Anabolic_Ben

Are Bar Girls Disqualified From Getting a Visa?

113 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wait wait -- did the OP pay her for her services??

:unsure:

It does not matter. Having sex for money is Prostitution. Buying a girl a drink and having it for free is one thing. But, buying a girl drink, paying the Madaam and giving her $10.00 is another. Prostitution is the exchange of money for sex. No matter with who.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I guess you told me... Ridiculous! Because making comments about degrading herself has anything to do with anything. I am not uncomfortable with this thread but thanks for your random order not to visit. There are people responding to OP about the facts. Then their those making character judgements implying basically because someone is involved in this lifestyle they dont deserve to be married. We are all taking risks bringing someone to this country.

People are replying based on the facts that the OP presented. If you feel uncomfortable with those facts, do not visit the thread.

FWIW: asking about the couple's sexual history is fair game in an interview. The OP knows this and is trying to determine what impact that may have.

The background check in the beneficiary's country may reveal that she worked at a bar girl. If it's not disclosed (or lied about), then at the interview it could be classed as a material misrepresentation. Denial, ban.

Getting input from others in the Asia:East and Pacific forum may be helpful. I don't recall seeing this specific topic discussed recently. Do a search to see what you can find.

OP, be as sure as you can that you've got a solid relationship for all the reasons that have been mentioned. Ultimately that is what the CO wants to determine. If your fiancee cannot convey that in the interview, it's less likely that a visa will be issued.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I don't know about Phom Phen embassy but I know that as Karee said that at the Bangkok embassy if you even mention working in a bar, no visa. In fact there were posts in regional forums that even working in "certain" cities, even in a hotel or restaurant, kept people from getting visas. My sense is that if you put down her employment history and check the box on the form in Packet 3 that your fiancee engaged in prostitution in the last ten years you probably won't even make to the interview stage.

Edited by khwaidee1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I am always a firm believer of "never lie to the USCIS" because it will come out and then there will be a world of trouble.

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

I guess you told me... Ridiculous! Because making comments about degrading herself has anything to do with anything. I am not uncomfortable with this thread but thanks for your random order not to visit. There are people responding to OP about the facts. Then their those making character judgements implying basically because someone is involved in this lifestyle they dont deserve to be married. We are all taking risks bringing someone to this country.

No one ever said that she doesn't deserve to get married and find happiness.

But let's face it.... a leopard never changes it's spots.

Twice. :unsure:

~awkward :unsure:

USCIS - CSC/LOCAL OFFICE DC

12/5/11: NOA1

4/25/12: Case Transferred to Local Office (DC) for "Additional Processing"

4/27/12: Case Received at Local Office

5/15/12: RFE (daughter's birth cert)

5/15/12: RFE Evidence Sent (never received)

8/10/12: Infopass, evidence handed to officer adjudicating case

8/13/12: NOA2

NVC

8/20/12: Case Received

8/31/12: Case #/IIN Received

8/31/12: DS3032 Sent

9/11/12: ERROR MESSAGE! biggrin.png

9/13/12: AOS and IV bill INVOICED, Made AOS and IV bill payments, Mailed AOS and IV paperwork via USPS Priority Mail

9/14/12: AOS/IV marked as PAID

9/17/12: AOS delivered

9/20/12: IV delivered

9/25/12: AOS reviewed/accepted

9/26/12: IV reviewed/accepted

9/26/12: CASE COMPLETE11/27/12: Received Interview Date

01/11/13: Interview in San Salvador

03/15/13: 2nd Interview in SNS due to delayed medical report

I-601

3/21/13: Mailed to lockbox

3/22/13: Received at lockbox

9/25/13: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

No one ever said that she doesn't deserve to get married and find happiness.

But let's face it.... a leopard never changes it's spots.

~awkward :unsure:

Thats alittle Judgemental to me. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes without realizing their doing it. Then it comes back and bites. This is what I see here.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Instead of judging the OP, or this girl, can people stick to just answering the question for once?

Instead of judging the OP, or this girl, can people stick to just answering the question for once?

The question was answered. Don't lie to USCIS. She'll be barred. End of story.

Besides, everyone should know by now that this is the internet. It is a public forum. Not everyone shares the same discretion or tact when answering questions. You don't like the answers? Don't ask the question. Simple as that.

