it to my growing Excel sheet! Thanks!!!

Thanks a lot :) Guess now I can stop worrying, I'll update once we get our NOA2, hopefully aproved.

Filed: Timeline

Hi I'm new, but been reading all the comments on this thread regarding RFE. So I submitted the application, check, and the evidence regarding the relationship which includes airplane tickets, hotel bills, train tickets, 100 pictures dated and time stamped, engagement party pictures, passport photos for both my fiancee and I, intent to marry letter from both, etc. all taken this year. Basically it was a huge 5lb packet which we placed the application and check for USCIS. I had it sent to Dallas directly, then they forwarded it to CSC, cashed the check and all.

So now I got an RFE stating that they need additional evidence of relationship for the last 2 years with "Last Personal Meeting". The lawyer prepared it all for me to submit and we double checked, had table of contents for each exhibit, very professionally done, and confused as to why they need more. Called USCIS earlier and they told me to resubmit thinking it got lost in the mail, so I got pissed off at them because that took a lot of work to do. The customer service rep was useless and wouldn't discuss my case over the phone, but referred me to the INFOPASS.

I have couple of options: I could resubmit the evidence of relationship package, which will take some time, or I could march to the Dallas field office where I sent it to and barge in and ask where my freaking package is at and see what happened to it. Since none of them seem to want to give me a straight answer. Highly discouraging and frustrated at the incompetence at the moment and losing my mind over it.

What do you think I should do? Will making an appt. via Infopass help? I have till January 2016 to reply to my RFE, and it took 5 weeks for them to send me RFE.

Thanks all!.

Timeline

Syndreamer,

From my research into the thread and what I have transferred into an excel sheet so far there have been a total of 22 RFE's that are probably for lost documents since 2006. There could be more since I haven't transferred the whole thread over, but from what I can tell in the history of the thread it is best to just resubmit the documents.

I know it took you a long time to get all of that information together and it really is a huge shame that it seems they may have lost the documents, but from what I can tell an Infopass appointment would not do anything. (this is just a guess from the responses I have been categorizing so far).

I have not filed yet so I can't speak from personal experience regarding RFE's but that data I have collected from the thread so far is this is unfortunately a somewhat common occurrence and even though it would take a lot of extra time, I would recommend resubmitting your evidence with a new table of contents. Nich-Nick also recommends to highlight important dates and info within your documents with Red writing to really draw the attention to it.

As a final note, from what you have written so far there is a LOT of what is referred to as Secondary Evidence provided. Their RFE seems to be specific to the last time you met in the past two years. They could just be asking for more Primary evidence which is Boarding Passes and the BEST primary evidence are Passport Entry Stamps. Review your packet and make sure to include copies of the Passport Entry stamps making sure to write in the margins the dates that are stamped on them since copies sometimes muddle the dates.

Hope this helps. Feel free to PM me if you need more help or clarification.

Edit:Typing Corrections

Edited by Kat&Jon

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

What's taking you so long Kat&Jon? ...j/k good job! seems like you've really got the compilation going

Syndreamer,

From my research into the thread and what I have transferred into an excel sheet so far there have been a total of 22 RFE's that are probably for lost documents since 2006. There could be more since I haven't transferred the whole thread over, but from what I can tell in the history of the thread it is best to just resubmit the documents.

I know it took you a long time to get all of that information together and it really is a huge shame that it seems they may have lost the documents, but from what I can tell an Infopass appointment would not do anything. (this is just a guess from the responses I have been categorizing so far).

I have not filed yet so I can't speak from personal experience regarding RFE's but that data I have collected from the thread so far is this is unfortunately a somewhat common occurrence and even though it would take a lot of extra time, I would recommend resubmitting your evidence with a new table of contents. Nich-Nick also recommends to highlight important dates and info within your documents with Red writing to really draw the attention to it.

As a final note, from what you have written so far there is a LOT of what is referred to as Secondary Evidence provided. Their RFE seems to be specific to the last time you met in the past two years. They could just be asking for more Primary evidence which is Boarding Passes and the BEST primary evidence are Passport Entry Stamps. Review your packet and make sure to include copies of the Passport Entry stamps making sure to write in the margins the dates that are stamped on them since copies sometimes muddle the dates.

Hope this helps. Feel free to PM me if you need more help or clarification.

Edit:Typing Corrections

Edited by heo luoi

Timeline

What's taking you so long Kat&Jon? ...j/k good job! seems like you've really got the compilation going

All done, just had to make sure it was moderator approved! Please see the new post here with all the information compiled into one place!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/573657-new-k-1-rfe-master-list/?p=7877543

Hope this helps!!!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.