leonidas_alexan

Is a visa decision already made even before the interview?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hello Members,

Of late I have been reading a lot of embassy interview reviews for K1 visa. And I have been intrigued by some of the reviews I have read. I would like to jot down my observations and kindly request the respected members to please give their opinions.

1) I really got a feeling that in a majority of the cases the actual decision to approve or decline a K1 visa was already made even before the embassy interview stage. Many reviewers wrote that they felt it was just a formality before they got their approval or rejection. Now, I could be wrong but this is what I have noticed at least in a majority of the cases that I have read. Please do correct me if I am wrong.

2) For example for embassy reviews in less visa fraud countries, in a majority of the cases the actual embassy interview seemed a very painless process and took just a few minutes, few questions and the approval followed. In fact in a few reviews I actually read that some of the members were able to see the approval stamp already from outside the interview window.

3) Similarly, in the rejection cases---many members wrote in their reviews that they felt the actual decision to deny was already taken even before the interview. They wrote the CO's asked them some really bizarre questions and essentially were going through the motions.

In view of the above, this is what I would like to ask. Please do forgive me if I am coming across as being naive.

* So, although the embassy interview stage is touted perhaps rightfully as the most important stage of the K1 process---it appears to me that in a majority of the cases the visa decision itself may have been taken even before the interview stage.

* I wonder in how many cases the actual decision to approve or reject the visa is based on the interview itself. Unless the interviewee very badly fumbles, I would assume that interviewees should be able to negotiate this interview phase well in case if the relationship is really genuine.

I would really appreciate the thoughts/observations of the members based on their own experience or observations.

Cheers.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello Members,

Of late I have been reading a lot of embassy interview reviews for K1 visa. And I have been intrigued by some of the reviews I have read. I would like to jot down my observations and kindly request the respected members to please give their opinions.

1) I really got a feeling that in a majority of the cases the actual decision to approve or decline a K1 visa was already made even before the embassy interview stage. Many reviewers wrote that they felt it was just a formality before they got their approval or rejection. Now, I could be wrong but this is what I have noticed at least in a majority of the cases that I have read. Please do correct me if I am wrong.

2) For example for embassy reviews in less visa fraud countries, in a majority of the cases the actual embassy interview seemed a very painless process and took just a few minutes, few questions and the approval followed. In fact in a few reviews I actually read that some of the members were able to see the approval stamp already from outside the interview window.

3) Similarly, in the rejection cases---many members wrote in their reviews that they felt the actual decision to deny was already taken even before the interview. They wrote the CO's asked them some really bizarre questions and essentially were going through the motions.

In view of the above, this is what I would like to ask. Please do forgive me if I am coming across as being naive.

* So, although the embassy interview stage is touted perhaps rightfully as the most important stage of the K1 process---it appears to me that in a majority of the cases the visa decision itself may have been taken even before the interview stage.

* I wonder in how many cases the actual decision to approve or reject the visa is based on the interview itself. Unless the interviewee very badly fumbles, I would assume that interviewees should be able to negotiate this interview phase well in case if the relationship is really genuine.

I would really appreciate the thoughts/observations of the members based on their own experience or observations.

Cheers.

This is a very interesting point of view/ question. I would be very intereted to hear about that too. ( I am not sure this is the right sub-forum for it though)

If it is the case, it would really mean the I-129F needs to be loaded with evidences...It must be very difficutl to convince a CO that the relation is genuine if they think it isn't....

Good luck in your visa journey!

From the day we sent I-129F to the day I recieved my K-1: Exactly 9 months
I am the benifeciary

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm sure people filing from certain places have more trouble than others and would have to prove their relationship more. Not sure if they already have their minds made up if someone is approved or denied though. Would be good to know!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello Members,

Cheers.

Generally YES a decision is already made. Given that the interviews typically last less than 5 minutes (ours was "no questions asked" and lasted maybe 1 minute to announce we were approved and give back original documents) it cannot be assumed otherwise. The interview may confirm or deny some bit of inforamtion or answer a question they had about a document, but there is not much else one can do in 5 minutes.

Sometimes they delay a decision and in that case, obviously, it was not made beforehand.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There is a reason you fill in all those forms.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.