Anabolic_Ben

Are Bar Girls Disqualified From Getting a Visa?

113 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Wow wasn't expecting near so many responses within 24 hours, but the topic is no doubt a hot button issue that invokes emotions from just about everyone.

I really don't want to get into a moral discussion about prostitution but to those who gave pragmatic advice on what I asked about thank you.

I think I have the answer I was looking for so I want to thank everybody for their help.

Cheers :)

:thumbs:

You know, there are a lot of people who are not pro-choice and think the government should tell a woman what to do with her body. They can't resist the chance to oppress women further. Shame. Good luck, you know the score.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

How blatantly unsympathetic is that response?

So you're mad because I said that a prostitute is a prostitute? Did that hurt your feelings or something? The fact of the matter is that when you are exchanging money for sex, that is prostitution. Period. The US government doesn't want prostitutes coming over here, which is why they ask about it on the form. Don't like it? Neither do I, particularly, but that's the way it goes.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

In the OP's case it seems possible to honestly answer no to all 3 questions. Considering question #2, have you been a prostitute? Unless your are charged with the crime and convicted, the answer is no, in the eyes of the state. Only a court of law can deem you a prostitute. Anything else is personal opinion.

This is incorrect. The question does no ask if you have been convicted of prostitution, it asks if you have been a prostitute. USCIS is concerned with crimes that you have committed even if you weren't convicted of them. The questions are phrased in a way that makes this extraordinarily clear, so I suggest you go back and read it again. For example, you might want to re-read the following:

Have you EVER, in or outside the United States, knowingly committed any crime of moral turpitude or a drug-related offense for which you have not been arrested?

Timeline

So you're mad because I said that a prostitute is a prostitute? Did that hurt your feelings or something? The fact of the matter is that when you are exchanging money for sex, that is prostitution. Period. The US government doesn't want prostitutes coming over here, which is why they ask about it on the form. Don't like it? Neither do I, particularly, but that's the way it goes.

Yes, she is/was a protitute. So what? Anyone with an inability to handle the truth needs to un-@ss this procedure post haste.

She is a prostitute and I don't care. I would marry a prostitute if I fell in love with one. Believe it or not I married a woman that had previousy had SEX with other men. :o Can you believe it? How many? OMG! I don't know! Did any of them pay her? OMG I don't know! Would it still be sex if she just met them at the bar and banged them in the toilet? :yes: Would it be prostitution if she did it for free? :no: Would she be "better" because she banged a stranger in the bathrrom for FREE? :huh:

Stop the nonsense.

She is/was a prostitute. If they learn that AT ANY POINT she will be deported and lose all benefits. If you have children with her after she arrives, they will lose their mother. You will lose your wife. Can you handle the truth? If you can, then do what you will.

Jack Nicholson was right.

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yeah the whole "we have to save them" mantra gets old when they are doing it willingly.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Has no one seen Pretty Woman?? :rofl:

It's not anyones place to know the exact nature of how you met. They simply need to know that you two met and you began and have maintained an bonafide relationship.

As with anyone in these situations, you gotta make sure you are bringing her to the States for the right reasons and because you both want to maintain your relationship.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Have you EVER, in or outside the United States, knowingly committed any crime of moral turpitude or a drug-related offense for which you have not been arrested?

Kind of a dumb question to be asking really. Who would ever answer yes? They are not trying to keep out of prostitutes.... They are just trying to keep out stupid prostitutes.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Timeline

Kind of a dumb question to be asking really. Who would ever answer yes? They are not trying to keep out of prostitutes.... They are just trying to keep out stupid prostitutes.

:lol:

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your post instructs the OP, or his fiancee, to make a material misrepresentation to the DOS and/or the DHS. That is a violation of the TOS, as Krikit has warned.

As is this post.

And another.

I will assume that the OP has found the love of his life and that is why he wants to marry her, love her and support her...and she feels the same way. Here is what I would say: "I was out with my friends and while we were in a club, I met the most beautiful girl. We talked about life and danced the night away. The rest is history"

This is not instructing anyone to make a "material misrepresentation to the DOS and/or the DHS". I am just guessing, but I am willing to bet that's exactly the way it went down. Sorry if this has been misconstrued as illegal advice

Edited by Misha & Jeff

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:pop:

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Filed: Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Yes, she is/was a protitute. So what? Anyone with an inability to handle the truth needs to un-@ss this procedure post haste.

She is a prostitute and I don't care. I would marry a prostitute if I fell in love with one. Believe it or not I married a woman that had previousy had SEX with other men. :o Can you believe it? How many? OMG! I don't know! Did any of them pay her? OMG I don't know! Would it still be sex if she just met them at the bar and banged them in the toilet? :yes: Would it be prostitution if she did it for free? :no: Would she be "better" because she banged a stranger in the bathrrom for FREE? :huh:

Stop the nonsense.

