Peachesjae

Denied tourist visa, now on cr1 will they still deny me?

14 posts in this topic

I am pissing my pants right now and since i seem to have developed a phobia of the embassy, i just wanted to ask you a question.

I am married with a daughter, a USC by virtue of a CRBA. After her CRBA was approved we decided to try to apply for a US visa to visit my inlaws since my father in law had a heart bypass. We had all documentation including properties here in the philippines, a business and a fat ITR and bank account for me. Yet they still denied me saying I did not present enough proof of ties to the Philippines.

Early this year we opted to apply for a Spouse visa because it seems now its our only option. I now have my interview date in a month and I am wondering if having been denied a tourist visa before be considered a redflag?

Help! i really need my peace of mind!

A previous denial of a tourist visa will have no affect on your spousal visa. A spousal visa comes with immigrant intent, so they know that you are planning on immigrating to the US. On a tourist visa they want proof that you are going back home, on a spousal visa they know that you are not.

I am pissing my pants right now and since i seem to have developed a phobia of the embassy, i just wanted to ask you a question.

I am married with a daughter, a USC by virtue of a CRBA. After her CRBA was approved we decided to try to apply for a US visa to visit my inlaws since my father in law had a heart bypass. We had all documentation including properties here in the philippines, a business and a fat ITR and bank account for me. Yet they still denied me saying I did not present enough proof of ties to the Philippines.

Early this year we opted to apply for a Spouse visa because it seems now its our only option. I now have my interview date in a month and I am wondering if having been denied a tourist visa before be considered a redflag?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

The short answer is... no.

The long answer is.. no.

:)

Good luck!

4533828f9f.png

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, no one can ever tear them apart.

USCIS: NVC:

6/21/2013 -Married in Stockholm, Sweden 4/16/2014- Case received at NVC

9/6/2013 -Priority Date 5/13 /2014- Case number and IIN assigned

2/25/2014 -Transferred to NSC 5/20/2014- DS-261 completed

3/31/2014 -Approved 5/21/2014- AOS fee invoiced and paid

5/22/2014- AOS package overnighted to NVC

5/28/2014- AOS scanned into the system

6/20/2014- IV invoice email (but fee still locked on CEAC )

6/23/2014- IV fee finally unlocked and paid.

IV package overnighted to NVC

6/30/2014- IV scanned in. DS260 completed.

7/1/2014- AOS accepted

7/2/2014- False checklist (AOS reviewed)

8/1/2014 False checklist (attorney's G28 reviewed)

8/2/2014 False checklist (NVC not sure why it was generated)

I am the beneficiary. 8/12/2014 CASE COMPLETE!

8/26/2014 Medical

9/2/2014 Interview... APPROVED!!!

9/5/2014 Visa in hand

Removal Of Conditions:

10/29- Package sent to VSC

11/1 - NOA1

11/17- Received biometrics appointment letter

11/30- Biometrics appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Okay first stop pissing your pants you are fine. About all of us have our love ones apply. And those of us at hard to get Visa countries its expected to get denied (really shows you want to be with your husband don't you think).

So clean up, calm down your interview is coming fast. All the best. ;)

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

No issues.

When you applied for a B-visa the CO believed that you have immigrant intent.

Now you are interviewing for a CR1 (immigrant visa) you should have immigrant intent. :P

Good luck!

A previous denial of a tourist visa will have no affect on your spousal visa. A spousal visa comes with immigrant intent, so they know that you are planning on immigrating to the US. On a tourist visa they want proof that you are going back home, on a spousal visa they know that you are not.

Thanks taht makes sense.... I am just a lil paranoid :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Like said, one does not reflect on the other. Being denied a tourist visa is extremely common... and means little later. You will be fine.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

duplicate topics merged

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

My wife was denied a tourist visa too. That is why we decided we would just get married and have it over with. Now look at us. Married with 6th year anniversary in January, been in USA since 2009, a beautiful 3 year old son, she is in the U.S. military and a U.S. Citizen now too. Dont worry.

Edited by Brijo

My wife was denied a B1 visa as well. But 6 months later we submitted her for a fiance visa and she was approved. The CO never even asked about it during the interview. Don't worry it will be fine

My fiance was previously denied a tourist visa AND a workers visa. Had no bearing on her approval of a K-1 visa.

Point being: previous non-immigrant visa denials do not affect immigrant visa attempts.

Unless those previous denials were for specific reasons that would also cause a denial of a immigrant visa. But that would be based on those specific reasons, not the fact there was a denial.

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Denied tourist visa, now on cr1 will they still deny me?

No.

Why?

Adjudication Rules are Different.

Clean yer pants, stop wearing em when you need a sit-down, as you'll be fine at the interview !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Tourist vs Immigrant visa not related at all and no effect to your application.

I was denied for applying a Tourist Visa last December 21 and later applied for K1 on February 2013. I also had the same feeling about getting denied again. But during the interview last August, it never been an issue.

Best advise remove that from your "Thoughts" ain't worth to stress you out. =)

Cheers!

N-400 (Online - Seattle Field Office)

(00days) 2018-10-01 Filed ONLINE - received Payment Confirmation the same day - paid by Credit Card

(04days) 2018-10-05 Received NOA by mail

(05days) 2018-10-06 Received email - Biometrics appointment is scheduled

(09days) 2018-10-10 Check my online account and my Biotmetrics Notification is attached and available

(11days) 2018-10-12 Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed - Walk-in no problem; saved 2 weeks (Original appointment date is Oct. 26)

(436days) 2019-12-11 I am US Citizen now!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.