Edited by ullnvrkno

USCIS - CSC/LOCAL OFFICE DC

12/5/11: NOA1

4/25/12: Case Transferred to Local Office (DC) for "Additional Processing"

4/27/12: Case Received at Local Office

5/15/12: RFE (daughter's birth cert)

5/15/12: RFE Evidence Sent (never received)

8/10/12: Infopass, evidence handed to officer adjudicating case

8/13/12: NOA2

NVC

8/20/12: Case Received

8/31/12: Case #/IIN Received

8/31/12: DS3032 Sent

9/11/12: ERROR MESSAGE! biggrin.png

9/13/12: AOS and IV bill INVOICED, Made AOS and IV bill payments, Mailed AOS and IV paperwork via USPS Priority Mail

9/14/12: AOS/IV marked as PAID

9/17/12: AOS delivered

9/20/12: IV delivered

9/25/12: AOS reviewed/accepted

9/26/12: IV reviewed/accepted

9/26/12: CASE COMPLETE11/27/12: Received Interview Date

01/11/13: Interview in San Salvador

03/15/13: 2nd Interview in SNS due to delayed medical report

I-601

3/21/13: Mailed to lockbox

3/22/13: Received at lockbox

9/25/13: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As others posted you tell them what you want them to know. We were very honest in our process but I met my fiancee at a regular bar and not girlie or bikini bar. I would just inform them that you met in a bar with no specifics as to type. I am sure your fiancee's job description was something like waitress, server etc. Use that. You are not lying at this point just not offering up more than required. Now at her interview they may ask the type of bar. Just make sure your stories match is my advice with being honest as you believe you can. People change but maybe in this process it will be frowned upon. I am no expert though. Good luck!

Thats alittle Judgemental to me. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes without realizing their doing it. Then it comes back and bites. This is what I see here.

:thumbs: Tim/Mav- I agree. I do not believe any male or female working in a bar leasing their services actually wanted to sign up for that type of work. In developing countries it is a means to put food on the table. Then the person's fmaily gets used to the money and wham, before one knows it they have a career they never really wanted to sign up for. Kudos to those that can get away from it and to the OP for trying to make his relationhip work with her...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

:thumbs: Tim/Mav- I agree. I do not believe any male or female working in a bar leasing their services actually wanted to sign up for that type of work. In developing countries it is a means to put food on the table. Then the person's fmaily gets used to the money and wham, before one knows it they have a career they never really wanted to sign up for. Kudos to those that can get away from it and to the OP for trying to make his relationhip work with her...

:thumbs:

Timeline

The real and original question from the OP was: I met her in a bar, paid for sex. Will her K-1/Visa Application be thrown out.

You see, what seemed OK at that time in that bar and country is now a thorn since things change and wish to File a 129-F and full-disclosure to USCIS. This is why the OP is asking: What are the chances of approval? There are many replies for the OP to review and decide. My reply is the same: What a Tough Place to be in. Review my replies. I find it very honest for the OP to ask and deserves our best answers but were only human too.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello friends,

This is a bit embarrassing, but I hope you can help :help:

I am in the process of applying for a K-1 visa for my Khmer fiance. However, when I met her she was working at a bar and there was an exchange of money for services on two occasions. She had only been working at the bar for 2 weeks and had never left with a man before.

We are trying to decide whether to be honest and disclose this in our cover letters or lie and say we met somewhere else. Does the former disqualify her from getting a visa? It will no doubt raise suspicion, and the embassy there already has a very high denial rate from what I've heard.

I know "just worked there for 2 weeks" sounds like a BS story but it's the truth so if you could please answer under the assumption of so I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks! :)

Ok, so this is about BOTH of you confessing to a crime. Let's say you're petitioning her and they do a background on both, denied. Let's say you're approved BUT put on AP and they visit her job, denied and banned. Don't they have to disclose their jobs in the biographical form? They will know, somehow.

Everyone deserves love and second chances, unless the second chance WILL be detrimental to anyone's health (physical, mental, etc.). That's my strong belief. For instance, giving a second chance to a violent abuser will be, not only incredibly stupid, but also life threatening. Now, giving a second chance to an 'ex-player' who genuinely wants to leave that lifestyle behind and settle down, may work out (as long as that person doesn't carry any sexually transmitted diseases). The issue at hand the OP should evaluate is: is it worth for me to expose myself with a government institution- let alone USCIS- in hopes to hold a serious relationship that may be doomed in the first place? The reason I say that stems over the fact this behavior has proven to be a common fraud trait. Is the beneficiary worthy of this benefit and the privilege of receiving my love and a second chance?

All those judgments should be left to the OP, however... to the OP, please listen to all opinions as hard as they may be. Do research. Immigrations fraud is notorious and we'd hate to see you become a victim.

Good luck

Edited by NY_BX

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.