cyhe

k1 visa under administrative review

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Have patience out there.I have been and still in Administrative Processing for over 9 months now.I went to the interview on December 6,2011 and still i haven't heard from the US embassy here in Accra and when i called them,they keep on repeating to me to wait as my case is still undergoing Administrative Processing.There is nothing we can do but just wait and pray.Your case is just premature (one month only ) and mine is over 9 months going to 10 months and i am still waiting.We only have to pray that,our prayers will be heard.Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Please note..If you get AP or AR then please make your mind that the processing is being done for Petitioner side. If you get 221G then something you are lacking from your end (beneficiary end)...Please do complete it if you get 221 G. 221G always asks something which would make your relationship stronger for Consular. That's it... Do it and get your visa.

Thanks

blink.gif Can you elaborate on this? I have never heard about this before.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dear VJ, I just want to share my experience regarding my k1 visa application. I had my interview last August 22, 2012 with the US Embassy Manila. It went good and I was told to just wait for my visa. Then days pass by I called the USEM to inquire the status of my k1 visa then she told me that our case is under administrative review. And further she told me that they don't need any document for the meantime. And this makes us so stressed coz we don't know whats going on with our papers. Now its one month already but havent heard anything from them. What should we do now? Its kinda torture on our part not knowing the reasons why we are placed in admin review. Please give me insights about this matter. Thank you so much VJ! more power!

Hi,

The only thing i know will help to get your visa is, ask help from your petitioner senator, tell the senator about

your case, because the election is so near and the president wants all the illegal immigrants to have their status

here so they're slowing the process or hold some issuance of visa everywhere.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Dear VJ, I just want to share my experience regarding my k1 visa application. I had my interview last August 22, 2012 with the US Embassy Manila. It went good and I was told to just wait for my visa. Then days pass by I called the USEM to inquire the status of my k1 visa then she told me that our case is under administrative review. And further she told me that they don't need any document for the meantime. And this makes us so stressed coz we don't know whats going on with our papers. Now its one month already but havent heard anything from them. What should we do now? Its kinda torture on our part not knowing the reasons why we are placed in admin review. Please give me insights about this matter. Thank you so much VJ! more power!

dont lose any sleep over it, nothing you can do. cant get it until they done with it inside so hopefully they get it sorted out. i did my interview the 14th of sept and still waiting. sure it sucks but what else am im going to do

Edited by djricky4

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The Embassy might be checking up on some of your documents such as your NBI clearance or your CENOMAR. They sometimes do so.

Has your petitioner emailed the Embassy?

My Fiancee called USEM through Visa Section to verify the status and that was the time we found out that we are under Admin Review. The while he was here in Manila he was the one calling the embassy but still the answer are the same. It's frustrating coz we really dont know the reason and the embassy dont want to disclose the reasons why so it makes us so bothered and frustrated. Anyway, all we have to do i think but to wait for it. It's frustrating.

My Fiancee called USEM through Visa Section to verify the status and that was the time we found out that we are under Admin Review. The while he was here in Manila he was the one calling the embassy but still the answer are the same. It's frustrating coz we really dont know the reason and the embassy dont want to disclose the reasons why so it makes us so bothered and frustrated. Anyway, all we have to do i think but to wait for it. It's frustrating.

If your case is relatively straightforward, I doubt this is anything other than a routine, random AR. They do that with a certain percentage of visas. It's just a random sample, thorough QA check to ensure their procedures are tight and nothing is getting by them. I'm betting you'll get by this soon...just hang in there.

ROC

06/15/2013 - I-751 Sent

06/19/2013 - NOA 1

07/17/2013 - Biometrics

08/19/2013 - Case transferred from VSC to CSC

09/17/2013 - Approved!

09/23/2013 - Received approval notice.

10/09/2013 - Card received. Fini!

N400

12/18/2017 - N400 submitted

12/19/2017 - NOA

01/09/2018 - Biometrics

04/10/2018 - Interview

04/27/2018 - Oath

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

This is the first that I've heard this. Provide a link with your source for the supposed information, please.

This is the first that I've heard of this, too. Please provide a link with your source for the supposed information.

Sometime, you do not need a source.

Consular provide the 221G when they are not convinced with the relationship or not satisfied with the documents you provided.

Some people get the 221g for "Voting Proof" and for "Proof of Wedding Plans in USA"...Have you seen any 221 G White Slip ever before? Do you see any column for these kind of documents? Why they ask for this kind of document even when you do not have any source for this and even DOS clearly states that do not make any arrangements before getting the Visa.

Even when you ask them, they don't answer for what they have demanded from beneficiary.

You won't get any source for this in any USCIS or related website.

AP/AR is mostly done for Petitioner background check hence it goes back to DOS. And it takes 2 months at least for them.

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

u will need to wait until they finished with your AP. Good luck

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Timeline

awwww so sorry to hear this one but,Im sure theyre going to give your visa soon keep trying to call them sis :) goodluck and we'll pray for you

OH MARY CONCEIVED WITHOUT SIN, PLS PRAY FOR US WHO HAVE RECOURSE TO thee

Timeline

Tell your fiancee to get help from his senator here in the US, the senator will help both of you to get through in this. That's what we did.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Tell your fiancee to get help from his senator here in the US, the senator will help both of you to get through in this. That's what we did.

Hi! Thanks for the help. How many days was your k1 visa was placed in Admin Review? We're exactly one month last sept 22, 2012. Is it okay to ask the Senator's help even if we're just one month under AR? Thanks again. Your info will be a great help for us.

Please note..If you get AP or AR then please make your mind that the processing is being done for Petitioner side. If you get 221G then something you are lacking from your end (beneficiary end)...Please do complete it if you get 221 G. 221G always asks something which would make your relationship stronger for Consular. That's it... Do it and get your visa.

None of what you are asserting is true at the U.S. Embassy Manila (USEM).

AP/AR at the USEM often results from the Embassy's decision to order their own copy of the beneficiary's CENOMAR/CENMAR/Certificate of Marriage/NBI clearance. None of these have anything to do with the petitioner.

Also, the USEM often issues an MNL-IV-22 (221g) that says "wait until you hear from us." In those cases, there is nothing lacking from the beneficiary, and the USEM does not require the beneficiary to submit any documents.

Also, most of the 221g's from the USEM don't ask for documents which would make the relationship stronger. Most of them ask for documents which support the I-134.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Sometime, you do not need a source.

Consular provide the 221G when they are not convinced with the relationship or not satisfied with the documents you provided.

Some people get the 221g for "Voting Proof" and for "Proof of Wedding Plans in USA"...Have you seen any 221 G White Slip ever before? Do you see any column for these kind of documents? Why they ask for this kind of document even when you do not have any source for this and even DOS clearly states that do not make any arrangements before getting the Visa.

Even when you ask them, they don't answer for what they have demanded from beneficiary.

You won't get any source for this in any USCIS or related website.

AP/AR is mostly done for Petitioner background check hence it goes back to DOS. And it takes 2 months at least for them.

From what can be deciphered, this is some of the worst, most inaccurate information ever seen on VJ. The visa interview is for the beneficiary. The beneficiary is the one placed on AP or AR. It's during the petition process that the petitioner is evaluated. What the dickens is "voting proof"?

If you make claims and have no official or experiential source to back those claims, you're merely blowing smoke. People here can say what they want, but precise and correct information is crucial for people who are relying on what they read as they navigate the petition & visa processes. One wrong assumption can cost people years, thousand of dollars, and untold heartache. Please refrain from offering authoritative-sounding advice unless you have an official source or you've studied and read enough here to convey accurate, reliable information.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.