AFQuaid

The RFE Master List

1,868 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Another tip: don't try to send in faxed copies of pages needing original signatures!

We thought we'd save time by doing that instead of waiting for the Bio form to come back snail mail and it actually slowed us down a couple weeks. Not an actual RFE, but they sent the whole thing back to be corrected. So no faxes or photocopies on signature pages!

Timeline:

11-15-2005: Sent in I-129F to VSC

11-21-2005: NOA1

11-29-2005: NOA2

12-05-2005: NVC recieved

12-17-2005: Packet 3 received from Dublin

1-11-2006: Sent packet 3 forms, etc. to Dublin

2-03-2006: Interview Date :)APPROVED!!!

2-05-2006: Flying to Logan Airport

2-11-2006: Wedding Date

3-14-2006: Filed AOS and EAD

3-22-2006: NOA1 (AOS and EAD)

4-07-2006: Biometrics

6-07-2006: EAD approved!!

7-24-2006: AOS Interview APPROVED!!!

7-27-2006: Received Welcome to America letter

8-03-2006: Green Card Received :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
:thumbs: Always make sure you copy both sides of the document ................. :whistle:

Mailed I-175 .........6-23-09

Rec.NOA I-175C ..... 7-7-09

Rec. I-175 NOA .......7-24-09 Biometrics

Biometrics appt. ......8-13-09 a.m.

Permant Resident Letter 11-04-09

10 year Green card ....... 11-13-09

Sending N-400 May 23 2010

Sent N-400 9-24-2010

10-04-2010 text message saying N-400 was accepted

Biometrics .............. 11-16-2010

Interview ...................01-14-2010

Interview passed ...................

Oath Ceremony ....................MARCH 2, 2011

Mother In Law

UPS'D I-130 ................................ 4-21-2011

Text stating received .................. 4-26-2011

I130 approved .............................. 7-11-2011

AOS Processing Fee ................. 7-18-2011

Choice of agent Paperwork ...... 7-18-2011

The wait 11-23-2011

Medical 2-16-2012

Visa Interview 3-06-2012

Arrived at O Hare 5-14-2012

Oh no. I sent only the "short form" of my birth certificate. Our state does have a long form option but it takes 6 weeks to obtain. And I didn't send copies of my passport pages.

Is it possible to make an addendum to an I-129F that's waiting for review. I already received NOA1 with case number. I wonder if I can "pre-empt" the RFE by sending my passport copies?

Thanks,

3AD

You will more then likely get an RFE. Just wait for it before sending anything in.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Tips

* Look at evidence of having met within the required 2 year period from the view of a third person. In other words 'I know it to be fact but will the adjudicator know from the evidence I have submitted'. Concentrate on providing strong overall evidence to support the fact, as opposed to an abundance of relationship evidence. Distinguish between the two.

* No gaps or overlaps on timeframes for residences and employment questions for past x amount of years on the G-325A

eg

October 2005 to Present

December 2004 to October 2005

March 2004 to December 2004

June 2003 to March 2004

and so on...

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

* No gaps or overlaps on timeframes for residences and employment questions for past x amount of years on the G-325A

So if there is a period of unemployment for either the Citizen, or the spouse, or an overlap of employment for either the Citizen or a spouse, how do you handle that?

So if there is a period of unemployment for either the Citizen, or the spouse, or an overlap of employment for either the Citizen or a spouse, how do you handle that?

As per the G-325A form 'Applicants employment last five years (if NONE, so state)

One would put NONE 'UNEMPLOYED' within that timeframe just as one would if they were employed.

An overlap of employment dates in which respect?? A full time and a casual job??

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

don't send a postdated check. I heard it was okay if the check were postdated no more than five days ahead, but not true..they did not accept it...they returned the package and asked for a properly dated check...no big deal, just a week's delay.

Shannon 명철

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

As per the G-325A form 'Applicants employment last five years (if NONE, so state)

One would put NONE 'UNEMPLOYED' within that timeframe just as one would if they were employed.

An overlap of employment dates in which respect?? A full time and a casual job??

Oh man, we are so going to confuse people with our display names :D

The overlap is pretty much just that. Specfically, one summer I worked full time as a housekeeper at a hotel while working weekends at an office supply store. Brian's currently working two jobs and has had similar situations in the past. Such is the life of former college students, really :D

08/15/2007 - K-1 Visa approved
09/01/2007 - Moved to Ohio

11/24/2007 - Married!
03/31/2008 - Received Green Card
05/03/2010 - Conditions removed

Finally applying for citizenship!

