42 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Welcome to the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

The economy here is in a very bad way. You will hear talk of how things are improving but that isn't applicable for those that didn't have a pretty good place in the economy already. Unemployment is still very, very high. Employers are being very, very choosy about whom they hire and are paying lower wages to many [not all]. So, I would agree with you that high paying jobs are not easy to get.

The United States considers itself an education powerhouse, at least in the secondary educational levels. So does a lot of the rest of the world as evidenced by enrollment of foreign students in the major and minor Universities and Colleges here. It can be difficult to get one's education recognized here and frankly in some cases it won't be recognized and one will have to start over or at least redo part of it. The United States Department of Education can give you guidance on how to have your educational qualifications evaluated and validated. Once you get your credentials validated properly you will know if you have a US equivalent degree or if you need to do more work.

Warehouse jobs suck, even if you are a natural born U.S. Citizen. My brother worked at warehouse jobs and was not enthralled with the working conditions. But that is the nature of those types of jobs.

It is nice to know that you had a good life in your country. Can you tell me why you can't go back? If your life in your country was very good, why did you choose to move to the United States? I mean couldn't your spouse/fiance(e) have moved to your country and enjoyed sharing your very good life there?

You are quite correct there is racism in the United States. You will never escape it. Racist don't limit themselves to living in one county, town, city, state or region. Racist come from all walks of life: educated, uneducated, rich, poor, middle class, etc.

There are lots of problems in the United States; you haven't even scratched the surface in your list. If you are looking for a trouble-free existence you won't find it here, unless potentially you are a member of the wealthy and/or powerful classes. Although I read that even they have problems.

The United States is not a perfect place and honestly it has never been the land of fairness and opportunity that it once was perceived to be. But one can live a decent life here, given a little good luck in addition to hard work! Only you can decide if the United States is the right place for you.

doesn't matter how "bad" things are in USA when you are comparing to pakistan. all the things mentioned here are MUCH WORSE in pakistan.

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

OP: Here are two realities, and they apply anywhere:

1. Any job is a GOOD job.

2. No matter how good a job you do (at whatever you do), you can always do a better one.

On the issue of integration, do everything that you can to integrate. The United States used to be known as the "melting pot" -- e pluribus unum ("from many, one"). Resolve to "melt in," and you'll find yourself enjoying life much more.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Adjusting to a new country and culture can be difficult. I understand that because I'm still going through this, but like everybody else said Nobody's forcing you to stay. You went through the immigration process which I'm sure took a while! during that time you could have read a little bit about this country! which is not flawless and it has been all over the news for many years! people losing their jobs and how the economy is hurting everybody this is not a secret people or your now husband kept from you, I also believe this is not the only Country going through this kind of struggles. So you had the time to do your own research before moving over here nobody forced you to move here.

Before I moved here I knew the struggles I was gonna go through, but I was up for it as long as I was with the person I love! Now I have a job which is not my dream job AT ALL! I actually consider it a downgrade from what I used to do in Venezuela, but I learned to live with it and I know better things will come my way I just need to work my way up like everybody else has to in this world! Im actually very happy for my job because I know many people are out there with no job and no money. As somebody already said it Any JOB is a GOOD JOB! so appreciate what you have now and work hard so you can get something better! nobody gets to the top of a mountain without starting at the bottom of it!

About racism, Yes it is something many people struggles with in this country, but I'm sure they also do in many other countries.

Even though I love my country deeply, I've learned to love this one accepting it with all its flaws and problems and now I consider it my home! no country is perfect! no country is a paradise, but I came here to live with the person I love and She makes this place feel like paradise.. so maybe you should go to your husband tell him how you feel and remember why you came to this country for!

G(Venezuela)Venezuela%20flag-S-anim.gifanimated_earth.gifus-flag-small.gifJen(GA,U.S.)iATxm5.png369549mx7b73btk2.gif

Visajourney.png

There are worse places than the U.S.

Fernando & Michelle

12/05/2011 - Mailed I-129F
12/09/2011 - Received NOA1
12/21/2011 - Last updated by USCIS
04/12/2012 - Approved!
05/08/2012 - NVC received
05/09/2012 - Left NVC
05/14/2012 - Received at Consulate
06/25/2012 - Interview at Consulate, APPROVED!!!!
07/07/2012 - POE at JFK, easy.

09/28/2012 - Mailed I-485
11/09/2012 - Appointment for Biometrics
12/08/2012 - EAD and AP Card arrived in mail. No updates to USCIS website.
07/26/2013 - Approved, no interview.

04/30/2015 - Mailed I-751

06/03/2015 - Appointment for Biometrics

02/29/2016 - Approved, no interview.

