omadodo

unfair embassy

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

hello,everyb

i got 3 visas as a tourist ,first one was at 1997,second was at 2001 .i travelled twice to usa and returned to egypt without any problems .the third visa i have got was at 2007 and i travelled to usa on january 2007 .before i come back to egypt just by one week ,i had a very big problem.my english language was poor ome c

and while i was at a store "clothes store" to buy some clothes ,i bought some staff and payed the cost at the cashier,and before i go out the store i remembered that i need some more staff so i went around in the store and took what i wanted and went toward the door to go out without i pay for the other staff i had bought ,i forgot to pay for it and went toward the door .before i reach the door "still inside the store" i found the security man catching me and said to me come with me upstairs please. at this moment i remembered that i might make a mistake .i asked him why ?.he didnot answer me and took me upstairs at the store .at that time i asked him many times what do want from me?,what wrong i did?.and he didnot answer me .within few minutes i found that the police reached and took me to the plice station and left me alone in a room without any talking with me .they took the staff ,and took my fingerprints .at that time i tried to say to them that i have paid that staff with my money and i have the reciepts ,because of my poor language they didnot understand me .i tried to tell themthat i need a lawyer or a translator ,they didnot understand and refused to listen to me or even to discuss me .the allowed me to go out after 6 hours .at that time i told some egyptians living with me about what happened with me and what i had to do,what are the solution to that problem .no one knew any information .

i was planningto go back to egypt because there was some problems with my dad and i am the only son for him .he was in a great trouble with bad people that were threatining him ,so i was obligated to go back to egypt .i didnot know any idea about the american law and that this may be a case at the court .at 2012 my visa was expired and i tried to go to the embassy to get another visa.at the date of the interview ,the consulate askedme if i had any arrests at the last visit to usa .i still have poor english spoken and the consulate talked with me in english ,so i didnot understand her and tried to discuss my situation with her .she 7refused to give the visa although i had 3 visas before .i tried to explain to her and without any benefits.please please please in the name of god ,if any solutions you have just tell me what i have to do ? are there any hope to solve this problem or not?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Progress Reports to Tourist Visas forum.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Solve problem of not getting another tourist visa ? What was the reason for refusal ? Most likely you will have very hard time ever obtaining a tourist visa again and you can't do anything about it.

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

You were trying to steal stuff, you got arrested, no more tourist visa. Pretty simple.

About the title of your post: Why do you think the consulate is unfair and what according to you is that false information?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Your title for the post is completely wrong, it seems you had a court hearing which you missed and you have had a police report of shoplifting.

Not knowing or one was not aware is not acceptable excuse, tourist visa is not a right it’s a privilege.

Did police give you any documents before they let you go?

There is not much you can do and it would be really difficult for you to get any visa in future.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

How is the embassy unfair? As they see the situation you were arrested while in America. Were you ever charged with the crime? Was there a court date that you missed? If you were not charged with the crime and no court date was ever scheduled than a good lawyer may be able to convince USCIS/consulate that you were arrested due to a misunderstanding. This was a good catch by the consulate!!!!

K1 Visa Timeline:

03/21/2012 Met in person

03/23/2012 Engaged

04/09/2012 I-129F mailed

04/13/2012 I-129F Received at TSC, forwarded to VSC

04/13/2012 NOA1 Date

04/13/2012 Check Cashed

04/19/2012 Received NOA1 letter

10/18/2012 NOA2-No RFE

10/23/2012 Received MNL case number from NVC

10/24/2012 Paid visa fee and scheduled interview

11/08/2012 Medical Completed

11/09/2012 CFO seminar and interview completed

11/19/2012 Interview USEM- VISA APPROVED

11/26/2012 Passport (and visa) in transit from post

11/27/2012 Visa Packet delivered/Air booked-business class all the way!!

12/05/2012 flew to Manila-CFO sticker-USA Bound

12/06/2012 Arrived USA-POE Washington DC!!!!!!!!!

12/12/2012 Wedding

event.png

event.png

Filed: Country: Denmark
Timeline

How is our embassy being 'unfair?' Who stole something, the embassy personnel..or you? Answer: You. Why should the US of A admit people who steal? Why should we believe you won't do it again? Why should we believe YOUR version of these events? I think it would be unfair to me, as an American taxpayer, if our embassy did give you a visa. What would the penalty have been in Egypt for stealing? Probably something worse than not getting a visa.

Amen

Husband's AOS Journey from VWP Entry

6/22/2012 Boyfriend entered US under VWP

9/15/2012 We got married!

