akim10

marrying at exactly90th day

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

thank you very much.. thats all i wanna know...we are looking at dates on 2months after so we can have every thing set and planned very well.. because all of his family members will come since he is the last guy in his family who are not married yet.. so we are not rushing that when i get there we have to marry after a week or two..but we want to do the seminar in church, then look for wedding reception ,shop for wedding dress etc. actualy our latest estimated time to get married is like 60 to65days after.. i just wanna know some scenarios if it happen like 80th day of getting married but we are also avoiding that to happen coz we dont want to risk everything.. thank you so much for the information..i guess we have to work hard on it so we can get married after 60days the most.and file for AOS..

You can get married on day 60, 70 or 80 and still fulfill the requirement of the K-1 visa. You do not have to file for AOS within those 90 days. You just have to get married. So, plan your wedding, get married on the date you set, be it day 60 or 65, then after you get your certified marriage certificate from the court, file for your AOS following the guide here on VJ: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos Good luck!

Oh yes, and apply to get your SSN about 10-14 days after you enter the US: http://www.visajourney.com/content/ssn

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can get married on day 60, 70 or 80 and still fulfill the requirement of the K-1 visa. You do not have to file for AOS within those 90 days. You just have to get married. So, plan your wedding, get married on the date you set, be it day 60 or 65, then after you get your certified marriage certificate from the court, file for your AOS following the guide here on VJ: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos Good luck!

Oh yes, and apply to get your SSN about 10-14 days after you enter the US: http://www.visajourney.com/content/ssn

thank you thank you thank you so much..and God bless..

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree that waiting until the last day is risky, but here is what happened to us. Two years ago, we were preparing our paper work for our AOS, and we still had not received our official marriage license from the county. So, I went to the county office to order a copy, and they told us they had no record of our marriage! This was over a month after our wedding day. I called the minister and he said he would call the county for us and straighten it out. Well, a few days later, he called us back and said that thru a clerical error the county had no record of our marriage and to come in right away so that he could marry us again. That turned out to be the 87th day, 3 days to spare! We ended up being called in for an AOS interview and I fully expected to be asked about why we waited to get married so close to the deadline but they never even brought it up. Anyway, now we have two wedding anniversary dates, the one where our family and friends watched us and the official one that is on our marriage license. As far as your question, I wouldn't wait till the last minute because you never know what could happen.

IR5 - (Father-In-Law)

Feb. 2018 - Interview - Approved

Feb. 2018 - VISA Received!

May 6, 2018 - Arrived in the  U.S.! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I agree that waiting until the last day is risky, but here is what happened to us. Two years ago, we were preparing our paper work for our AOS, and we still had not received our official marriage license from the county. So, I went to the county office to order a copy, and they told us they had no record of our marriage! This was over a month after our wedding day. I called the minister and he said he would call the county for us and straighten it out. Well, a few days later, he called us back and said that thru a clerical error the county had no record of our marriage and to come in right away so that he could marry us again. That turned out to be the 87th day, 3 days to spare! We ended up being called in for an AOS interview and I fully expected to be asked about why we waited to get married so close to the deadline but they never even brought it up. Anyway, now we have two wedding anniversary dates, the one where our family and friends watched us and the official one that is on our marriage license. As far as your question, I wouldn't wait till the last minute because you never know what could happen.

EXACTLY! Remember, you are relying on people. "The only person I trust, is myself" is true until you find that person who is worth this paperwork and headache :bonk: But other than yourself and your SO, don't trust people to do things perfectly, and on time. This 'clerical error' or idiot, as I call them, could be the reason you have to start all over. Saving is a great idea, but going into a little debt so you don't have to have things ruined is ok too. It's America, if you aren't in debt, you aren't American yet! :dance:

Edited by happiestmanalive

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

what is I94?????so the USCIS will tell us on when will be our last day to get married and adjust our status is that what you mean??

here is a link for your question?

I-94 explanation

Good luck & Best wishes

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

IMHO do a very quick legal ceremony and then if the wedding is what you want, do it when you can, but keep in mind that heck happens when you least expect it and you don't want anything happening that shows a wedding date after the 90 days. We decided to have our marriage within 3 days of my arrival and our JP has been on speed dial, and we have planned another wedding for family and friends for a later time.

