FherJess

Consulate: do they already know they'll approve or not?

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

It will not hurt to add in some relationship evidence with the petition. Then, bring more with you to the interview in case they ask for it. I do not think they totally make up their minds each and every time from looking through your file, but I think they get a good idea, and then they ask you some questions at the interview that makes up their minds one way or the other. We personally did a little front loading on our petition so the evidence would be there in the file already for the CO to see before the interview. No need to go crazy with front loading for Juarez, but a little is not a bad idea at all.

Thanks for your insight! I'm thinking this is what I'll do.

Add some of our Facebook messages, whatsapp chats, and 2 pics of us (I created another post stating that we only have 6 TOTAL PICS of us together).....I'm hoping this will give them a glimpse into our relationship.

Then, I'll send my fiancé more proof along with the remaining pics of us for the interview.

Thanks again! ?

Filed: Timeline

The only real "issue" or red flag that I can honestly speak of is our age gap, specifically he is 22 years younger than I am. Oh, yes and the other "issue" as you mention, Algeria. The age is not an issue for us and we have all our ducks in a row. As for front loading, well lets see, I plan on attending the interview with him, (yes I have a tourist visa for myself to Algeria), both of our families are well aware of our relationship and our OK with it. I have never had children but am healthy and can still give him a family. He is covered with International health insurance that we purchased ourselves, he already has several job opportunities lined up with certified letters from the potential employers. I live alone in a mortgage free home and have as required a sufficient affidavit of support, and even though I do not need a co-sponsor I have prepared one just in case and will have it with us at the interview. 5 hours a day of communication for 365 days plus two visits in person if this is not proof of an ongoing relationship there is no proof. We spend more time together than a married couple of 10 years under the same roof. And yes, he speaks excellent English (his 3rd language), although my Arabic leaves little to be desired, I am trying. Pictures and plans and hopes and dreams, just like all people in love. Phone logs, chat logs, texts, Skype and email. Am I missing anything here? Please tell me if I am missing something here because we are almost there and I pray we don't have to go through this again, as I know everyone here is praying for the same thing.

Woman close to twice the age of the male, near the end of her childbearing years is the one obstacle you will have to overcome. The rest looks wonderful.

It is my opinion that when the applicant steps to the window is not the first time for the CO to see the file.

I also believe that decisions are made, at least in Nigeria, ahead of the interview. Nothing about the process is fair and sensible. If it is then both beneficiary and petitioner should be made to come to the embassy and plug into a lie detector.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I read somewhere on the forum (can't remember who said it) but it got me thinking.

This member made an opinion stating that once the interviewer at the Consulate first sees your petition (before the interview, before speaking to you) that they've pretty much already made up their mind as to whether to approve or not approve the K1 visa.

How many believe this to be true?

It got me thinking....that if there is truth to this, perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad idea to include more than is requested in the initial filing of the I129F petition.

I suppose as a way to show them (@consulate) that it is indeed a true relationship.

It wouldn't necessarily be front loading or be overwhelming but more like adding of proof of talking, Skype, etc.

I realize that it's not needed to file the petition but I also don't think it could hurt, right?

I'm just trying to figure out the best thing to do but I don't want to confuse or overwhelm the ones who are to approve the PETITION.

Thoughts? :)

No question it is true. How would they make a decision in 1-2 minutes?

In our case we were called to the window and TOLD the visa was approved, there were NO questions asked. How is anything else possible?

They have usually decided that they will approve or not and maybe have one or two questions to confirm their decision. Anyone that thinks a 2-3 minute interview where 2-3 questions are asked could be anything other than a confirmation of a decision already made...is dreaming.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I don't know if is this true but It make some sense to me. My k1 interview was at Caracas Venezuela. I went with my fiance. They kept us waiting for hours until they called me and asked me for my documents. This lady didn't ask me any question. She told me to go back and have a sit and like an hour later, another lady called the both if us. She asked my now husband, maybe 4 or 5 questions maybe? And WITHOUT asking to see nor a single photo she said "your visa have been approved". I was very happy but I was wondering why they never made me a real interview. 4 or 5 questions to the USC petitioner is not an interview for me and she never request any kind of evidence. I remember when we started our process like 2 years ago, I read a topic about that while you are waiting to be interview, there's a bunch of hidden cameras recording and taping you while you are waiting, so if your waiting with your fiance by your side, they can see the "real relationship" ! I DON'T know if it's true but is not senseless after all. My husband and I are very VERY affectionate, is almost digusting hahahahah...and we were like that even during our waiting time during my interview date. So if you see us for less than 20 min it's pretty obvious we are madly in love with each other. So that's one of our theories that explains why we had such an easyyy interview, but now that you mentioned it, it makes sense...but in the end is all just theories

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I read somewhere on the forum (can't remember who said it) but it got me thinking.

This member made an opinion stating that once the interviewer at the Consulate first sees your petition (before the interview, before speaking to you) that they've pretty much already made up their mind as to whether to approve or not approve the K1 visa.

It got me thinking....that if there is truth to this, perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad idea to include more than is requested in the initial filing of the I129F petition.

I suppose as a way to show them (@consulate) that it is indeed a true relationship.

