43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJ friends!

May I know if there are cousin couples here who's already done with the K1 visa interview? What happened during the interview and what did they say about your case?

I know that the state where my fiance resides allows first cousin marriage but I am just so anxious right now as I am thinking that they'd still deny us for some reason. Me and my fiance have been with each other for quit a long time now but I don't think that it's a plus because they'd still focus on the fact that we are cousins and they might think that the application is just for immigration purposes only.

I wish someone could enlighten me. Please. Thank you.

event.png

event.png

10/08 - I 129F Packet Sentgood.gif
10/09 - Received by USCIS Dallas Lockbox
10/10 - Check Cashed
10/11 - NOA1 (Email)kicking.gif
10/12 - Case Touched
10/16 - NOA1 (Hard Copy)dancin5hr.gif
04/26 - Case Touched
04/26 - Alien Registration Number changed

04/26 - NOA2 (Email) APPROVED! kicking.gif

05/02 - NOA2 (Hard Copy) dancin5hr.gif

05/17 - MNL Case Number

07/30 - Interview (APPROVED!!!) kicking.gifheart.gifkicking.gif

There is no evidence that cousins have deformed children.

Edited by Kathryn41
removing quote violating TOS

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline

There is no evidence that cousins have deformed children.

TRUE. Thank you.

Seriously? Have you taken a biology class?

The children of first cousins have increase risks for certain diseases. That's a far cry from "deformities." This isn't a horror movie where the kids are cyclops.

My masters in human genetics and 10 years at a biotech qualifies me to address your bigoted and wrong understanding of biology.

I agree, aaron2020. Thank you.

event.png

event.png

10/10 - Check Cashed
10/12 - Case Touched
04/26 - Case Touched

05/17 - MNL Case Number

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If the petitioner's state allows first cousin marriage, then they have every right to apply for a K-1 visa. Your spewing of hatred, bigotry and ignorance of actual science is not welcome here.

Edited by Kathryn41
removal of quote violating TOS

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

If the petitioner's state allows first cousin marriage, then they have every right to apply for a K-1 visa. Your spewing of hatred, bigotry and ignorance of actual science is not welcome here.

Agreed.

If your fiance resides in a state in which first cousin marriages are permitted, you can be granted a K1 visa. However, as indicated by Aaron2020's response above, do the Phillipines allow 1st cousin marriage?

Timeline

Agreed.

If your fiance resides in a state in which first cousin marriages are permitted, you can be granted a K1 visa. However, as indicated by Aaron2020's response above, do the Phillipines allow 1st cousin marriage?

Actually, we are not "first cousins" but rather "first cousins once removed". My fiance is my mother's first cousin.

Here in the Philippines, we are not allowed to marry our "first cousins" because it falls on the 4h civil degree but anything beyond this is allowed. And since we are "first cousins once removed" which falls on the 5th civil degree, that allows us to get married here in the Philippines and also in the states.

event.png

event.png

10/10 - Check Cashed
10/12 - Case Touched
04/26 - Case Touched

05/17 - MNL Case Number

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

One post violating the Terms of Service has been removed and several posts have been edited to remove the quoted TOS violating post:

Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, harass, insult, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users.

and one member thread-banned from further participation in this thread

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Doesn't really matter though because they're hoping to marry in the USA. However obtaining the visa may be harder due to a social stigma. I'm not sure to be honest.

Best of luck to you.

Info for people to understand because I know I don't understand the "removed" bits: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Don't worry. My fiance and I are both cousins and we had no problem in the interview. The CO never even asked him if we're cousins (We both have the same last name). My fiance didn't mention anything since he wasn't asked. Of course if he was asked, he would've said that we're cousins. But since he wasn't, there was no need to mention it. Either way, as long as your state allows it you shouldn't have a problem. Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If the marriage is banned in either place you will not get a visa. SO it has to be allowed both in the state of California and in the beneficaries country.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

I have a friend that "almost" got denied because the interviewer had suspitions there were cousins, in which this case was not true, but they do look alike, so they didnt want to approve the visa just because of that. So in regards to state laws I dont know but I could tell you from their experience.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello VJ friends!

May I know if there are cousin couples here who's already done with the K1 visa interview? What happened during the interview and what did they say about your case?

I know that the state where my fiance resides allows first cousin marriage but I am just so anxious right now as I am thinking that they'd still deny us for some reason. Me and my fiance have been with each other for quit a long time now but I don't think that it's a plus because they'd still focus on the fact that we are cousins and they might think that the application is just for immigration purposes only.

I wish someone could enlighten me. Please. Thank you.

Being your are 2nd cousins, not 1st cousins, it may not be an issue at all with the embassy.

BUT if there is any change it may be an issue within the Philippines it could cause problems at CFO and you need the CFO sticker to leave the country. As long as you are certain its not an issue in the Phils then you should be fine.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.