9/21/2012 Stamp on passport expired

9/28/2012 Mailed I-130 & I-485 packets to Chicago Lock box via USPS Priority

10/2/2012 Received Date

10/4/2012 Notice Date

10/9/2012 Received text & email notifications for NOA (4 forms)

10/12/2012 Received hard copies of NOAs (all 4 forms- I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765)

10/15/2012 Received NOA with Biometrics Appointment

10/30/2012 Completed Biometrics (completed on date assigned)

12/11/2012 EAD & AP Approved

12/20/2012 EAD/AP Combo Card Arrived

2/6/2013 Notification for Interview

3/15/2013 Interview- APPROVED!!!! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why are you so desperate to obtain a Tourist Visa?

i was planning to go back to Egypt because there was some problems with my dad and i am the only son for him .he was in a great trouble with bad people that were threatening him ,so i was obligated to go back to Egypt

This makes no sense. You said you were in the US on a tourist visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

All I can say is that it is good that you stole stuff in the United States and not Egypt:

The law calls for the application of “Heraba,” an Islamic penalty for criminal actions that include overt robbery, murder, forcible taking of property with a weapon and vandalizing public facilities.

The penalties according to Azzazy’s bill are execution in the case of murder, or cutting one arm and one leg from opposite sides of the culprit’s body in the cases of robbery and forcible taking of property. If the taking of possessions is accompanied by murder, the penalty would be death or crucifixion, to be determined by the judge.

At least you got home with all your body parts intact eh sport?

hello,everyb

i got 3 visas as a tourist ,first one was at 1997,second was at 2001 .i travelled twice to usa and returned to egypt without any problems .the third visa i have got was at 2007 and i travelled to usa on january 2007 .before i come back to egypt just by one week ,i had a very big problem.my english language was poor ome c

and while i was at a store "clothes store" to buy some clothes ,i bought some staff and payed the cost at the cashier,and before i go out the store i remembered that i need some more staff so i went around in the store and took what i wanted and went toward the door to go out without i pay for the other staff i had bought ,i forgot to pay for it and went toward the door .before i reach the door "still inside the store" i found the security man catching me and said to me come with me upstairs please. at this moment i remembered that i might make a mistake .i asked him why ?.he didnot answer me and took me upstairs at the store .at that time i asked him many times what do want from me?,what wrong i did?.and he didnot answer me .within few minutes i found that the police reached and took me to the plice station and left me alone in a room without any talking with me .they took the staff ,and took my fingerprints .at that time i tried to say to them that i have paid that staff with my money and i have the reciepts ,because of my poor language they didnot understand me .i tried to tell themthat i need a lawyer or a translator ,they didnot understand and refused to listen to me or even to discuss me .the allowed me to go out after 6 hours .at that time i told some egyptians living with me about what happened with me and what i had to do,what are the solution to that problem .no one knew any information .

i was planningto go back to egypt because there was some problems with my dad and i am the only son for him .he was in a great trouble with bad people that were threatining him ,so i was obligated to go back to egypt .i didnot know any idea about the american law and that this may be a case at the court .at 2012 my visa was expired and i tried to go to the embassy to get another visa.at the date of the interview ,the consulate askedme if i had any arrests at the last visit to usa .i still have poor english spoken and the consulate talked with me in english ,so i didnot understand her and tried to discuss my situation with her .she 7refused to give the visa although i had 3 visas before .i tried to explain to her and without any benefits.please please please in the name of god ,if any solutions you have just tell me what i have to do ? are there any hope to solve this problem or not?

i don't get it.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Okkkkk... maybe misunderstanding , who knows but as the person say its not a right and

if U have no close relative here, there's no visa coming... I nust say I was in a major

dept store one day picked up an item browsed and then left, I walked to the food court

sat down to eat my pretzel when a lady alert me to something dropping off me, it was a

tiny cheap looking brown belt that must have attached itself to me while walking thru the

racks, I hurridly retuned to that store and hand it to a cashier and walked away...so

one never knows

Millions of people get tourist visas with no close relatives in the US

Okkkkk... maybe misunderstanding , who knows but as the person say its not a right and

if U have no close relative here, there's no visa coming... I nust say I was in a major

dept store one day picked up an item browsed and then left, I walked to the food court

sat down to eat my pretzel when a lady alert me to something dropping off me, it was a

tiny cheap looking brown belt that must have attached itself to me while walking thru the

racks, I hurridly retuned to that store and hand it to a cashier and walked away...so

one never knows

i don't get it.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

hello,everyb

You are ridiculous. Why is it unfair to deny a visitor visa to you; a person who admitted he did not pay for the stuff that he was walking out of the store with???? It is completely fair to say visitors who come to the US and commit crimes are no longer welcome. Would you let a person who stole from your house back in????? Heck no.

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

you not saying the truth, how u can visit america 3 times and you never learn to speak English even to said that u have receipt for the stuff u have , something else , how you can be in tourist visa but u need to back because your dad needs you?

something else embassy did the right thing , your story did not make sense at all and if you like to travel why you always choose USA to visit ? GO TO PARIS , GO TO EUROPE , WHY YOU JUST WANT TO GET HERE?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.