Michael85.asl

HELP! I just found I am in need of a Visa and we are stuck!

37 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

First off I am sorry if this is in the wrong topic, we are in an absolute panic and are both sick right now.....please move to proper area

Situation:

I am a USC and my wife is French, I arrived 6 weeks ago. We marry in 2.5 weeks and were planning on applying our I-130 form right after we got the marriage cert in hand and copied and translated into english. We were planning on staying together and my wife work full time and I do the home duties and help with other things I can help the family with. The family ALL thought I was allowed to stay IN france until we return to US since I am not working here or anything, just living and waiting.

In putting together our I-130 packet we stumbled accross some visa info then US in France info and found the tourist visa is only 90 days and I'd have to apply in the US and wait for MONTHS in the US. First off, we are broke....so applying for the i-130 would use every penny we had. Now we are in panic as we find out I will have to go back to the states without my new wife?!?!??!?! In that case waiting for the long-stay french visa would be worth-less (if it takes months of processing time) and i've been warned the French administration side is a nightmare.

HELP! are there ANY options that I don't have to leave France and be apart for my new wife for the entire period waiting for her US visa to process???? Help please, any ideas, tips suggestions. She is literally sick how her and her family missed this giant piece of extremely important info.

Help.........thank you for reading this.

Living in France since 04/04/2013

Married: 06/07/2013

USCIS:

Filed I-130: 08/02/2013 (filed from France)

NOA1: Date accepted: 08/06/2013

NOA2: Date recieved email 11/04/2013

NVC:

Received our file: 11/08/2013

File # and IIN 11/19/2013

expedite granted 11/21/2013

mailed to Embassy 11/21/2013

Embassy:

Received files 11/25/2013 (DHL)

CEAC "ready" 12/04/2013

Received packet from Embassy 12/10/2013

Submitted DS-2001 "ready for interview" 12/10/2013

Interview 12/19/2013 -Approved-

POE 02/02/2014

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Have you read the requirements for Form I-864?

You do realize that you need a Joint Sponsor for your wife's immigration since you are not working, right?

Mistakes were made for your visit to France. Be careful going forward and do your research on the entire immigration process for your wife. The I-130 is only the first form. You will need to meet the requirements if the I-864, DS-230, etc.

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline

thanks for your replies,

yes I have a joint sponcer in the US, my good friend and boss. IN the states I work, in France no I cannot legally. Everything to file the I-130 is clear and everything reguarding that so far has been ok.

the family thought I could stay in France no problem....but it doesn't look like I can

USCIS:

NVC:

Embassy:

CEAC "ready" 12/04/2013

POE 02/02/2014

You can't just stay in France without the proper visa. Unfortunately people make this mistake in the US all the time as well. Don't rely on the family to tell you what is correct. Any solution involves money, unfortunately. That's the name of the game. Could you borrow money from the family that steered you wrong to get the France long-term visa?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Maybe France allows you to adjust status in Country like the US does. You are on the wrong site for French immigration.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

ok well heres the thing if you are broke how will be able to pay for the fees.and im sorry to say this but u might have to leave her for a while because if she does get a tourist visa it wont last forever aqnd if u file for just a regular visa for her to come to the us it might take months and even year or more. so if you want to apply for her and stay in france u might have to keep renewing ur passport and if that isnt allowed in france then u might have to go back to the u.s and apply for her and get a job and wait until everything is all done. and u might wanna look for a job because u gonna need it for ur affidavit of support or alteast have a friend or family member who has good taxs and they want to help u. good luck hope everything goes well

Timeline

thanks again for your replies.

The laws recently just changed here: Before when you marry a french citizen you get a spouse visa and no problem. Now it is different (update the family did not know about)

In the united states I work, so If i must go back i have work no problem (again my same job).

again for the visa fees (i-130) she has full-time work and we have that covered. we have a US joint=sponser already.

USCIS:

NVC:

Embassy:

CEAC "ready" 12/04/2013

POE 02/02/2014

Timeline

we will call the US Embassy and French Embassy both on Tuesday since tomorrow is a French work holiday and let you all know an update...... thanks for taking the time to read this

USCIS:

NVC:

Embassy:

CEAC "ready" 12/04/2013

POE 02/02/2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why would calling the US Consulate be relevant?

If you want to call the French Consulate, do they observe French holidays?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I have been separated from my hubby for 10 months now. I had to come back to the US without him because of my job and he is unable to come to US because of the country's strict visa rules . Everything will be fine.

Like the other poster said...be sure to read EVERYTHING well MANY MANY TIMES before submitting. My own process is now probably delayed about a month because i forgot to read one section of the NVC visa processing where each country's consulate has SPECIFIC ADDITIONAL requirements in addition to the general requirements or the NVC stage of the process.

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

ok well heres the thing if you are broke how will be able to pay for the fees.and im sorry to say this but u might have to leave her for a while because if she does get a tourist visa it wont last forever aqnd if u file for just a regular visa for her to come to the us it might take months and even year or more. so if you want to apply for her and stay in france u might have to keep renewing ur passport and if that isnt allowed in france then u might have to go back to the u.s and apply for her and get a job and wait until everything is all done. and u might wanna look for a job because u gonna need it for ur affidavit of support or alteast have a friend or family member who has good taxs and they want to help u. good luck hope everything goes well

He said he had a job in the US, just not in France. And what exactly is a " regular visa"?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

First off I am sorry if this is in the wrong topic, we are in an absolute panic and are both sick right now.....please move to proper area

Situation:

I am a USC and my wife is French, I arrived 6 weeks ago. We marry in 2.5 weeks and were planning on applying our I-130 form right after we got the marriage cert in hand and copied and translated into english. We were planning on staying together and my wife work full time and I do the home duties and help with other things I can help the family with. The family ALL thought I was allowed to stay IN france until we return to US since I am not working here or anything, just living and waiting.

In putting together our I-130 packet we stumbled accross some visa info then US in France info and found the tourist visa is only 90 days and I'd have to apply in the US and wait for MONTHS in the US. First off, we are broke....so applying for the i-130 would use every penny we had. Now we are in panic as we find out I will have to go back to the states without my new wife?!?!??!?! In that case waiting for the long-stay french visa would be worth-less (if it takes months of processing time) and i've been warned the French administration side is a nightmare.

HELP! are there ANY options that I don't have to leave France and be apart for my new wife for the entire period waiting for her US visa to process???? Help please, any ideas, tips suggestions. She is literally sick how her and her family missed this giant piece of extremely important info.

Help.........thank you for reading this.

Did you know of the other fees to be paid?

AOS Fee = $88

Immigrant Visa Fee = $230

Medical Fee = ?? paid directly to the doctor (in Euros)

New Immigrant Fee = $165

Plane fare = ??

The entire spouse petition will take approximately 6 - 12 months to complete, did you inform your boss about this?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.