She is/was a prostitute. If they learn that AT ANY POINT she will be deported and lose all benefits. If you have children with her after she arrives, they will lose their mother. You will lose your wife. Can you handle the truth? If you can, then do what you will.

Jack Nicholson was right.

Ha ha, thanks for that. You are right, there is quite a bit of misinformation in a few of the responses I'm seeing here. I doubt the people most intent on bashing her such as ullnvrkno have really taken any of this into consideration, or are educated about the real state of prostitution in SE Asia.

I didn't understand either until I saw the bleak reality first hand. Deplorable rural conditions, working from 5am-sundown 365 days per year in the rice fields for $2 per day, no chance of social mobility, no government assistance, constant dealing with crooked police, etc. etc. In spite of all this the people living there are both kind and somehow manage to have a positive outlook on life :)

After living your entire life like that, working in a bar for $200 per month starts to sound not quite so bad. What most people don't realize is that if a girl doesn't like a guy, she has no obligation to leave the bar with him. Many girls work there without ever leaving the bar with a man and just collect a monthly wage because they attract men and the men buy drinks. Of course some women may decide to engage in P4P but not all.

There are no pimps and no prevalent drug usage, and nobody is forcing them to be there if they choose not to. Many just want to meet a nice guy to start a relationship with and would have no chance of that in a rural setting.

I realize trying to defend my girl by saying she only worked there for 2 weeks, never left with a man before, has never tried drugs, just got out of a 7 year relationship, is very honest, and is extremely shy with physical intimacy would probably fall on deaf ears. I probably wouldn't believe it either if I hadn't talked to her for hours daily for the last year, and that's OK.

I just hope some people may read this before jumping to hasty conclusions about women in SE Asia. Living there for a year really opened my eyes to a lot of things we simply don't experience in the west. It really is a different world over there.

**edited for grammar

Edited by Anabolic_Ben

Filed: Timeline

Ha ha, thanks for that. You are right, there is quite a bit of misinformation in a few of the responses I'm seeing here. I doubt the people most intent on bashing her such as ullnvrkno have really taken any of this into consideration, or are educated about the real state of prostitution in SE Asia.

I didn't understand either until I saw the bleak reality first hand. Deplorable rural conditions, working from 5am-sundown 365 days per year in the rice fields for $2 per day, no chance of social mobility, no government assistance, constant dealing with crooked police, etc. etc. In spite of all this the people living there are both kind and somehow manage to have a positive outlook on life :)

After living your entire life like that, working in a bar for $200 per month starts to sound not quite so bad. What most people don't realize is that if a girl doesn't like a guy, she has no obligation to leave the bar with him. Many girls work there without ever leaving the bar with a man and just collect a monthly wage because they attract men and the men buy drinks. Of course some women may decide to engage in P4P but not all.

There are no pimps and no prevalent drug usage, and nobody is forcing them to be there if they choose not to. Many just want to meet a nice guy to start a relationship with and would have no chance of that in a rural setting.

I realize trying to defend my girl by saying she only worked there for 2 weeks, never left with a man before, has never tried drugs, just got out of a 7 year relationship, is very honest, and is extremely shy with physical intimacy would probably fall on deaf ears. I probably wouldn't believe it either if I hadn't talked to her for hours daily for the last year, and that's OK.

I just hope some people may read this before jumping to hasty conclusions about women in SE Asia. Living there for a year really opened my eyes to a lot of things we simply don't experience in the west. It really is a different world over there.

**edited for grammar

If I may ask, what brought you to Cambodia, and that particular establishment?

Filed: Timeline

I just wanted to say congrats to the OP for having the gonnards to make this post, to the VJ constituents for keeping it mostly inline and for the admins for not banishing the thread already. When I woke up this AM and read this thread I was sure it woudl be gone by the time I got to work.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

This is incorrect. The question does no ask if you have been convicted of prostitution, it asks if you have been a prostitute. USCIS is concerned with crimes that you have committed even if you weren't convicted of them. The questions are phrased in a way that makes this extraordinarily clear, so I suggest you go back and read it again. For example, you might want to re-read the following:

If you are not arrested and convicted, then this is a matter of opinion, not fact, if a crime has occoured or not and you are free to answer the question with your own opinion. In fact,even after being arrested, most people plea not-guilty going into court the 1st day, as they believe they are innocent and have a right to defend their actions and a right that the state must prove first a crime has been comitted. Innocent until proven guilty I thought?? And as well, you are also protected by the 5th amendment, and you do not have to bear witness against yourself.

How about this current Florida case, George Zimmerman, Trayvon Martin... No one is denying one man killed another, but who at this point is able to say if a crime has been comitted? Zimmerman would clearly mark NO, and he has a right to do so because the question is asking for opinion. :pop:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.