FherJess

Consulate: do they already know they'll approve or not?

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

So for those that get approved with very little (or no) secondary evidence submitted with the I-129F petition, how is that possible?

Especially if they get asked simple basic questions at the Consulate interview & are NOT asked to see lots of other proof?

Filed: Timeline

So for those that get approved with very little (or no) secondary evidence submitted with the I-129F petition, how is that possible?

Especially if they get asked simple basic questions at the Consulate interview & are NOT asked to see lots of other proof?

They have the information on the I-129F and the background check on the petitioner. Getting the petition is almost automatic, unless something comes up as a red flag. For the beneficiary, she or he, will submit the application, and all the required documents to the embassy, to a pre-screeener, before the CO conducts the interview. By the time the interview happens, the CO will have almost all the information he or she needs to make a decision.

Edited by The Patriot

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

They have the information on the I-129F and the background check on the petitioner. Getting the petition is almost automatic, unless something comes up as a red flag. For the beneficiary, she or he, will submit the application, and all the required documents to the embassy, to a pre-screeener, before the CO conducts the interview. By the time the interview happens, the CO will have almost all the information he or she needs to make a decision.

But what I'm wanting to know is for those cases where the petioner only submits say 1 foto and no other proof....then during the interview only asks the basics like: name, how did u meet etc.

How is it that those cases get approved?

(Note: I'm not stating that this happens often, just curious as I've read some members have gotten approved in this manner)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

But what I'm wanting to know is for those cases where the petioner only submits say 1 foto and no other proof....then during the interview only asks the basics like: name, how did u meet etc.

How is it that those cases get approved?

(Note: I'm not stating that this happens often, just curious as I've read some members have gotten approved in this manner)

All I was asked was for a photo of us together.

We did not front load.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I have actually created a thread on exactly this very same topic.

http://www.visajourn...-the-interview/

If this is indeed true then the interview almost seems like a farce if the decision has already been made. Hopefully this is not the case all the time.

Cheers.

A farce indeed, I can't think of a better word. I too hope this is not he case all the time.

May God bless and keep you always~ May your wishes all come true~ May you always do for others~ And let others do for you~

May you build a ladder to the stars~ And climb on every rung~May you stay forever young

Bob Dylan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Woman close to twice the age of the male, near the end of her childbearing years is the one obstacle you will have to overcome. The rest looks wonderful.

I know this is true but it's a terrible double standard. No one would bat an eyelash if he were 22 years older than me. I bet Madonna and Jennifer Lopez wouldn't have to prove their case! Edited by sarsorti

May God bless and keep you always~ May your wishes all come true~ May you always do for others~ And let others do for you~

May you build a ladder to the stars~ And climb on every rung~May you stay forever young

Bob Dylan

Timeline

They are not judging you by US standards.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I have researched the visa process and I have found that USCIS will add notes to your petition

These notes tell the CO what issues to question you on.

During more than 5 active years on VisaJourney, and in exhaustive discussions with multiple immigration attorneys and perusal of dozens more immigration-law websites, I have never heard this claimed. Furthermore, there is an uneasy coexistence between USCIS (Dept. of Homeland Security) and the Bureau of Consular Affairs (Dept. of State). Please support your contention with source material.
Also there are some countries that have a clause (marriage) that say if she is 20 years older then him, they cannot marry.
Please name them.
And if the marriage is not allowed in his home country then the fiance visa willnot be approved.
The purpose of the K-1 visa is to marry in the United States. Please elaborate on your point.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
So for those that get approved with very little (or no) secondary evidence submitted with the I-129F petition, how is that possible? Especially if they get asked simple basic questions at the Consulate interview & are NOT asked to see lots of other proof?
A variable that can matter a lot is the petitioner's presence on the consular premises during the first interview.

The reasoning is elaborated on here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/410945-k-1-journey-completed/

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

There was a dozen or so being interviewed when I had mine, only one was accompanied by their petitioner.

As far as I could tell everybody had the one minute interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

To clarify

If marriage to someone 20 years older is forbidden in a country then they will not approve a fiance visa to marry in america. But a have seen a couple marriage visas approved with a 20 yr differemce

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline
To clarify

If marriage to someone 20 years older is forbidden in a country then they will not approve a fiance visa to marry in america. But a have seen a couple marriage visas approved with a 20 yr differemce

For the benefit of everyone here, please name some of these countries. Edited by TBoneTX

Timeline

Never heard of that, actually I have never heard of a country where that is the case, certainly does not apply to the US.

Timeline

For the benefit of everyone here, please name some of these countries.

I only studied the middle east countries.

Off the top of my head I remember that Saudi Arabia has a 25 year limit and if you violate that limit you will pay over 25,000 to their government

Just search middle east marriage and age gap or specific countries and marriage with age gap

That is what I did a couple years ago and I found a few

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

Egypt also has a 25 year age gap law.

But it can be overcome with depositing money in the egyptian bank in the spouses family name and approval from the government

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.