Gary and Alla

Congratulations Mr President

144 posts in this topic

It took you a while, but you've finally figured it out. Better late than never. Instead of paying for your food stamps, could I just send you some canned goods once in a while? :devil:

Or you could move to Australia. The government feeds the poor filet mignon, caviar, the finest wine and cognac and everyone gets a free Lexus with free gas for life.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

It took you a while, but you've finally figured it out. Better late than never. Instead of paying for your food stamps, could I just send you some canned goods once in a while? :devil:

Or you could move to Australia. The government feeds the poor filet mignon, caviar, the finest wine and cognac and everyone gets a free Lexus with free gas for life.

But Australia has BooYah. That's reason enough to steer well clear. :devil:

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

I get it.

If you are a woman it is best to be unable to afford your own birth control and need to get that from the government, or ask the government to FORCE someone else to pay for it. That is what Americans want. I get it.

Helping the poor means increasing the number of people on food stamps. I get it. That's what America wants.

10% of the population pays for 70% of government programs, 47% pay nothing. I get it.

So I am no longer going to pay for it after this year, I am opting out because I can. I am formulating the plan and laying out the ways to do it. 2012 is a goner, I will have to pay tax this year. I will keep things as they are for a short time as I figure out the best route. Going back to self employment will be the first step, I can easily do this. I am past the point of having to provide Affidavits of Support and all that rot. I can reduce my taxabale income nearly to -0- with legitmate business expenses and costs; vehicle, home office, depreciation, etc. All perfectly legal under the wonderful tax code Americans want to keep. My family are now citizens and the I-864 has been burned. They are as welcome as any citizen to get benefits. Having a family of four raises the amount I can make and still receive benefits.

Personal responsibility and achievement get ridiculed and trashed. I pay more than $800 per month for medical insurance, up 30% since "Obamacare". Add my co-pays for medications and I pay more for medical expenses every month than I do for my house. That's ridiculous and I will not do it much longer. Dropping my income below the level needed to qualify for VHAP (medicaid) for the whole family will be easy and easily made up by the savings in monthly costs. So I will join the people getting medicaid. We can get dental care for 15% of actual cost and no addl. cost for the benefit. I have no dental insurance now. I can get our eyeglasses and contact lenses and eye exams covered.

With a family of 3 citizens at home I will qualify for food stamps and easily get into the bottom 47% and pay no income tax. I still have college tuition expenses as credits..refundable, and I will drop into the EITC range and get money back even though I pay none in. My lifestyle will not change, but someone else can pay for it and Obama will feel better that he "helped" someone else. I can easily whip up $2000 in monthly benefits just by changing my employment status. Home heating assistance will be great in Vermont! Pay my gas bill please, thank you. I can also go through "Efficiency Vermont" and get a new furnace (90% efficient) and insulation and I need 4 more new windows. I have spent thousands replacing all the windows in this place except 4 in the sunroom. Someone else will pay for them now. Free lunches at school for Pasha and breakfast too!

I am sure liberals will be proud of me. It is what they want. And they are pro choice so they will not mind me making this choice. Alla finally confessed she voted for Obama so she is all on board with this. We can get a larger grant for her education and more money for Pasha when he goes to college in Pell Grants.

Sorry guys, I am just not going to pay for this nonsense anymore. Go ahead and do it if you want, but it is just way too easy to opt out and keep my money for myself. It is not tax evasion, it is simply using the tax code the American voters chose and lowering my income by working less. I will actually lower my income. I will have more time for my family, more time for fun, and someone else can pay for it...one of those rich guys.

As I put this together I will keep y'all informed so you can help Obama to succeed also. The first step will be to take the voluntary lay-off this winter. I usually stayed and worked...like an idiot. Dealt with winter weather, driving all over the state in bad weather. No thanks. We will go to Ukraine for winter semester break, down to Houston for spring break and visit Sergey, maybe to the Carribean. I will collect unemployment, file for VHAP, heating assistance, food stamps, etc. When the unemployment runs out or they call me back to work, I will revert to self employed. That's part 1. Still working on the rest. I dubt if I will get TV service, probably go skiing 2-3 days a week when Alla is in class. Fishing in the spring!

:dance::dance::dance:

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I understand what you are saying Gary. The wife and I were just talking about that today. Trying to find a way to get our income down below the magic 250K number, but haven't figured it out yet. We will be working less and doing a lot more for cash and changing our retirement so we can contribute a huge amount. It's the way to play the game now that the rules are about to change.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

I understand what you are saying Gary. The wife and I were just talking about that today. Trying to find a way to get our income down below the magic 250K number, but haven't figured it out yet. We will be working less and doing a lot more for cash and changing our retirement so we can contribute a huge amount. It's the way to play the game now that the rules are about to change.

I assume you meant tax sheltering our income?

Funny-quotes-Daffy-Duck.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Good for you!

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

:whistle: Getting below 250k was the easy part.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Sure you do because you are intelligent. Anyone with a brain sees where this is going and I do not want to pay for it.

I know one acquaintance who just went to a cash only policy for his business. That is another option I will consider. I will even offer discounts for it. BTW our local hospital gives a 50% discount to uninsured patients who pay themselves. Considering some of the insurance plans charge a fortune and then pay only 50% that is an option also for people in high deductible plans. Maybe something you can consider.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hoorah for G-Bone, si man! :thumbs:

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).