42 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You say it's not a place to come anymore as if you had some experience here in the past but according to your timeline you've been here just about 6 months. Is it possible that your expectations were set a bit high and life here isn't what you expected? Did you do any research on job opportunities during the 342 days you were waiting for your visa? The job market has been ####### for several years, it's nothing new and neither is racism, it's been around for a few hundred years or longer.

I don't think your problem is the US, I think your problem is your lack of preparation.

its not lack of preparation,thanks for your quote,everybody has different circumstances,what u think i am sitting at home and waiting for jobs?i applied hundreds of places online also i went in person dozens of places.around diameter of 40 miles.my education is also WES evaluated.and iam civil engineer.but i applied every where.i also did PTCB certification but nothing happen.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

its not lack of preparation,thanks for your quote,everybody has different circumstances,what u think i am sitting at home and waiting for jobs?i applied hundreds of places online also i went in person dozens of places.around diameter of 40 miles.my education is also WES evaluated.and iam civil engineer.but i applied every where.i also did PTCB certification but nothing happen.

I can see your first problem is that your written English isn't up to par for an engineering job. In that sense, you didn't prepare well enough. Frankly, there is probably also a desire to have engineers who are trained in America or a similar country and who are familiar with the practices and way things are done. Also, there aren't a lot of job openings in that field.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would have thought that to practice in the US you will need a Us qualification, certainly the case in my profession.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I understand your frustration, my husband has engineer's diploma from Ukraine that is absolutely worthless here.WES does not change a thing.He decided the only option for him was to go back to school in US.

Try and see situation from employer's standpoint.Would you hire a civil engineer with diploma from other country that is in US for less than a year,quality of education is questionable, no experience of work in US,lack of language and communication skills? Huge liability.HUGE!!!

Most of us who come here with high expectations have to start our lives all over again and usually from the bottom.And still, I think,just to be able to live here is worth all the struggle and frustration.

Edited by LanaMay

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hahaha...this has got to be someone's idea of a joke.

You prefer living in Pakistan where people are put to death for blasphemy? Or where women are subjected to honor killings? Well, if that's where you want to be, then Delta is ready when you are.

My timeline was last updated on 29MAR2013.

Filed: Timeline

U.S. is not an ideal place to come.they have no jobs. monopolies are everywhere.they even don't accept our education.all you get warehouse jobs. GSI,or ZAPOOS.i don't know about u but my life was very good in my country.i am now panic here can't go back.racism is here also,lots of problem. this is not a place of to come any more.

Hey everyone,

Sorry to hear that, but I disagree with you and I know some guys may not going to like what I am going to say here. Its not about you but gernal speaking. There are few things make us unhappy in life: When we never work hard in our life time and also find a way to get a job in our country (Thru uncle and Aunty), where no such working life in GOVT. or proivate sector. If we have to go to a office,and now 11am only 60% staff is in and by 3pm 80% gone for the day. Are we still complaing? I think we need to live in reality not fantasy.

Also maybe your life was great in Pakistan because some other factor which I dont wish to mention here and please stop blaming on racism, its all about mental thing. Now keep in mind that if you came with big dream and has no college degree, then maybe you will feel like this for most of the time you goint to spent here. My suggestion is put a plan together (with education Degree)and work thru,it will take you about 2-3 years to have a better life start. I have done mine this way, but only thing I didnt did was BLAM on the system and also never have negtive thought about job etc and today I am very happy.

Hope you will act not re-act or keep yourself down... Best of luck.

I am not sure if you hold a Degree, if you do then you should not not have any issue to find a Job.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

My husband has been here for 4 and a half months. He just today found a full time job, it is not in his field, in fact it is in a warehouse loading trucks, he has a bachelors in computer science with job experience in his home country, he also works a part time minimum wage job at Macy's.The full time job will get him much needed benefits and health insurance. He like you applied for many jobs in his field and has not found one as of yet, it is difficult for US citizens with many years of job experience to find a job in this country,let alone a new immigrant. Did your SO not prepare you for this fact? I made sure to tell my husband long before he arrived that finding a job here would not be an easy feat. My husband is willing to take any job while he waits to find one in his field, even if it means working doing manual labor, he is incredibly happy that he has found a job and is able to contribute to the finances. My husband is from a Muslim country as well,he has not in any of his job interviews(he has had some in his field) encountered any discrimination. In fact since being here he has not encountered any discrimination whatsoever on any level, from once single person. I think you are being paranoid. You need to drop the attitude and suck it up, find a job, any job that will get you integrated into the workforce here. You will learn how to communicate with Americans, learn how to speak and write English better, it will get you references for future job opportunities here.

Edited by mimolicious

Filed: Timeline

You prefer living in Pakistan where people are put to death for blasphemy? Or where women are subjected to honor killings? Well, if that's where you want to be, then Delta is ready when you are.

I think Your comment are not completly based on real life. Plz comment what he saying and you are going off.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

get a grip, this is not real life in any Muslim country.things like this happen rarely and we only hear of them because the media picks and chooses what they report on. Before you make a ridiculous, sweeping comment like this do your homework and stop insulting an entire region of the world and religion based on your ignorance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

get a grip, this is not real life in any Muslim country.things like this happen rarely and we only hear of them because the media picks and chooses what they report on. Before you make a ridiculous, sweeping comment like this do your homework and stop insulting an entire region of the world and religion based on your ignorance.

Wow...you are delusional if you don't think that's real life in Pakistan. It is written into their law. I'm currently in Afghanistan, where I've spent a total of 2.5 years. In addition, I've spent over 2 years in Iraq. I work counterintelligence for the government and am quite familiar with various countries in this "region of the world" as you refer to this geographic area. Yes, the media picks and chooses what they report on, but I can tell you they only report a fraction of the atrocities that occur in Pakistan.

I did not generalize any particular country or religion. I simply stated two facts...documented, proven facts. It is you who are ignorant.

To the initial poster, I think if he is so unhappy in the horrible United States with all its faults, and had such a great life in Pakistan (as he has claimed), he should move back there.

My timeline was last updated on 29MAR2013.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I had to look up PTCB to even see what that was - are you interested in becoming a pharmacy technician or did you fall for one of the "for-profit" schools that sold you on the idea that this was a good idea?

What did WES say? Was it an equivalent degree or not? If so, can you sit the PE exam for civil engineering? That can open doors. You can also look at Project Management and a few other certificates that can get your resume through screening software easier. But, look at certificates that align with your work history/education and that will get you the type of jobs you are interested in. Some of them may be expensive, some may take a long time to get [maybe even a year], but that's where you need to be focusing if you want to stay in that field.

It took my husband 1 year to find a job in his field - what he did volunteer in his field while looking and that gave him some US references. Maybe look at local municipal departments that will take on volunteers or heck, even Habitat for Humanity - not the "same" but a close fit that may get your name out with local builders, construction co, architects, etc.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Canadians should have a decent sense of humor....

Canadians should have a decent sense of humor....Eh:)

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.