TBoneTX

Mrs. T-B. & the Citizenship Test

294 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You're hilarious & gracious, Cinco, see man.

Actually, I failed to report one Q&A above:

T-B.: "Name one war that the U.S. fought in the 1900s."

Mrs. T-B. [immediately, with confidence]: Star Trek.

T-B. [to self]: :bonk:

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

We're not that organized yet, Brother D. However, I did just get her a new set of cooking-pots, which should enable me to do away with the ones with layers of stuff vulcanized in them.

Well, Time Passes. Tempus Fugit..

what news of the MP3 recordings and the listening sessions?

Remind her not to multi-task too much -

ie

listening to mp3 on headphones and driving at same time, verra bad.

listening to mp3 on headphones and SHOPPING at same time, verra bad.

Eating Ice Cream and listening to mp3 on headphones is ok, so far.. No accidents reported in Harris County about it.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I didn't know it was funny for a man to make his wife look stupid.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Timeline

Is somebody insulting Celeste-Bone, now? In general, it's hilarious how sidewinding vipers (all unnamed) will, in general, slither from their dens every couple of weeks chiefly to poison threads, and slither away back down what is, in general, a pathologically pathetic path, gee man. Gotta feel sincere sympathy for those people, sigh man, if we know any.

This is hilarious rofl.gif Si, querido!
Gracias, lovely & gracious amiga. Avoid wet rags, si man.
what news of the MP3 recordings and the listening sessions?

Remind her not to multi-task too much -

ie

listening to mp3 on headphones and driving at same time, verra bad.

listening to mp3 on headphones and SHOPPING at same time, verra bad.

Eating Ice Cream and listening to mp3 on headphones is ok, so far.. No accidents reported in Harris County about it.

Mrs. T-B. can't really wear headphones, no Brother D. man, because the inquisitive and active Mini-Bone would want to get at them, see man. We'll probably wait to see what the study offering from biometrics is all about, C D man. Very few rules at our casa, but one is "no headphones/cell phones while driving, verrabad man." Conversely, and starkly so, no rules can be applied against shopping, no man. In the oft-repeated words of Mrs. T-B. (typically when poised on the threshold of the mall), "Ready... set... charge!" Edited by TBoneTX

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

You're right. I don't think either one is good, you know?

I have a feeling that Mrs TB has a good sense of humor

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
~~Albert Schweitzer

8lrSm4.png
Meg and Alan

Initially filed for K1 visa - Feb 23 2012

Due to circumstances beyond our control, we've abandoned this application

We married on Aug 24, 2013 in a small ceremony in MA

We'll be applying for a CR1 / IR1 visa as soon as we are able

Watch this space for updates!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You do notice, of course, in these re-countings, that Mrs. TBone almost always ends up with the upper hand? :P

.. and the most chocolate icecream!

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I had assumed that it was Mrs. T-B who was having fun at the expense of her husband. I'm sure being from Ecuador and growing up near the Pacifico Ocean she would know it wasn't the "Specific ocean" :P

Timeline
I had assumed that it was Mrs. T-B who was having fun at the expense of her husband. I'm sure being from Ecuador and growing up near the Pacifico Ocean she would know it wasn't the "Specific ocean" :P
Sea, man.

Whether she gets the mischievous gleam in her eyes or bats her lashes with the big, innocent puppy-dog-eyes look, I'm in trouble, see man.

I went to the supermarket today. When I got home, she asked me, "You didn't buy more ice cream, did you?" I said, "No, man." She said, "Good -- I'm on a diet. [puppy-dog eyes] But I wannnnt some."

---

Sidebar story: Some months ago, I came home, and this dialogue ensued:

Mrs. T-B.: I bought you cheap.

T-B.: What did you say?

Mrs. T-B.: I bought you cheap.

T-B.: You bought me cheap? What the dickens does THAT mean? I'm not that cheap. And don't let Immigration hear you say that.

Mrs. T-B.: Cheap, CHEAP! I bought you CHEAP!

Further investigation revealed that she had gone to the store and bought a bag of potato cheaps, si man. :bonk:

This topic is hilarious! It's like reading the lord of the rings! Can't get enough of it... Oh I take that back I hate the lord of the rings. But yeah you get the point?! ha ha

tcwlm5.png

Proud mommy of Ryker Johannes, born 2 March '09

and our little angel baby Skyler David who was born "asleep" on 7 July '10

I didn't know it was funny for a man to make his wife look stupid.

Not making her look stupid at all....I think she sounds adorable!!!

Old and Grumpy....But an American Citizen!!!

T-Bone.....Mrs TB sounds like an absolute gem!!! This thread's had me in stitches!!

I'm also in the citizenship process....applied in July and had bio. in mid-August.

They give us a nice book and CD with all the answers....I haven't even started looking yet, as probably half the stuff'll change before November. I'm over 60 and mu memory isn't what is was... so as soon as I get an interview letter I'll go balls-to-the-wall learning!

All kudos for Mrs T-B for early studying!!:thumbs:

Old and Grumpy....But an American Citizen!!!

Must be a new thing that they give you the questions in a book and cd because when I went through the process of becoming a citizen (last year) I got NUTTIN... But I made it :) they ask you simple questions like "what is the name of our President", "What party is he" and "Who is the father of our country". Don't worry about it. ;)

tcwlm5.png

Proud mommy of Ryker Johannes, born 2 March '09

and our little angel baby Skyler David who was born "asleep" on 7 July '10