Eliezer y Wendy

Visiting after NOA1, not within the two years requirement

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I do understand where you are coming, but the Bible does say concerning not just taxes and giving to gov't what is their's, but laws that we are to respect the laws of the land. I am trying to undermine your faith in God as I am a Christian as well, but God does want us to obey the laws of the land.

Edited by CDN(ON)-USA(VT)

N400 - Naturalization                                                                                                        U.S. Passport

Aug 05, 2018 (Day 1): Applied for Naturalization online                                                  Oct 01, 2019 (Day 1): Sent US Passport Application

Aug 06, 2018 (Day 2): Check Cashed, NOA1 received online                                         Oct 08, 2019 (Day 8 ) : Passport trackable 

Aug 11, 2018 (Day 6): Recvd notification that Biometrics appointment scheduled       Oct 17, 2019 (Day 17) : Received Passport

Aug 13, 2018 (Day 8): Received biometrics appt letter online                                        Oct 21, 2019 (Day 21) : Received Naturalization Cert. back

Aug 28, 2018 (Day 23): Biometrics Appt

May 06, 2019 (Day 274): In Line For Interview

Jun 11, 2019 (Day 311): Interview Date

July 01, 2019 (Day 327) : Oath Ceremony I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

FROM K-1 PETITION SENT TO OATH CEREMONY WAS ABOUT 7 YEARS 4 MONTHS

After 8 years of marriage divorced October 4, 2021

TO SEE MY FULL TIMELINE GO HERE: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/125109-cdnon-usavt/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Do you think that this petition would be denied at interview, not now on NOA2?

I think it will be denied at USCIS office, when an adjudicator is reviewing it. Let's just assume that the review will occur 4 to 7 months after filing date.

So, that's 4 to 7 months that you're going to wait, to learn of the denial.

You ask about denied at interview, at a US Embassy IV Unit? The I-129F won't travel that far, sorry. It'll get kicked back to you from USCIS.

----

You have a very clear path to fix your situation. What's the top thing preventing you from fixing this, this weekend?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I understand everything you guys are saying. And all advice seem to be the right thing to do. Believe me I won't be upset if I see a denial notice on Monday or any following day that passes without me requesting to withdraw. Some people I know have faith that the adjudicator would be moved positively just like the ones that were involved in processing that impossible case of citizenship I mentioned above.

I filled on May 8. How much longer do I have to "waist" to find out the decision of the adjudicator. I'm prepared to re-file if denied, and ready to keep moving forward if approved on NOA2 until they force me to re-file. I believe I can star filling up that I-129F form again now, and withdraw the first one when I'm ready and decided to re-file.

If some of you are kind of certain that this case won't pass USCIS and I have the possibility to be adjudicated next week or the following week, I think a couple of weeks wont hurt to waist to see their actual decision. I came back broke from this trip, so it might take me a few weeks to be ready with the filling fee again. So I think it might be smart to just wait to be ready with everything to re-file, before withdrawing the current petition.

I'm glad I found this forum. Everybody is very helpful. I really appreciated everyone's honesty on telling me the truth and how things are in reality.

Thanks again...

Our story on the Herald Tribune Newspapper: http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20101002/ARTICLE/10021035

2/27/2007 - Wendy and I met in Sarasota, FL
6/30/2007 - We moved in
6/11/2010 - Our son Christopher was born
7/??/2010 - Wendy was cited to report in person at Tampa's Immigration Enforcement Office
1/20/2011 - Wendy left to Guatemala. our son stayed with me.

3/25/2013 - I became a U.S. Citizen
5/07/2013 - I-129F sent.
5/10/2013 - NOA1 received
8/22/2013 to 8/29/2013 - Visit for one week. Christopher stayed with mom.
10/24/2013 - RFE
11/25/2013 - NOA2 Approved!

01/31/2014 - INTERVIEW: Officer said everything was good, but gave us a 221g to submit a co-sponsor with form I-864

2/12/2014 - Was told to file Waivers

5/21/2014 - Waivers I-601 and I-212 filed

12/19/2014 - Waivers Approved

01/26/2015 - K1 VISA ON HAND!!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

I do understand where you are coming, but the Bible does say concerning not just taxes and giving to gov't what is their's, but laws that we are to respect the laws of the land. I am trying to undermine your faith in God as I am a Christian as well, but God does want us to obey the laws of the land.

