jamesekpo

I need advise- me Fiancee is not who i think she is

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please i need help, my fiancée brought me to the US and now after selling everything i have back home to come and start a new life with her, she changed, we already got married here in the US, but have not yet filled for the status adjustment, is there an organization I can report this, becos I have nothing to go back to in Nigeria, please somebody, anybody help me with a positive answer

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from K1 Process & Procedures to Effects of Major Family Changes Immigration Benefits.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Please i need help, my fiancée brought me to the US and now after selling everything i have back home to come and start a new life with her, she changed, we already got married here in the US, but have not yet filled for the status adjustment, is there an organization I can report this, becos I have nothing to go back to in Nigeria, please somebody, anybody help me with a positive answer

Unfortunately, there is no guarantee with any relationship. No one forced you to sell everything and come here, so there is really nothing to report, it's just bad luck. I feel very sorry to hear of your situation, but unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about it, it's just life!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is second time you have posted this. You don't have any rights because she changed. You are undergoing culture shock. In what way has she changed? Did she throw you out?

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

How has she changed? What is she doing that is so bad that you think you need to report it? It is not easy to live with anyone. Spending 24 hours a day with someone is much different then a couple of hours on the computer or phone. Maybe instead of looking for someone to report her to you should be talking to her or a marriage counsler and see if you can work it out. If you have nothing back in Nigeria and you are new to the US. Then she is your only family and you should see if there is any way to fix it. Maybe it is hard for her to adjust to some of culture that you have brought with you. Some American women dont adjust well to the man is the head and she needs to obey and respect him because he is a man... I hope you both can work it out and have a happy life dont rush to end it there was a reason you married each other right??? Good luck....

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

no need to post twice. Like I said before, there is nothing to report unless there is abuse. If you are looking for people to give you and answer full of rainbows, unicorns and puppy dogs, it won;t happen, people change. It was the chance you took b moving to a new country to be with someone you were in love with, the same chance all couples here took.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

no need to post twice. Like I said before, there is nothing to report unless there is abuse. If you are looking for people to give you and answer full of rainbows, unicorns and puppy dogs, it won;t happen, people change. It was the chance you took b moving to a new country to be with someone you were in love with, the same chance all couples here took.

Right...if your relationship with any other person back in Nigeria didn't work out, would you report that and to whom? What people are trying to tell you is that, unless there is abuse, there is nothing you can do but either work on your relationship (yes, we all had to do that when we got married) or divorce and go back to Nigeria. Sorry, but life is tough on us all!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Right...if your relationship with any other person back in Nigeria didn't work out, would you report that and to whom? What people are trying to tell you is that, unless there is abuse, there is nothing you can do but either work on your relationship (yes, we all had to do that when we got married) or divorce and go back to Nigeria. Sorry, but life is tough on us all!

:thumbs:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Even if you have sold everything back home, Nigeria is still where your family is at, and they will help you back on your feet like family does in Nigeria. Here you have a wife that you don't get along with in a country of strangers. Contact the Nigerian embassy and go back to Nigeria. This is not a good time for someone with no support system to stay.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Even if you have sold everything back home, Nigeria is still where your family is at, and they will help you back on your feet like family does in Nigeria. Here you have a wife that you don't get along with in a country of strangers. Contact the Nigerian embassy and go back to Nigeria. This is not a good time for someone with no support system to stay.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Seriously OP. You came here to be with your wife. She doesn't want you anymore - why stay? Unless your greater goal was to get to the US all along (my suspicion). If that's the case, looks like you're S-O-L. You cannot adjust status to stay without your wife. Time to go home.

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Return flight to Nigeria.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.