cyhe

k1 visa under administrative review

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dear VJ, I just want to share my experience regarding my k1 visa application. I had my interview last August 22, 2012 with the US Embassy Manila. It went good and I was told to just wait for my visa. Then days pass by I called the USEM to inquire the status of my k1 visa then she told me that our case is under administrative review. And further she told me that they don't need any document for the meantime. And this makes us so stressed coz we don't know whats going on with our papers. Now its one month already but havent heard anything from them. What should we do now? Its kinda torture on our part not knowing the reasons why we are placed in admin review. Please give me insights about this matter. Thank you so much VJ! more power!

Timeline

Wow cant believe this. I had my interview last september 11 and i have my visa already. I was worried before also because they gave me a 221g form but they dont asked additional documents. They were also told me to wait my visa and luckily i got it. Hope you will get a good news from them. YOur situation is sucks but keep calling the embassy if whats going on. God bless

Never regret. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it’s experience.

- Victoria Holt

Timeline

Wow cant believe this. I had my interview last september 11 and i have my visa already. I was worried before also because they gave me a 221g form but they dont asked additional documents. They were also told me to wait my visa and luckily i got it. Hope you will get a good news from them. YOur situation is sucks but keep calling the embassy if whats going on. God bless

I just called USEM this afternoon and the agent told me that its still on review and she will ask the officer about the status. It was so frustrating and disappointing. Hopefully It will be released ASAP. And one more its frustrating they never gave us 221g form, we only found that we are in Admin Review when we called them sept 10.

Timeline

Dear VJ, I just want to share my experience regarding my k1 visa application. I had my interview last August 22, 2012 with the US Embassy Manila. It went good and I was told to just wait for my visa. Then days pass by I called the USEM to inquire the status of my k1 visa then she told me that our case is under administrative review. And further she told me that they don't need any document for the meantime. And this makes us so stressed coz we don't know whats going on with our papers. Now its one month already but havent heard anything from them. What should we do now? Its kinda torture on our part not knowing the reasons why we are placed in admin review. Please give me insights about this matter. Thank you so much VJ! more power!

'

hi. just be patient in waiting.. we had the same situation before.. but after a 1 month of waiting i got my visa..=) they just doing background check to u or either ur petioner.. it will be ok soon...just keep on praying..God will always be there for both of u..TC and Godbless..

im sorry about this, but im just curious if there are any red flags that you can think of for this to happen? praying for you guys and hope things will get better

}Our Journey{

--October 22, 2010 * Started talking online "As friends"

--November 20,2010 * Became a couple (Started Dating)

--December 18,2011 * Met in person for first time @ Davao Int. Airport

--January 3,2012 * Returned to the US (saddest day of our lives)

--May 19,2012 * I-129F finally sent YAY!

--May 21,2012 * Packet 1 was received at Dallas Lockbox Facility

--May 23,2012 * First Notice Of Action (NOA1)

--May 24,2012 * $340.00 Check is Cashed By Department of Homeland Services

--May 29,2012 * Form I-797C NOA1 Received From USCIS California Service Center

--August 16,2012 * APPROVED I-129F!!! WOO! :) :) :)

--August 20,2012 * Second Notice Of Action Rcvd (NOA2 Hardcopy)

}*{Patience brings things worth waiting for}*{

Timeline

'

hi. just be patient in waiting.. we had the same situation before.. but after a 1 month of waiting i got my visa..=) they just doing background check to u or either ur petioner.. it will be ok soon...just keep on praying..God will always be there for both of u..TC and Godbless..

Yeah you're right all we have to do is to wait but its kinda torture already. Been waiting for this for so long already. Hopefully we'll be able to recieved it ASAP. Thanks for the message.

Timeline

im sorry about this, but im just curious if there are any red flags that you can think of for this to happen? praying for you guys and hope things will get better

Nohing red flags at all coz our papers are complete and the officer didn't asked for anything additional documents from us even after the interview, he just told me to wait for my number to be called. then the last personnel in the last window told me to go home and wait for my visa. that's the reason why we are so stressed coz we don't know whats going on with our papers. Hopefully everything will be okay.

Nohing red flags at all coz our papers are complete and the officer didn't asked for anything additional documents from us even after the interview, he just told me to wait for my number to be called. then the last personnel in the last window told me to go home and wait for my visa. that's the reason why we are so stressed coz we don't know whats going on with our papers. Hopefully everything will be okay.

keep the faith up and continue praying.. our thoughts are with you.. God bless :)

}Our Journey{

--October 22, 2010 * Started talking online "As friends"

--November 20,2010 * Became a couple (Started Dating)

--December 18,2011 * Met in person for first time @ Davao Int. Airport

--January 3,2012 * Returned to the US (saddest day of our lives)

--May 19,2012 * I-129F finally sent YAY!

--May 21,2012 * Packet 1 was received at Dallas Lockbox Facility

--May 23,2012 * First Notice Of Action (NOA1)

--May 24,2012 * $340.00 Check is Cashed By Department of Homeland Services

--May 29,2012 * Form I-797C NOA1 Received From USCIS California Service Center

--August 16,2012 * APPROVED I-129F!!! WOO! :) :) :)

--August 20,2012 * Second Notice Of Action Rcvd (NOA2 Hardcopy)

}*{Patience brings things worth waiting for}*{

The Embassy might be checking up on some of your documents such as your NBI clearance or your CENOMAR. They sometimes do so.

Has your petitioner emailed the Embassy?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Yemen
Timeline

Our case was under administrative processing for 5 months. But I don't know if that is the same as administrative review. They had everything and they told us to just wait. 5 months later we were asked to bring in the passport. Just be patient. This is the hardest part ever!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You should be able to find information, insights, support, and solace in the VJ forum that deals with waivers & AP:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/113-waivers-i-601-and-i-212-and-administrative-processes-221g/

Think about posting a message in that forum -- not a duplicate of your message here, but a link to your message here with a "can you please join in my thread?" appeal.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Please note..If you get AP or AR then please make your mind that the processing is being done for Petitioner side. If you get 221G then something you are lacking from your end (beneficiary end)...Please do complete it if you get 221 G. 221G always asks something which would make your relationship stronger for Consular. That's it... Do it and get your visa.

Thanks

Filed: Timeline

Oh no that's really frustrating. We just had my fiancé interview on Sep. 18 and his visa was already available on Sep. 21...now leaving the country this Oct. 5.

:wow: I’m wondering what was the reason that your case under AR...My advice is let the petitioner call the embassy let him/her talked to them. Usually USEM-Manila takes about less than 3months to approved/deny your case after they put it on AP or AR.

Let just pray that things will be okay...just believe!!! God bless u

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
If you get AP or AR then please make your mind that the processing is being done for Petitioner side.
This is the first that I've heard this. Provide a link with your source for the supposed information, please.
221G always asks something which would make your relationship stronger for Consular.
This is the first that I've heard of this, too. Please provide a link with your source for the supposed information. Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.