42 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

U.S. is not an ideal place to come.they have no jobs. monopolies are everywhere.they even don't accept our education.all you get warehouse jobs. GSI,or ZAPOOS.i don't know about u but my life was very good in my country.i am now panic here can't go back.racism is here also,lots of problem. this is not a place of to come any more.

Sorry for your unpleasant experience in United States. May be, you should move to better city with better location. This can be helpful. If it does not seem to work out for you, then you are free to go back to your home country anytime you wish.

I understand, it may take some time to set your feet here, but if you try hard, you will get it. Learn what you need to do to mix with this culture.

XrVRp5.png

You know, it is difficult to make a huge change in your life especially when you feel it is not for the better. I for one struggled with it myself...great job, great country that i lived in for 12 years of my life (Switzerland) and now I am to move somewhere with lack of jobs not knowing whether I can actually get a good job and continue my career path....it is a lot of unknowns and a lot to swallow and of course there is more to it than that....sometimes it feels like I am making a bad choice until I realize that without my fiance...no matter how much money i make, no matter how clean and ordered and perfect the country i moved from was....i was not really happy only comfortable living to work. He is what makes me want to wake up in the morning with a smile on my face and if it means making this huge move and change then I will. He is where my heart is and that is all that matters, the rest....we will work out together. He will help me and i am sure your significant other will do the same for you. Did you talk to your spouse about this ?

Just thought I'd chime in with my feelings.

GC received on the 28th of February, 2014 - no interview, no additional RFE's

Divorced as of September, 2014

NOA1 for ROC 14 October, 2014

Life goes on, my ex-husband is a moron.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Do you mean Zappos?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Do you mean Zappos?

yes i worked there for one week in zappos warehouse also in gsi-commerce horrible working environment i never worked like dat in my life until my old fractured leg bone start hurting i quit immediately coz health care is also a horrible thing here.and i don't have any health insurance.also not eligible for medicaid.they dont give health coverage.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Minimum wage jobs and employer provided healthcare are not a good match.

Your wife would have had to sponsor you, that would have been one of the factors in deciding who moved where.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to Moving Here & Your New Life In America forum.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Sorry you've had difficulty. America isn't some promised land and it can be very difficult at times. I think you have the added challenge of being from an area that isn't CABA or Europe. That isn't something that anyone can fix for you and only you through dedicated hard work, education, and a drive to integrate can overcome.

Living in a new country is hard and the majority do find it a painful experience. I found it hard living in my husband's country and he'll find it hard living in America. It is what it is.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Sorry to hear that things aren't working for you.. Maybe you chose the wrong place to live.. I started my journey in New York and let me tell you it was awful, I moved to a different state and not only I'm finishing my college education without even go thru all the annoying paperwork but also recently got approved for a new house which the mortgage will be cheaper than rent and my family is going to finally be together.. Look if you came from a different country pursuing a dream was for a reason and is normal to be scared, bad politics and economical problems are everywhere including safety and health but one thing is to have more resources than our own countries and better opportunities, life isn't easy anywhere you go and because is America doesn't mean is like the movies.. You build your own future according to your own decisions and how hard you have to work in life.. So doesn't matter where you go your life will be miserable if you don't work hard and do what it takes to make it better

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You also came here to build a life with your spouse. Take baby steps....one day this shall pass.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You also came here to build a life with your spouse. Take baby steps....one day this shall pass.

I just wanted to say, that is a funny picture :rofl::rofl:

I Looooooove my baby Lyn.

You know, it is difficult to make a huge change in your life especially when you feel it is not for the better. I for one struggled with it myself...great job, great country that i lived in for 12 years of my life (Switzerland) and now I am to move somewhere with lack of jobs not knowing whether I can actually get a good job and continue my career path....it is a lot of unknowns and a lot to swallow and of course there is more to it than that....sometimes it feels like I am making a bad choice until I realize that without my fiance...no matter how much money i make, no matter how clean and ordered and perfect the country i moved from was....i was not really happy only comfortable living to work. He is what makes me want to wake up in the morning with a smile on my face and if it means making this huge move and change then I will. He is where my heart is and that is all that matters, the rest....we will work out together. He will help me and i am sure your significant other will do the same for you. Did you talk to your spouse about this ?

Just thought I'd chime in with my feelings.

My thoughts exactly.

I am the USC.

--------------

Permanent Resident since December 23, 2013

Filed N-400, February 8, 2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is very difficult in life to make such big changes. I think you have gotten some great feedback from some very kind people. My first reaction was to get defensive as you were criticizing America. But after reading the patience that others used in their responses, I too can sympathize with you.

1. One of the challenges is being new to an area - regardless of which country you are from, even American's take time to adjust and be accepted in a new city, job, school.

2. Language creates challenges - When I am in my fiancee's country, I get frustrated that they don't understand me and I don't understand them and using hand gestures gets old and accomplishes only basic communication.

3. The world is struggling and if things are bad in the US, I promise you they will be worse in your country soon. The ripple effect is like a stone being dropped into the water. The world is connected through world trade. No matter what country you came from. They will be affected as the crash and slow recovery spread throughout the world.

4. Take whatever job you can get and can do (provided your health is good) - Work hard, work your way up or learn to find another job in your spare time after you have some US street credit for having done a good job where you are.

If I moved to any other country or any other profession than I am in now, I would have to start at the bottom.

You might consider - reconsidering your approach to all of this. As negative as your attitude is right now, it will be difficult for you to accomplish anything here in the US. If I were interviewing someone who was from a foreign country and they seemed upset and bitter about our country, I wouldn't hire her/him just because I would be offended that a foreigner was criticizing the country I call home.

Good luck to you though.

event.png

were-getting-married-1.gif

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Not everything is ideal here true.I lived in Netherlands for a while before US and loved it.But it was very difficult to find a good job there not being fluent in Dutch. For me US was a better option and the fact I was very young when I came here helped to adapt.

At first I wanted to blame this country and it's people for my failures too.But you have to reconcile yourself to the simple truth that everyone is in charge of their own life and decisions to certain extent.I am curious too,why can't you go back to great life in your home country?

My happiness is people I love, not good work and a lot of money.

When all is said and done US of A is not even close to the worst place a person could live.I learned to love this country and appreciate what it have given me.I would not have a better life in Ukraine,where I was born.

Be positive and open minded,be kind and good to people and they will treat you the same.

Edited by LanaMay

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.