That's very true. God want us to obey the laws. I just keep remembering that Jesus made an exception over the laws when they were about to execute a woman who was found being unfaithful. It was the law in those times, but there was also Jesus wanted to teach us all.

I feel so much better now that I visited. If it doesn't work on this current petition, it will work for the next try. I also have some credit for another flight I'm considering for November. If denied or withdrawn, I'd also have the option to go get married and file the I-130.

Just hoping a denial won't affect a second attempt.

Thanks gain.

Our story on the Herald Tribune Newspapper: http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20101002/ARTICLE/10021035

6/30/2007 - We moved in
7/??/2010 - Wendy was cited to report in person at Tampa's Immigration Enforcement Office

5/07/2013 - I-129F sent.
10/24/2013 - RFE

01/31/2014 - INTERVIEW: Officer said everything was good, but gave us a 221g to submit a co-sponsor with form I-864

event.png

I understand everything you guys are saying. And all advice seem to be the right thing to do. Believe me I won't be upset if I see a denial notice on Monday or any following day that passes without me requesting to withdraw. Some people I know have faith that the adjudicator would be moved positively just like the ones that were involved in processing that impossible case of citizenship I mentioned above.

I filled on May 8. How much longer do I have to "waist" to find out the decision of the adjudicator. I'm prepared to re-file if denied, and ready to keep moving forward if approved on NOA2 until they force me to re-file. I believe I can star filling up that I-129F form again now, and withdraw the first one when I'm ready and decided to re-file.

If some of you are kind of certain that this case won't pass USCIS and I have the possibility to be adjudicated next week or the following week, I think a couple of weeks wont hurt to waist to see their actual decision. I came back broke from this trip, so it might take me a few weeks to be ready with the filling fee again. So I think it might be smart to just wait to be ready with everything to re-file, before withdrawing the current petition.

I'm glad I found this forum. Everybody is very helpful. I really appreciated everyone's honesty on telling me the truth and how things are in reality.

Thanks again...

You won't get a denial. You will get an RFE, asking for proof how you met. And that adds another month or two. Then once they find out that you don't have the proof then they will deny. This all takes several months. In the meantime, you could have withdrawn and refiled in a matter of weeks, then had it approved at the going rate of 1-2 months.

So, the question becomes how soon do you want her here? Follow the advice of others on here if you want her here by the end of the year or early next year.

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

This is how it usually happens with cases like this: You file anyway, knowing you do not meet the requirement of having met in the 2 years prior to filing, then you receive an RFE asking you to provide evidence of having met in person between the dates of exactly a 2 year time span before your NOA receipt date. You cannot respond properly to the RFE because you have no evidence of meeting in those 2 years. You are either denied because you do not respond with what they need for the RFE or you withdraw the petition because you cannot answer the RFE and will be denied. I have seen this same scenario quite a few times over the years I have been here on VJ. They are quite strict about the few requirements for the I-129F petition.

If you want to wait until denied instead of withdrawing, that is your choice. It just means you wait longer to be together and get married.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

I agree. However, since I don't have the filling fe for the re-file right now I'll let this one go as far as it can until I'm ready to re-file. Trust me, I want here and my son here ASAP. I wish it was tomorrow. I actually called and submitted a expedite request just to make sure I try every single resource. While I was there we had the discussion about getting married to withdraw this petition and start fresh with I-130. But the marriage process on Guatemala takes a month or two. Plus the expenses we couldn't afford, plus coming and put together the money to file the I-130. It was just not possible. It's very frustrating. With the financial limitations we have, I have to make sure they eat on Guatemala, while at the same time I save up money for this whole process. I resume work on Monday, but I'm hoping to be working two or even three jobs if possible to be able to support them and get the money I need to re-file or whatever the fees I need from now on.

So, I'm not waiting to be denied, I'm waiting to be able to afford the re-file.

Thanks again.

6/30/2007 - We moved in

5/07/2013 - I-129F sent.
10/24/2013 - RFE

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Undermine faith in The God with some waist?

That's it, i'm out.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Undermine faith in The God with some waist?

That's it, i'm out.

Not quite understand, but I know I have a lot more faith in God now at this stage than what I had at the beginning. My faith have not been turned down with the advices provided. I just recognize that can ask God to do as I want, but ask him to understand his will.

I expect to be approved. That's the main reason why I don't withdraw now.

Thanks again.