It wouldn't necessarily be front loading or be overwhelming but more like adding of proof of talking, Skype, etc.

I realize that it's not needed to file the petition but I also don't think it could hurt, right?

I'm just trying to figure out the best thing to do but I don't want to confuse or overwhelm the ones who are to approve the PETITION.

I agree to an extent... I sent zero photos with my K1 application, except the required passport photos of both of us. He was asked 8 questions by the CO. She did not ask to see any additional photos or proof of relationship evidence and we got approved. I think it depends on the information contained in your file, but also how your fiance answers the questions that are asked. Everyone's case is different.

Edited by islandgal

K1
VSC NOA1 --- March 8, 2012
NOA2 --- October 11, 2012
Visa Approved --- December 17, 2012
POE --- December 22, 2012

AOS
AOS/EAD/AP NOA1 --- March 4, 2013
Biometrics --- April 3, 2013

EAD/AP received --- May 16, 2013

AOS Interview --- August 9, 2013

GC in production --- August 9, 2013

GC received --- August 17, 2013

N400

Approved May, 2018

Oath May, 2018

I130 - Nebraska SC

NOA1 - August 30, 2018

Case approved - August 28, 2019

NVC -

Interview -

I am the USC who brought my fiancé here on a K1,  who's now a USC and is now filing for his mother - whose case just got approved :)

It is my opinion that when the applicant steps to the window is not the first time for the CO to see the file.

I also believe that decisions are made, at least in Nigeria, ahead of the interview. Nothing about the process is fair and sensible. If it is then both beneficiary and petitioner should be made to come to the embassy and plug into a lie detector.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I agree absolutely. How unfair a denial decision would be if they made up their minds even before the visa applicant steps to the window. But then, the COs have the authority and it's unfortunate they choose to exercise that power in such unfair manner. Smh..so it behooves the visa applicant to dot their i's & cross their t's hoping for a fair favorable decision.

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I don't know if is this true but It make some sense to me. My k1 interview was at Caracas Venezuela. I went with my fiance. They kept us waiting for hours until they called me and asked me for my documents. This lady didn't ask me any question. She told me to go back and have a sit and like an hour later, another lady called the both if us. She asked my now husband, maybe 4 or 5 questions maybe? And WITHOUT asking to see nor a single photo she said "your visa have been approved". I was very happy but I was wondering why they never made me a real interview. 4 or 5 questions to the USC petitioner is not an interview for me and she never request any kind of evidence. I remember when we started our process like 2 years ago, I read a topic about that while you are waiting to be interview, there's a bunch of hidden cameras recording and taping you while you are waiting, so if your waiting with your fiance by your side, they can see the "real relationship" ! I DON'T know if it's true but is not senseless after all. My husband and I are very VERY affectionate, is almost digusting hahahahah...and we were like that even during our waiting time during my interview date. So if you see us for less than 20 min it's pretty obvious we are madly in love with each other. So that's one of our theories that explains why we had such an easyyy interview, but now that you mentioned it, it makes sense...but in the end is all just theories

This too is my theory and why I will attend the interview with him. Anyone who spends five minutes or more in our presence would have to be blind if they could not see how truly madly deeply in love we are, and even then they would have to be deaf and numb as well. It's completely obvious to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention. I will take everything we need for proof but our feelings are out there for the world to see, and how blessed we are to have found this in each other when some people spend their whole life and can't find it. So what if there is 5000 miles between us and a vast ocean, it's still closer than NEVER. I wish nothing but goodness and happiness for everyone in this predicament and I believe it will come to us all, with patience persistence and time.

May God bless and keep you always~ May your wishes all come true~ May you always do for others~ And let others do for you~

May you build a ladder to the stars~ And climb on every rung~May you stay forever young

Bob Dylan

I think for my wife's interview in Moscow his mind was pretty well made up. He was smiling from the very beginning and only asked one question. Is it possible that others have looked at these applications back in the states and offered an opinion beforehand and the interview is just the last step ? A visual onceover.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I have actually created a thread on exactly this very same topic.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/414024-is-a-visa-decision-already-made-even-before-the-interview/

If this is indeed true then the interview almost seems like a farce if the decision has already been made. Hopefully this is not the case all the time.

Cheers.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I think it is true.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have researched the visa process and I have found that USCIS will add notes to your petition

These notes tell the CO what issues to question you on.

If they find questionable evidence or odd things (red flags)about your petition then the CO will grill or question you about these issues

The 22 year age gap will be an issue. They cannot deny on age gap alone but they will try and find one other little thing to make the denial possible. Such as, if he was communicating with any other females in the begining of your relationship. If he still communicates with other friends. If he has been looking on the internet for americans to have relationships with. Many many things

Also there are some countries that have a clause (marriage) that say if she is 20 years older then him, they cannot marry. And if the marriage is not allowed in his home country then the fiance visa willnot be approved. I do not know what Algeria laws are

Good Luck

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Most investigators after a review of materials and prior to an interview form some sort of an opinion good, bad or otherwise. It is incumbent upon you to be prepared to make a good impression, look professional and know your material and be able to present it if requested. Having been in this process for awhile now myself and others can attest to this. Be prepared get a good nights sleep, arrive early and smile.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.