Terri

Fiance visa

04/28/2011 - I-129F - DENIED

02/18/2012 - I-129F petition filed
02/24/2012 - NOA1
09/04/2012 - NOA2, 193 days

Interview:10/22/2012
POE: 10/26/2012 (245 days)

Removal of Conditions

Filed for ROC - 06/09/2015

NOA1 for ROC - 06/12/2015

Biometrics appointment - 07/17/2015

Approval for ROC - 04/20/2016 (316 days)

Naturalization Process

N-400 Filed 06/10/2016

N-400 NOA1 06/14/2016

N-400 biometrics 06/20/16

N-400 interview 01/23/2017

N-400 Oath ceremony 02/10/2017

Immigration Process took 2116 days.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

what is I94?????so the USCIS will tell us on when will be our last day to get married and adjust our status is that what you mean??

On your flight to the USA you will be given the I-94 form to fill out. You will present it along with your packet to the immigration officer at your arrival airport (Port Of Entry POE).

Assuming all goes well it will be stamp with your date of entry and the officer will write the expiration date on it. That will be the date you have to marry by or leave the country. You can delay the application for AOS for weeks or months, you will be forgiven for delaying the AOS. But do not miss the marry by date on the I-94!!!

In theory you can apply for your SSN any time after entry and before the I-94 expires. In practice wait at least 2 weeks after entry and no latter then 3 weeks before the I-94 expires.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you are set on cutting it close to the 90 days. Make sure the minister / priest understands the deadline. You may have the nice church wedding but if the papers don't get signed and submitted to the court house in a timely manor you still just might legally miss the 90 day limit.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

we want to get married on church first and last.. thats why we are saving.. so the safer is 60days after? what if the consul ask when are we planing to get married and i answer 60days because we wanna plan everything ..would that be a problem??

It will be in her passport. Use that date for the 90 days.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

If you are set on cutting it close to the 90 days. Make sure the minister / priest understands the deadline. You may have the nice church wedding but if the papers don't get signed and submitted to the court house in a timely manor you still just might legally miss the 90 day limit.

Better yet take the signed papers to the court house yourself. That's what we did and got the recorded and certified copy immediately.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It's America, if you aren't in debt, you aren't American yet! :dance:

LOL so true. Welcome to America. And all our SO's with their perfect credit and new SS#'s Oh boy.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I really cannot stress to you that the visa process and obtaining the K1 is just the beginning of a very much longer process.

You would be forgiven to think that the marriage is the be-all-to-end-all in this process but if you feel that is the case, then you are very much mistaken.

As others have said, read the VJ guides,these are invaluable databases of information gained from many thousands of fellow visa applicants and know the steps you and your

partner need to take to ensure that you do not miss anything critical as once married there is the need to think about drivers licenses, work permits, obtaining SSN's, also

2yr green cards then the lifting of conditions and the common pitfalls that some have fallen into.

The emphasis is on you and your partner knowing and understanding this.

If you want to make your journey as easy as possible, never delay any part of this process till the last moment. It is stressful enough. Goodness knows we have just

come out the other end of the process we started with our K1 application back in 2008 with a shiny new 10 Year green card.

Good Luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

OP, if it's wedding money you're worried about, arrive on the K1 at a later date so you both can work in your home countries and save $ until the big arrival.

My husband and I actually filed for a K1 extension so he could continue at his engineering job in Sweden for a few more weeks. We ended-up just going to the courthouse to get married anyway, and plan to put the saved $ toward school loans (trying to get OUT of debt... not IN debt!) LOL

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

You shouldnt take any risk! The i94 is a type of identification. Basically says you are allowed to be in the US and the time your 90 days expires. I know for many people, its really important to have a nice wedding but keep it real! Doing a church wedding, at least a decent one, takes money and time. Look what I did: I came here with my k1 visa on april 20, got married on may 17 and filled for AoS right away! My husband and I got married in the courthouse. We only spend the marriage fee and out cloth, then we went partying. Now we are planing a great church wedding with family and friends for December 21. No rush and we are doing exactly how we wanted it to be. And remember you have to get married within 90 days. And yes, you dont have to fill for AOS right away, but remember, if you dont he will not be aloud to work, or have a driver license or travel outside the US, etc etc etc, besides you cannot protect your legal status. Im not saying that if you dont get your AoS right away you could be deported or something like that but is highly recommended to fill within the 90 days. Remember that the AoS filling is 1070 dls.

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.