6/30/2007 - We moved in

5/07/2013 - I-129F sent.
10/24/2013 - RFE

event.png

Timeline

It is just amazing how after reading the advices here I went to Walmart to print the pictures of my visitation to send them to Texas Service Center. I ran into a friend who asked me about how things were going. Without giving much details, my friend told me he was glad that I already filed. He also told me... and this is the part that pushed my faith even more... he told me: "Put that petition in God's hands. No matter what conditions, difficulties, requirements, problems, or whatever, the case will be processed by God through the immigration department".

6/30/2007 - We moved in

5/07/2013 - I-129F sent.
10/24/2013 - RFE

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Start saving for that second filing that you will have to do.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I agree. However, since I don't have the filling fe for the re-file right now I'll let this one go as far as it can until I'm ready to re-file. Trust me, I want here and my son here ASAP. I wish it was tomorrow. I actually called and submitted a expedite request just to make sure I try every single resource. While I was there we had the discussion about getting married to withdraw this petition and start fresh with I-130. But the marriage process on Guatemala takes a month or two. Plus the expenses we couldn't afford, plus coming and put together the money to file the I-130. It was just not possible. It's very frustrating. With the financial limitations we have, I have to make sure they eat on Guatemala, while at the same time I save up money for this whole process. I resume work on Monday, but I'm hoping to be working two or even three jobs if possible to be able to support them and get the money I need to re-file or whatever the fees I need from now on.

So, I'm not waiting to be denied, I'm waiting to be able to afford the re-file.

Thanks again.

expedite on what grounds? The big question is, why didn't you wait until after the visit to file when you knew about the 2 year requirement? And why go through with this petition if you are low on cash? You are going to waste all the money for pictures, documents, supporting evidence ect. only to 100% be denied. I hope you don't come back after you get the denial and complain about how you threw away all that money, and how awful the immigration system for denying you when you chose to ignore the biggest rule of the K-1

And just a little FYI, God doesn't approve or deny petitions, USCIS does.

Timeline

I won't complain about USCIS petition.

Why didn't I waited until after the visit? Back in May I wasn't sure to be able to come up with the travel expenses while raising our son on my own, but I felt like at least trying. I was also told the main porpoise of the requirements was to prove a real and ongoing relationship.

Again, I took my own risk and I've been aware of it since the beginning. I wont complain or cry for the money if denied. For my family I think I'd be willing to risk money while trying.

Anyway, I'd mention again that impossible case of citizenship that was approved without delays. It could happen to me too.

Thanks again for sharing your opinions. This post will either be of hope for some other families going through a similar struggle, or be another example on how things must go.

6/30/2007 - We moved in

5/07/2013 - I-129F sent.
10/24/2013 - RFE

event.png

Filed: Timeline

People expedite their cases if they have really serious situation.

Anyways, if you're sure that you'll get the approval in the next few days then you can do whatever choice you choose.

BUT, if the approval isn't coming in the next few days then you might wait one or two or three or four months or maybe more for the approval and in my opinion it's a wasting of time.

Btw, the child is the proof that you and her had met but not on the two years requirement. IF they approve your petition and finally she gets the visa then GOD IS SO AMAZING, yes He works in many ways, we just have to have faith and believe.

But as the other commenter said that in the Bible, God wants us to obey the government (and i second this)

So, lets see what will happen if you choose to wait for the NOA2/RFE.

Good luck :)

Edited by ButterflyAngelo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I won't complain about USCIS petition.

Why didn't I waited until after the visit? Back in May I wasn't sure to be able to come up with the travel expenses while raising our son on my own, but I felt like at least trying. I was also told the main porpoise of the requirements was to prove a real and ongoing relationship.

Again, I took my own risk and I've been aware of it since the beginning. I wont complain or cry for the money if denied. For my family I think I'd be willing to risk money while trying.

Anyway, I'd mention again that impossible case of citizenship that was approved without delays. It could happen to me too.

Thanks again for sharing your opinions. This post will either be of hope for some other families going through a similar struggle, or be another example on how things must go.

Well on the plus side took some searching but i so remember this happening with another VJ member. Everyone said no way to her also.

One thing you have on your side is you at least have met. This isn't a "We never meet we want to skip that part". Hopefully you wrote a good enough waiver to state you case.

Good read the last post sums it all up.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433405-omgggg-i-couldnt-believe-our-i-129f-approveedd/page-4?hl=%2Bwaiver+%2Bfor+%2Bnot+%2Bmeeting+%2Bapproved#entry6272037

Edited by dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.