Jeisson&Ellie

APPROVED FASTER BECAUSE OF LIVING ABROAD?!

38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello everyone! I'm just wondering why do the people who file abroad get approved faster?! (no offense to the abroad filers) Like I just don't understand and it just blows my mind because there are people who wait almost a year to get their NOA2! I feel as though it is unfair because the people who file abroad most of them are already with their loved ones and we who file from the USA have to wait 6 months to almost a year!! To me it makes sense that since we live in the US and file from the US we should get approved faster because we are HERE and the abroad filers are totally in a different country and it makes sense to me since they live abroad their process should be longer. Like do I not make sense or what? And to be honest I am writing this post because even though I am a month into waiting for my NOA2 I am desperate I don't want to wait a year like other people on VJ, who I feel really bad for.

11/10/2012 MARRIED

USCIS STAGE (101days)
01/22/2013 I130 SENT TO NBC
01/28/2013 NOA1 PRIORITY DATE
05/09/2013 I130 TEXT/EMAIL APPROVAL & NOTICE DATE!
05/15/2013 GOT NOA2 HARDCOPY

NVC STAGE (72 DAYS)
05/20/2013 NVC RECEIVED OUR CASE!

06/03/2013 RECEIVED CASE # & IIN, ALSO SENT DS-3032 EMAIL

06/10/2013 AOS INVOICED AND PAID, ALSO RESENT DS-3032 EMAIL- SUPERVISOR REVIEW

06/11/2013 NVC ACCEPTED DS-3032 EMAIL & AOS PAYMENT DEDUCTED FROM BANK ACCOUNT

06/12/2013 SENT AOS USPS EXPRESS MAIL (OVERNIGHT)

06/12/2013 IV BILL INVOICED & PAID

06/14/2013 SENT IV PACKET VIA OVERNIGHT EXPRESS MAIL

06/17/2013 IV PACKET ARRIVED AT NVC

07/03/2013 RECEIVED AOS CHECKLIST

07/06/2013 SENT AOS CHECKLIST VIA OVERNIGHT EXPRESS MAIL

07/08/2013 IV ACCEPTED & AOS CHECKLIST ARRIVED AT NVC

07/31/2013 CASE COMPLETE!!

09/16/2013 BLOOD & MEDICAL EXAMS

09/19/2013 INTERVIEW

09/26/2013 RECEIVED VISA

09/29/2013 POE FORT LAUDERDALE

10/11/2013 RECEIVED SSN

11/09/2013 RECEIVED CONDITIONAL GREEN CARD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Because the US wants their citizens back faster and working and helping the economy in the US.

Honestly it's a courtesy to citizens living overseas to "return home" faster. It's really just that simple.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We have been waiting for the 8 months and we still don't have an interview, we are just about to get an interview as our case is closed with the NVC and we are waiting for the appointment time, which will be any time now.

So I disagree with you that filing abroad gives you a quicker time. It takes a lot of patience....

M.

I agree with you about this. We, the one that live in the US should be treated better because we are HERE.

I am a USC

USCIS:

Jan. 08, 2013 ....I-130 Sent Out.
Jan. 09, 2013 ....NOA1
July 29, 2013 ....NOA2 ....6 Months and 3 Weeks After NOA1

NVC:

Aug. 07, 2013 ....NVC Received File from USCIS.

Aug. 20, 2013 ....Got Case # and Invoice Id # From NVC by phone

Aug. 21, 2013 ....Got DS-3032 form & I-864 bill by email

Aug. 21, 2013 ....Husband (Petitioner) paid AOS bill $88.00 Online - Wife (Beneficiary) email DS-3032 to NVC assigned Husband as Agent to received Mails from NVC

Aug. 23, 2013 ....AOS bill status: "Paid"

Sep. 04, 2013 ....Wife got email from NVC, DS-3032 Accepted.

Sep. 05, 2013 ....Husband got IV Bill by email from NVC, paid $230.00 online.

Sep. 06, 2013 ....IV bill status: "Paid"

Sep. 08, 2013 ....Submitted Form DS-260 online.

Sep. 16, 2013 ....Express Mailed Civil Documents to NVC

Sep. 19, 2013 ....Express Mailed I-864 Package to NVC

Nov. 25, 2013 ....Case Completed at NVC

Feb. 18, 2014 ....Pass Interview, but Wife need to get a new Passport

Apr. 04, 2014 ....Wife get her Visa

Apr. 16, 2014 ....Wife Come To America - JFK Airport

ztlozm.png

qdwsf3cne.png

6znyw0x1s.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Because some of us having a pressing need to return and an inability to support two households in the process as we started out with one.