01/19/2016 - Filed N-400
01/25/2016 - NOA
02/17/2016 - Biometrics appointment
02/26/2016 - Receieved interview letter
04/01/2016 - Naturalization interview

Oh man, we are so going to confuse people with our display names :D

The overlap is pretty much just that. Specfically, one summer I worked full time as a housekeeper at a hotel while working weekends at an office supply store. Brian's currently working two jobs and has had similar situations in the past. Such is the life of former college students, really :D

If that was me I would put the main job and then perhaps a reference to an attachment and on the attachment put the second part time job.

Its just that there has been RFE's for overlaps and gaps in timeframes, so IMO best to include an attachment as opposed to overlapping on the form.

Perhaps someone else has a better solution.

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

My 'tip' is concerning final divorce papers and may be just for UK couples as I am not sure what the documents look like other countries....but in the UK the 'Decree Absolute' is not very impressive and the document title is in small words at the bottom of the page!!! We were RFE'd because they said we didn't send it, and we did....so when we sent it for the 2nd time, we highlighted the words 'Decree Absolute' on the photocopy and were approved 2 weeks later!

I really don't think they knew what the document was....hope this helps (F)

Jen

Edited by ladybird216

Removing of Conditions Timeline

05/29/2007 - Sent package to NSC

05/31/2007 - Package received by NSC

06/01/2007 - Date on NOA (1 day after they received our package!)

06/11/2007 - NOA and Biometrics notice received via snail-mail

06/21/2007 - Biometrics taken

04/03/2008 - Transferred to CSC

05/14/2008 - Approved (notified via email)

05/21/2008 - Card received

We got a RFE because my fiance didn't send in enough proof of our meeting - he had to send in more evidence! It's not enough just to fill out the form and say 'we met on X date' - you have to provide photos too :) And then he got another RFE because they needed more financial information from him. Combined the two held us up for three months which seemed like an eternity but wasn't really a big deal.

Can I ask, when was it they wanted financial information? It just scared me because I dont' remember a section where they asked anything about finances on the 129F or 325...was this later on when it came to showing support?

Thanks!

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

11/14/2006 AOS packet made it to 'the box' after being overnighted.

12/02/2006 Paul had biometrics

12/14/2006 AOS Forwarded to CSC AND AP Application approved.

01/17/2007 First touch of 2007 at CSC

01/20/2007 Touched AGAIN (also the 18th) come on...

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

03/09/2007 Paul's greencard arrives. And breathe...

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

See PCRADDY for our official timeline.

We got a RFE because my fiance didn't send in enough proof of our meeting - he had to send in more evidence! It's not enough just to fill out the form and say 'we met on X date' - you have to provide photos too :) And then he got another RFE because they needed more financial information from him. Combined the two held us up for three months which seemed like an eternity but wasn't really a big deal.

Can I ask, when was it they wanted financial information? It just scared me because I dont' remember a section where they asked anything about finances on the 129F or 325...was this later on when it came to showing support?

Thanks!

Financial information is required at the consulate stage. It is not required for the I-129F petition submittal.

miss_me_yet.jpg

Ah, thanks Kaydee...I got worried there that a. I missed something or B. they would question my financial status because I had to put unemployed down for my present employment history- I was living in England for six months with my fiance so I wasn't working. Job hunting now and we'll be fine by that stage, but I thought - great, denied from the get-go! Thanks again! :dance:

And so he did what countless punk-rock songs had told him to do so many times before: he lived his life

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

February: Oops, RFE for a REGISTERED marriage certificate. Oops! Overnighted it.

02/28/2007 Paul gets email letting us know his GREENCARD is on it's way! It's done...for now!

We began with mailing the I-129 in on February 27, 2006 so the whole process took us approx. one year.

Good luck out there!

My fiance and I have just started the process, but if it's any help to anyone in Michigan - save yourself some time and worry over copying the birth certificate and go to your County Clerk's Office. For $20 and a 5 minute wait I got THREE certified (as in 'real' certs) copies of my birth certificate. I sent one with the 129F, have one to mail my fiance to take to the interview in case he needs it and I still have one on file. Best $20 I've ever spent. Don't know if that's helpful, but I thought I should at least try to help after how helpful all of you have been for us! :)

10/07/2006 WEDDING DAY!

Good luck out there!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.