Jeisson&Ellie

APPROVED FASTER BECAUSE OF LIVING ABROAD?!

38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ok so first of all, thank you to all of you who responded positively. And to those who I offended I didn't mean to offend you as I said in my original post NO OFFENSE TO THE ABROAD FILERS, I was just simply wondering why. And I wish everybody's process to be done and over with as soon as possible not just mine. I did not post this topic to start wars or drama because that is just not me, I think we are ALL ADULTS and we can HANDLE talking about these topics without any NEGATIVITY. And to who ever said that I didn't know what I got myself into once I got married because he/she thinks I can't wait or have patience, WELL FOR YOUR INFORMATION, I have been with my spouse for over 4 years and due to some circumstances we didn't get married till 3 months ago, so I DO KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO WAIT BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN GOING BACK AND FORTH TO COLOMBIA FOR 4 YEARS AND I KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE WAITING MONTHS AND MONTHS TO SEE THE PERSON YOU LOVE. That is the reason why I am a little desperate about this process to be done and over with because I DO NOT WANT TO WAIT ANYMORE. And I know some of you know exactly how I feel what I have been through. So thank you very much!

Once again I wish everybody's process goes well and that your journey is filled with many emotions and that the wait is WORTH IT!

11/10/2012 MARRIED

USCIS STAGE (101days)
01/22/2013 I130 SENT TO NBC
01/28/2013 NOA1 PRIORITY DATE
05/09/2013 I130 TEXT/EMAIL APPROVAL & NOTICE DATE!
05/15/2013 GOT NOA2 HARDCOPY

NVC STAGE (72 DAYS)
05/20/2013 NVC RECEIVED OUR CASE!

06/03/2013 RECEIVED CASE # & IIN, ALSO SENT DS-3032 EMAIL

06/10/2013 AOS INVOICED AND PAID, ALSO RESENT DS-3032 EMAIL- SUPERVISOR REVIEW

06/11/2013 NVC ACCEPTED DS-3032 EMAIL & AOS PAYMENT DEDUCTED FROM BANK ACCOUNT

06/12/2013 SENT AOS USPS EXPRESS MAIL (OVERNIGHT)

06/12/2013 IV BILL INVOICED & PAID

06/14/2013 SENT IV PACKET VIA OVERNIGHT EXPRESS MAIL

06/17/2013 IV PACKET ARRIVED AT NVC

07/03/2013 RECEIVED AOS CHECKLIST

07/06/2013 SENT AOS CHECKLIST VIA OVERNIGHT EXPRESS MAIL

07/08/2013 IV ACCEPTED & AOS CHECKLIST ARRIVED AT NVC

07/31/2013 CASE COMPLETE!!

09/16/2013 BLOOD & MEDICAL EXAMS

09/19/2013 INTERVIEW

09/26/2013 RECEIVED VISA

09/29/2013 POE FORT LAUDERDALE

10/11/2013 RECEIVED SSN

11/09/2013 RECEIVED CONDITIONAL GREEN CARD

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Because it's not a random would be immigrant who wants to come to the US, it's a US CITIZEN, who NEEDS to go back home, who happens to be married to a foreigner in that country. In normal cases the USC already has his/her life established in the US.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Ok so first of all, thank you to all of you who responded positively. And to those who I offended I didn't mean to offend you as I said in my original post NO OFFENSE TO THE ABROAD FILERS, I was just simply wondering why. And I wish everybody's process to be done and over with as soon as possible not just mine. I did not post this topic to start wars or drama because that is just not me, I think we are ALL ADULTS and we can HANDLE talking about these topics without any NEGATIVITY. And to who ever said that I didn't know what I got myself into once I got married because he/she thinks I can't wait or have patience, WELL FOR YOUR INFORMATION, I have been with my spouse for over 4 years and due to some circumstances we didn't get married till 3 months ago, so I DO KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO WAIT BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN GOING BACK AND FORTH TO COLOMBIA FOR 4 YEARS AND I KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE WAITING MONTHS AND MONTHS TO SEE THE PERSON YOU LOVE. That is the reason why I am a little desperate about this process to be done and over with because I DO NOT WANT TO WAIT ANYMORE. And I know some of you know exactly how I feel what I have been through. So thank you very much!

Once again I wish everybody's process goes well and that your journey is filled with many emotions and that the wait is WORTH IT!

