Anabolic_Ben

Are Bar Girls Disqualified From Getting a Visa?

113 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Cambodia
Timeline

If I may ask, what brought you to Cambodia, and that particular establishment?

I had a month long work assignment in Bangkok and decided to check out Siam Reap on the way home and fly out of PP. Afterward I took the bus to PP and picked a random hotel by the river. I sat outside the hotel and had dinner, and afterward decided to go have a drink at the bar across the street.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This thread was over a couple of pages ago.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well, that could be one way of interpreting it.

The other would be that I actually met my fiance in person while I was living in her part of the world, instead of resorting to a Russian mail order bride. But hey, it's all just details :whistle:

We are happy for you Anabolic_Ben. Michelle and I were talking about your dilemma and wish you and your fiancee the best. Good luck and keep us posted on how it all works out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well, that could be one way of interpreting it.

The other would be that I actually met my fiance in person while I was living in her part of the world, instead of resorting to a Russian mail order bride. But hey, it's all just details :whistle:

Yes, but the important part is to find and be with the one you very love right? As you can see all my prior posts say that i never concluded your woman was prostitute, and just the opposite it is matter of opinion no matter where or how you meet.

For us, we are married 1 month ago and can not be happier. She very love me and also she take care of my 6 year old son who finally has mother. Though kiev is considered "power-puff" embassy, i can recommend to get your evidence of relationship together in nice well formatted and organized way. For us, even though our age is 20 years apart, my (now) wife had questions-free interview, and only had to raise right hand to swear evidence she presented was accurate and true. I was at interview also with my son and this seemed to help a lot they could see us all together, as well the certified letter from her mother to approve the relationship never hurts. And PS, one should never have to resort to anything and never assume... Sorry if my joke hit a nerve, looking back i can see how it might, but no judgement from me and i wish you two the best.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

:pop: PS, watch out here, don't give up your timeline or other information under your current handle. Big Brother is watching...

I hear ya!!

I keep getting PMs from RUB girls. What's up with that? I think they're marriage scammers, but it's hard to tell. You think they are serious? They keep telling me they love me.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I hear ya!!

I keep getting PMs from RUB girls. What's up with that? I think they're marriage scammers, but it's hard to tell. You think they are serious? They keep telling me they love me.

The difficult part is you do not know until you spend the $1000's to visit in person, get them $250 netboook and $10/month for internet... And even then Proceed with caution, and see how it goes without any further monies or gifts... Getting the face time in the skype will tell the tale. Many are "professional daters", and will string you along... you can spend $1000's as long as they profit a few hundred it is a success for them. But to be sure they do not participate in the visa fraud. If you are scammed you will know, and they fear the K1 application if they are scamming you as one day they may truly want to use K1 without priors on record.

However i can also say my wife wants hook my 40 y/o brother with her hottie 22 y/o friend... no scam attached!! (though my brother currently has girlfriend).. and as well she has many sincere friends, all her friends are either single and looking or having baby at young age. The demographics favor men as these countries have considerable more women then men... and many don't like how the local men treat them likely due to such demographics.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** OP has gotten relevant advice on his situation and this thread has gone way off topic, so it is now closed. ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.