03/14/2016 - Received 10-year Card

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

U.S. is not an ideal place to come.they have no jobs. monopolies are everywhere.they even don't accept our education.all you get warehouse jobs. GSI,or ZAPOOS.i don't know about u but my life was very good in my country.i am now panic here can't go back.racism is here also,lots of problem. this is not a place of to come any more.

You say it's not a place to come anymore as if you had some experience here in the past but according to your timeline you've been here just about 6 months. Is it possible that your expectations were set a bit high and life here isn't what you expected? Did you do any research on job opportunities during the 342 days you were waiting for your visa? The job market has been ####### for several years, it's nothing new and neither is racism, it's been around for a few hundred years or longer.

I don't think your problem is the US, I think your problem is your lack of preparation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

You say it's not a place to come anymore as if you had some experience here in the past but according to your timeline you've been here just about 6 months. Is it possible that your expectations were set a bit high and life here isn't what you expected? Did you do any research on job opportunities during the 342 days you were waiting for your visa? The job market has been ####### for several years, it's nothing new and neither is racism, it's been around for a few hundred years or longer.

I don't think your problem is the US, I think your problem is your lack of preparation.

Well said.

It's not easy packing up and leaving the life that you've known behind, and then going to start new in another country.....

OP. countless millions came before you. And many others will follow. Things here are not going to change for you, it's you that have to make the adjustments to your new surroundings. hang in there and see if you get used to it.

There are worse places than the U.S.

those places are called "Canadas" :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nobody's forcing you to stay.....

:thumbs:

AOS Timeline

CIS Office : Phoenix

Date Filed : 11-03-2012

NOA1 Date : 11-07-2012

Biometrics Appt : 12-12-2012

Interview : 01-25-2013

Greencard approved : 01-25-2013

Card/Document Production : 01-30-2013

Greencard received : 02-02-2013

EAD/AP

Date Filed : 11-03-2012

NOA1 : 11-07-2012

Approved Date : 01-11-2013

Card Production : 01-17-2013

EAD/AP received : 01-19-2013

Filed: Timeline

You know, it is difficult to make a huge change in your life especially when you feel it is not for the better. I for one struggled with it myself...great job, great country that i lived in for 12 years of my life (Switzerland) and now I am to move somewhere with lack of jobs not knowing whether I can actually get a good job and continue my career path....it is a lot of unknowns and a lot to swallow and of course there is more to it than that....sometimes it feels like I am making a bad choice until I realize that without my fiance...no matter how much money i make, no matter how clean and ordered and perfect the country i moved from was....i was not really happy only comfortable living to work. He is what makes me want to wake up in the morning with a smile on my face and if it means making this huge move and change then I will. He is where my heart is and that is all that matters, the rest....we will work out together. He will help me and i am sure your significant other will do the same for you. Did you talk to your spouse about this ?

Just thought I'd chime in with my feelings.

JTB11 - that was a great posted response. I don't think enough emphasis is put on what the foreign fiance may feel with this visa process. At least my fiance is used to being away from his family (but not happy about leaving his mother). The original person who made the post is obvious not happy, and I hope they soon find peace.

those places are called "Canadas" :)

Hahaha! With so many Canadians on this site, I wonder if it's safe to proceed with the "Canadia" bashing.... Hahaha.

Fernando & Michelle

12/05/2011 - Mailed I-129F
12/09/2011 - Received NOA1
12/21/2011 - Last updated by USCIS
04/12/2012 - Approved!
05/08/2012 - NVC received
05/09/2012 - Left NVC
05/14/2012 - Received at Consulate
06/25/2012 - Interview at Consulate, APPROVED!!!!
07/07/2012 - POE at JFK, easy.

09/28/2012 - Mailed I-485
11/09/2012 - Appointment for Biometrics
12/08/2012 - EAD and AP Card arrived in mail. No updates to USCIS website.
07/26/2013 - Approved, no interview.

04/30/2015 - Mailed I-751

06/03/2015 - Appointment for Biometrics

02/29/2016 - Approved, no interview.

03/14/2016 - Received 10-year Card

U.S. is not an ideal place to come.they have no jobs. monopolies are everywhere.they even don't accept our education.all you get warehouse jobs. GSI,or ZAPOOS.i don't know about u but my life was very good in my country.i am now panic here can't go back.racism is here also,lots of problem. this is not a place of to come any more.

There is no REAL PERFECT country.....you just need to be thinking positively that things could be better. But then if you think US is not an ideal place for you then try to talk to your partner and return to your home country where u said u have a better life. Im sure US wouldn't mind if you leaved US....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.