I don't think that any kind of "war" has been started, or really even that much drama, but as a new member of this site, you should understand that comments like the one you made aren't going to be universally popular. In retrospect, if you feel the need to include "no offense" in your wording, it's probably because you're saying something that at least some people are going to find offensive. Everyone here is playing a waiting game; you are not unique in your situation. I was with my husband for 3 years before we got married and saw him, on average, every 4 months. I missed him terribly in between visits. I moved to Ireland 4 days after we got married. So it's my family now that I don't get to see. The last time I was with my parents was in May, when I brought my daughter to meet her grandparents. That's the only time they've ever seen her in person. Everyone on this forum has a story they could tell. It's fine to be miserable without your spouse-in fact, it's EXPECTED that you're going to be anxiously awaiting every milestone in this process. You will find tons of lovely people on this site who are going to offer you words of support, a shoulder to lean on, and good wishes and thoughts. Not all of them are in the same situation as you. And, to clarify, you did not state in your original post that you wanted everybody's process to go quickly. In fact, you categorically stated that you thought it perfectly right and fair that anyone filing from abroad should have their process take longer than the same application originating in the States. Why would you wish a longer timeline on anyone? Their progress does not come at the expense of yours. Everyone here should be rooting for EVERYONE'S success...high tides raise all boats.

Our Visa Timeline
USCIS
11/23/12: Package Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Ireland
11/28/12: Arrived at Lockbox, Signed for by JOHN
11/30/12: NOA1; Transferred to NBC
12/06/12: NOA1 Hard Copy Received
12/19/12: Touched
01/16/13: NOA2 (47 days after NOA1)
01/21/13: Approved petition mailed to NVC
01/22/13: NOA2 Hard Copy Received
NVC
01/25/13: Petition arrived at NVC
02/11/13: Received Case#/IIN from NVC
02/11/13: Received DS-3032/AOS Bill Invoiced
02/11/13: AOS Bill Paid/DS-3032 Emailed
02/15/13: AOS Package sent to NVC
02/25/13: DS-3032 Accepted
02/26/13: AOS Package Accepted
02/26/13: IV Bill Invoiced
02/26/13: IV Bill Paid
02/27/13: IV Package sent to NVC
03/11/13: RFE: Irish Police Cert. (It's there, Idiot Stick just can't read Irish. "Garda" means "Police". Fool.)
03/20/13: Case Complete
04/01/13: Interview Date Assigned
Consulate
04/16/13: Medical
05/07/13: Interview...Denied 221(g). Now to find a joint sponsor. Good times.
05/22/13: Visa in Hand
07/30/13: POE Dublin

Citizenship

06/04/2023: N-400 Filed Online

06/05/2023: Receipt Sent

06/12/2023: Notice of Biometrics Appointment Received; Appointment Date 06/30/2023

x214.png

7uKb.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I echo what MeredythB is saying completely. Also according to USCIS, applications in which the petitioner and beneficiary reside abroad account for less than 5% of I-130s. Such a small number is not going to impact things one way or the other. :thumbs:

@OP I've been in your shoes with no end in sight and everyone's approval just made me upset that it wasn't me. Everyone wants to be approved and everyone feels the stress and pain of this process, trust me on that one. As the process seems to be nearing an end, that pain will fade into excitement. Then, a year from now you'll look back on this and just feel relief that it is all over.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Everyone here has been responding to you positively, the difference being some of us do not sugar-coat statements. You might think some of us come across negative to you, but in fact, we are not. We are simply telling you like it is. Also, you do not need to point out your specific case because everyone here has their own journey. You say that you don't want to "offend the abroad filers", yet you clearly make them seem like they have done something wrong and are culprits because some abroad filers are approved "faster" than you. You are not the only one desperate to be with their loved ones, most of the people here on VJ are. There's no point in fussing over how the system works because it will not change for you or anyone else-USCIS/NVC work on their own accord. If you are an adult, start acting like one. Don't make statements such as "no offense", "like you know what I mean", "well for your information"-those tones are unnecessary and childish. No one here is your enemy. Word of advice-stay calm, stay patient, and it will be okay.