I filed from abroad and I was NOT expedited. In fact, it turned my petition into a jumbled mess of ####### that is only starting to unwind due to many frantic emails and letters to Senators, Congressmen, ombudsman, scopsscata, embassies, field offices, and a service center.

Does that make you feel better?

Edited by Nola123

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Does not matter where we are leaving. We are USC and we are not important so we will just have to wait. :angry: at USCIS

USC here yes.gif
------------------------------
I130

11/30/2012 - NOA1 - NBC
01/09/2013 - Transfer to local office(Newark, NJ)
03/11/2013 - INFO Pass
04/04/2013 - INFO Pass

04/30/2013 - RFE - Properly complete and re-submit G-325A.
05/09/2013 - RFE hand delivered to Local office.

05/10/2013 - NOA2 - Newark NJ

NVC
05/13/2013 - NVC Received.
05/30/2013 - Case & IIN # Received.
05/30/2013 - DS3032 & E-mail sent to remove Attorney and appoint petitioner as choice of Agent.
05/30/2013 - NVC accepted request and stated that further communication will now directed to petitioner.
06/04/2013 - AOS & IV bill e-mail received, generated and paid.
06/05/2013 - AOS & IV status paid.
06/05/2013 - AOS package sent
06/12/2013 - IV package sent
06/25/2013 - AOS Accepted
07/03/2013 - IV accepted
07/03/2013 - Case Complete
07/30/2013 - Interview Date received

09/30/2013 - Interview

09/30/2013 - Approved

10/02/2013 - Visa in hand

10/05/2013 - POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

You do realize that until a year ago USC living overseas could file with the embassy in that country and get a visa for their spouse in as little as 1-2 months? USCIS changed that and now all files are sent to the states for adjudication. Maybe that's why.

Whatever the reason it's really the least thing you should be worried and/or complaining about. What is it your business why people get approved faster, concentrate on your own petition b/c trust me these bad vibes aren't going to get you anywhere. Karma's a B!&%h, don't ever forget that.

+1

Also spouses who live together have a much lower chance of fraud. Like if you go through a high fraud country face-time is more important than all the bills and affidavits put together. I was at a conference yesterday where some guys from the US embassy Japan (foreign services personnel) were presenting, and a large portion of their job is to do with being able to spot visa fraud.

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

+1

Also spouses who live together have a much lower chance of fraud. Like if you go through a high fraud country face-time is more important than all the bills and affidavits put together. I was at a conference yesterday where some guys from the US embassy Japan (foreign services personnel) were presenting, and a large portion of their job is to do with being able to spot visa fraud.

This is what I've always thought. That if you live overseas with your spouse, the assumption is you're probably not in a green card relationship and the investigation time would probably be a bit quicker. I know it's really frustrating to have to wait, but all these comparisons of situations and 'we deserve it more' talk isn't helping anyone. We're all USC's and we all have a right to live in our country with our spouses (unless of course they're war criminals or something). But, unfortunately, a lot of other people want that same thing and the process takes time. I don't have an answer for that, but telling people that you deserve your case processed faster than theirs is just divisive and I don't really think that's the point of these forums.

Here is another prime example as to why only MATURE ADULTS should marry or become engaged. There was a recent person who started a mini-war with a similar topic about how other people are being processed faster than them and they feel entitled to being approved after only waiting 1-2 months. Look, everyone has to wait, some less, some more depending on the circumstances. If USCIS/NVC process someone's case faster than yours, they have their reasons, whether they file from abroad or not. Mind your own business and concentrate on your normal daily life rather than being bitter on those people. If you married/got engaged to someone from another country, then that person must have really had something special that you saw in them. THEN WAIT FOR THEM. GOODNESS. If you whine about how other people are processed faster and how you don't want to wait "a year", then why did you get involved with someone who is required to go through this process in the first place? Pick and choose your battles.

Lately, too many people are whining about the wait times when they've only waited 1-2 months into the process. It's time to grow up and have patience.

Edited by Mina90

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks for posting this thread actually. It's an interesting topic of discussion that I haven't seen posted about often on VJ. I find the responses to be informative with updated information from the various perspectives. I have been wondering to myself from time to time how the change in processing for DCF was affecting cases and I'm grateful to be able to see people sharing their stories. I also agree with those that mention the greater the face to face time in the high fraud country and how that may be viewed at the consulates.

While the tone of the original post seems to have offended some I do also get the frustration of the waiting to be with the ones we love. Believe me I get it. I've been there in the initial stages frustrated and looking for answers too. Like some have mentioned "we're all in this together". Hopefully bringing up the topic will help shed some more light for all. Big hugs to everyone on this journey and in this wait. (L)

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.