shenayth

Will i Be Barred ??? HELP !!

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You now what is sad about this is no lawyer said DO NOT LEAVE THE US OR YOU ARE BARRED. This is sad.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Never EVER lie to immigration....EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbs:

Met online : 2009
Married : 07/28/2010

USCIS
Send I-130 : 06/08/2011
Touched : 06/13/2011
got a NOA1 by e-mail and SMS : 06/15/2011
got "I-797C" hard copy of NOA1 : 06/20/2011
got RFE "I-797E" : 10/15/2011
RFE Reply : 12/15/2011
Touched : 12/16/2011
I-130 Approved : 12/20/2011
got "I-797" hard copy of NOA2 : 12/24/2011
Your I-130 was approved in 183 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC
NVC Case Number : 01/13/2012
Pay "$88" AOS Bill and e-mailed DS-3032 : 02/08/2012
Email from NVC, DS-3032 Accepted : 02/09/2012
AOS Fee Shows PAID : 02/09/2012
IV fee invoiced "$404" : 02/10/2012
IV fee invoiced "$230" : 04/18/2012
Pay "$230" IV Bill : 04/30/2012
IV Fee Shows PAID : 05/02/2012
Send AOS and IV packet : 06/09/2012
AOS and IV packet Received : 06/22/2012
Case completed at NVC : 06/29/2012

Interview Date : 08/28/2012 "Denied"

Case Reaffirmed : 07/16/2013

Second interview - Approved : 10/24/2013

Visa Issued : 10/29/2013

Visa in hand : 10/31/2013

For more details please visit my timeline

485.gif

Filed: Timeline

Hello Shenayth, and welcome to VJ.

I am sorry you are in this situation. Always remember that lying to USCIS will get you a lifetime bar for misrepresentation. Telling the truth gives you a fighting chance. Check out the link below. It is Immigrate2US and they specialize in hardship cases. Good luck.

http://immigrate2us.net/forum/content.php

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

There is no waiver available for family members of LPRs, only USC. He received a 10 year ban upon leaving the US. If you don't believe the US will know you overstayed, which it is your burden to prove you didn't, Google your name and see what shows up. Then remember the US government has access to databases that you can't access by Google.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

There is no waiver available for family members of LPRs, only USC. He received a 10 year ban upon leaving the US. If you don't believe the US will know you overstayed, which it is your burden to prove you didn't, Google your name and see what shows up. Then remember the US government has access to databases that you can't access by Google.

It's not only about saying "no" to having been in the US. That's one lie which eventually will become several the minute OP sees the forms and creates a whole history in home country. Because there is no history. School, doctor, adresses, job etc. None.

OP, the sooner you go to interview, the sooner the ban will go into effect and the faster it'll be before the 10 years are over.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OP you will have to show school records, proof of address, bank accts being used over time here, now even if U had a bank acct (if u were older) it would be dormant maybbe, if you had a person to doctor papers for you, you will have trouble here too; 6 wks ago in the news police was called in to consulate where anapplicant had presented doctored docs, he was arrested on spot, OP chill u r young try going to another country and spending some time back and forth there, I know the culture is hard to get back into as the system is slower and jobs R few, but dont play with your freedom or a lifetime ban, it will work out you R not a criminal. Best wishes

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

PLEASE READ MY STORY !!!! ...HELPP!!! ....

im 20 years old, my father is a u.s permenant resident.

when i was 17 he put in my papers and now, at 20 i recived my interview date from he u.s. embassy in kingston jamaica.

ive been living in then u.s all my life, when in was three i got a b1/b2 ten year visa, and of course i overstayed it wasnt my choice i was a child.

on the 20th of october i came back to jamaica so i can make it for my interview date. allthe lawyers talked to told me ide be barred the ten years.

my question is how will the embassy know that i did not return to the country before my 18th birthday ?

if they ask couldnt i just lie ?

The decisions made in the past were poor. The advice was the same. The understanding of the situation and its impact on your life was bad. Lying would end your misery by resulting in a life time ban. You would then know exactly where you stand and live.

You now have a chance and a choice. Take the advise given here to find a way to come back to the USA legally. Respect the fact that the USA is a country of laws and learn to live within them.

Filed: Timeline

Thank you, GlobeHopperMama, for bringing your expertise to the thread. Shenayth, this is the member you want to pay attention to.

Please, VisaJourney members, try to familiarize yourself with the law you're referring to before you tell people legal information. Immigration is a complex area of law, and the fact that this is a DIY site is awesome, but we've got to avoid blatant misinformation, too, or the quality of this site is diminished!

^^This deserves repeating. It is very frustrating when members wantonly post erroneous information without knowing whether it is true or not. These are people's lives you are playing with. You could, unintentionally, place them at serious risk. Please think twice before you post. Thank you.

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

Thank you, GlobeHopperMama, for bringing your expertise to the thread. Shenayth, this is the member you want to pay attention to.

^^This deserves repeating. It is very frustrating when members wantonly post erroneous information without knowing whether it is true or not. These are people's lives you are playing with. You could, unintentionally, place them at serious risk. Please think twice before you post. Thank you.

I totally agree, and at times ppl have to have a heart when someone is hit with a surprising life changing event, he is

young and scared , lets not be too judgemental but offer good words of courage, OP if you lie it will go against you, your

dad is here you will make it back legally hon. dont do anything stupid, life may be a little different in the coming months

but god will work a way for you , let your dad get a new atty...................have faith and hope.

Please, VisaJourney members, try to familiarize yourself with the law you're referring to before you tell people legal information. Immigration is a complex area of law, and the fact that this is a DIY site is awesome, but we've got to avoid blatant misinformation, too, or the quality of this site is diminished

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Edited by Vicomi

K1 Visa - Dates in UK format

02/05/2012 I-129F Sent
07/05/2012 I-129F NOA1
02/11/2012 I-129F NOA2
14/11/2012 NVC Left
29/11/2012 Packet 3 Received
07/12/2012 Medical
12/12/2012 Packet 3 Sent
30/01/2013 Packet 4 Received
20/02/2013 Interview Date - Approved!
28/02/2013 Visa Received
03/06/2013 US Entry smile.png

22/06/2013 Marriage (Beautiful day) heart.gifrose.gif

AOS & EAD - Dates in US format

07/29/2013 Filing date

08/06/2013 NOA1

08/28/2013 Biometrics Apt

06/23/2014 Green Card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.