I don't think that any kind of "war" has been started, or really even that much drama, but as a new member of this site, you should understand that comments like the one you made aren't going to be universally popular. In retrospect, if you feel the need to include "no offense" in your wording, it's probably because you're saying something that at least some people are going to find offensive. Everyone here is playing a waiting game; you are not unique in your situation. I was with my husband for 3 years before we got married and saw him, on average, every 4 months. I missed him terribly in between visits. I moved to Ireland 4 days after we got married. So it's my family now that I don't get to see. The last time I was with my parents was in May, when I brought my daughter to meet her grandparents. That's the only time they've ever seen her in person. Everyone on this forum has a story they could tell. It's fine to be miserable without your spouse-in fact, it's EXPECTED that you're going to be anxiously awaiting every milestone in this process. You will find tons of lovely people on this site who are going to offer you words of support, a shoulder to lean on, and good wishes and thoughts. Not all of them are in the same situation as you. And, to clarify, you did not state in your original post that you wanted everybody's process to go quickly. In fact, you categorically stated that you thought it perfectly right and fair that anyone filing from abroad should have their process take longer than the same application originating in the States. Why would you wish a longer timeline on anyone? Their progress does not come at the expense of yours. Everyone here should be rooting for EVERYONE'S success...high tides raise all boats.

Very well said.

Edited by Mina90

Thanks for posting this thread actually. It's an interesting topic of discussion that I haven't seen posted about often on VJ. I find the responses to be informative with updated information from the various perspectives. I have been wondering to myself from time to time how the change in processing for DCF was affecting cases and I'm grateful to be able to see people sharing their stories. I also agree with those that mention the greater the face to face time in the high fraud country and how that may be viewed at the consulates.

While the tone of the original post seems to have offended some I do also get the frustration of the waiting to be with the ones we love. Believe me I get it. I've been there in the initial stages frustrated and looking for answers too. Like some have mentioned "we're all in this together". Hopefully bringing up the topic will help shed some more light for all. Big hugs to everyone on this journey and in this wait. (L)

I DCF my I-130 in Manila and another reason for getting a fast approval is the fact that our petitions never go to the NVC or even to the US. They are all handled here within the embassy. In our case it took 95 days from applying till the interview date, we could have done it about 3 weeks faster but have a lot of things to take care of here before we leave for the US. I know that some people that file from the US get tired of the wait but there is a positive side to that also, it gives you time to get everything ready for that big day when you will be together again. In our case we'll be going to a place where we know no one, have no house or apartment, no jobs and so forth. I grew up in SD but my mother and father moved to Florida after they retired, we'll be going there in the beginning and although we have a good relationship with them I haven't lived at home or near them for 40 years now. I guess what I'm trying to say is to try and make the best of your situation and use the time while waiting to make your reunion the best that it can be. Time goes by and your day will come.

Like do I not make sense or what?

No. You do not make sense. You failed to explain why abroad filer processing should be longer than domestic. You just declare it so, and expect only positive responses from others. I can give a valid reason why processing should be expedited for abroad filers. It is a substitute for DCF where it is no longer available. This behavior is not unlike that of a child getting upset when he sees another with a toy that he wants. No offense intended, of course.

07/29/2014 - NOA1

11/19/2014 - Transfer to TSC

12/19/2014 - NOA2

01/15/2014 - NVC Received (TSC held it for 3 weeks...)

02/19/2014 - Case no. and IIN assigned; requested embassy change

02/27/2014 - DS-261 available and submitted

02/28/2014 - AOS available and paid

03/19/2014 - AOS mailed

03/27/2014 - AOS entered into system

03/24/2014 - New case no. assigned

03/25/2014 - IV fee invoiced and paid

03/28/2014 - IV package sent via FedEx

04/26/2014 - case complete

06/01/2014 - passed interview

Timeline

Very well said.

Thanks! Maybe that Master's Degree in Counseling WASN'T a complete waste! :lol:

Edited by MeredythB

Our Visa Timeline
USCIS
NVC
03/11/13: RFE: Irish Police Cert. (It's there, Idiot Stick just can't read Irish. "Garda" means "Police". Fool.)
Consulate

Citizenship

06/12/2023: Notice of Biometrics Appointment Received; Appointment Date 06/30/2023

x214.png

7uKb.png

Hello everyone! I'm just wondering why do the people who file abroad get approved faster?! (no offense to the abroad filers) Like I just don't understand and it just blows my mind because there are people who wait almost a year to get their NOA2! I feel as though it is unfair because the people who file abroad most of them are already with their loved ones and we who file from the USA have to wait 6 months to almost a year!! To me it makes sense that since we live in the US and file from the US we should get approved faster because we are HERE and the abroad filers are totally in a different country and it makes sense to me since they live abroad their process should be longer. Like do I not make sense or what? And to be honest I am writing this post because even though I am a month into waiting for my NOA2 I am desperate I don't want to wait a year like other people on VJ, who I feel really bad for.

I understand your frustration. Most of us are in a similar state of mind whether we are in the US or abroad. The whole process takes way too long. My husband is a US citizen and he has a job in the US since last summer. We decided that he would apply for a green card for me while I stay in Europe. I did not want to have to lie to the immigration when entering in the US as a tourist. Because of this, we have been separated for 5 months now and based on what I can see on this website, it may take many more months until we can reunite. The whole process needs to be rethought as a lot of regular and honest US citizens, their spouses and children are being penalized by such lengthy process.

In comparison, when we moved to my home country a few years ago, it took four weeks for my husband to get the equivalent of a green card (a european country)...

Timeline

In comparison, when we moved to my home country a few years ago, it took four weeks for my husband to get the equivalent of a green card (a european country)...

Amazing, isn't it? I came with my husband to Ireland 4 days after we married, on Aug. 1, 2011. By Aug. 4, I had my Immigration Card in hand (which gave me both residency and working rights). And it was FREE. The Hubs and I just had to show up with our passports, marriage cert, and have fingerprints taken and an interview. It took maybe an hour, including waiting time. When I renewed the following year, it took half that.

Our Visa Timeline
USCIS
NVC
Consulate

Citizenship

x214.png

7uKb.png

Timeline

Amazing, isn't it? I came with my husband to Ireland 4 days after we married, on Aug. 1, 2011. By Aug. 4, I had my Immigration Card in hand (which gave me both residency and working rights). And it was FREE. The Hubs and I just had to show up with our passports, marriage cert, and have fingerprints taken and an interview. It took maybe an hour, including waiting time. When I renewed the following year, it took half that.

Lucky duckies.

We still aren't eligible for a spouse visa here until maybe August of 2014? :crying:

3/26/18 Biometrics

Timeline

Lucky duckies.

We still aren't eligible for a spouse visa here until maybe August of 2014? :crying:

I couldn't quite believe it, either. And of course, now I'm a legal resident of Ireland, we can also live anywhere in the EU if we wanted. I was simply gobsmacked at how easy the process was. And our daughter, as a dual US/EU citizen, REALLY has the best of both worlds!

What are the restrictions on your spousal visa? Seems like a long time to have to wait. Is it residency or something?

Edited by MeredythB

Our Visa Timeline
USCIS
NVC
Consulate

Citizenship

x214.png

7uKb.png

Timeline

I couldn't quite believe it, either. And of course, now I'm a legal resident of Ireland, we can also live anywhere in the EU if we wanted. I was simply gobsmacked at how easy the process was. And our daughter, as a dual US/EU citizen, REALLY has the best of both worlds!

What are the restrictions on your spousal visa? Seems like a long time to have to wait. Is it residency or something?

No, it is because in the summer of 2011, my husband's business folded and he had to take cash help from the government for 3 months to pay his rent because he couldn't find a job anywhere at all. He eventually found one, but the restrictions are that you can not petition a spouse for 3 years from the last date you received any government assistance.

It is very stringent beyond that, but it is what made us not eligible to file.

3/26/18 Biometrics

That is some bull...

Its not fair our ladies have to wait a longer to see us when there half way around the world.

The people overseas are already with there loved one.. so it doesnt even matter if there's takes long..

I tell ya... The poor stay poorer the rich get richer...

Timeline

Also according to USCIS, applications in which the petitioner and beneficiary reside abroad account for less than 5% of I-130s. Such a small number is not going to impact things one way or the other. :thumbs:

@OP I've been in your shoes with no end in sight and everyone's approval just made me upset that it wasn't me. Everyone wants to be approved and everyone feels the stress and pain of this process, trust me on that one. As the process seems to be nearing an end, that pain will fade into excitement. Then, a year from now you'll look back on this and just feel relief that it is all over.

That is some bull...

Its not fair our ladies have to wait a longer to see us when there half way around the world.

The people overseas are already with there loved one.. so it doesnt even matter if there's takes long..

I tell ya... The poor stay poorer the rich get richer...

The effect of filers from abroad on USCIS has been determined to be minimal. Please don't try to stir this pot back up. Thank you.

Edited by MeredythB

Our Visa Timeline
USCIS
NVC
Consulate

Citizenship

x214.png

7uKb.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.