akim10

marrying at exactly90th day

47 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i jst have a question,, when i get there in the US can we marry at exactly 90 days of my stay? on my 90th day we will marry? or like 85th day? coz we have to adjust our status right? would it be alright to marry on 90th or 85 because we want to save money first before we get marry.. is this going to be a problem or no?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

be safe. marry at court on day 62.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline
1343614747[/url]' post='5566964']

i jst have a question,, when i get there in the US can we marry at exactly 90 days of my stay? on my 90th day we will marry? or like 85th day? coz we have to adjust our status right? would it be alright to marry on 90th or 85 because we want to save money first before we get marry.. is this going to be a problem or no?

The date on the I94 is the last date on which you should marry and fulfil your promise, the condition under which your visa was issued.

It would be very wise not to wait until the very last day. Get 'er done!!!!!! star_smile.gif

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

And make sure you apply for her social security number after she is here for 2 weeks. You need not be married to apply for it.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/ssn

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

Why take a chance, a court marriage is 60 dollars, you can save money and do the church one later, the sooner you start your AOS the better.

we want to get married on church first and last.. thats why we are saving.. so the safer is 60days after? what if the consul ask when are we planing to get married and i answer 60days because we wanna plan everything ..would that be a problem??

The date on the I94 is the last date on which you should marry and fulfil your promise, the condition under which your visa was issued.

It would be very wise not to wait until the very last day. Get 'er done!!!!!! star_smile.gif

what is I94?????so the USCIS will tell us on when will be our last day to get married and adjust our status is that what you mean??

Timeline

there is no rule or regulation for WHEN to file the AOS.

There is a rule for WHEN to get married.

Please do not confuse these two things.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

are they going to give us those rules?? are we only aloud to get married after 60days the most?? pls help

Timeline

are they going to give us those rules?? are we only aloud to get married after 60days the most?? pls help

Timeline

they? no. It's on you to know them, already.

If you not know them, please study a bit more, as this stuff is important.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If you do not get married within those 90 days, you will not be able to stay in the US and get the Green Card. So make very sure that there are no problems. Waiting until the last day is risky.

*Moved from Waivers forum to K1 forum*

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Typically the K-1 visa is valid for 6 months. Why not use most of that time to plan the wedding BEFORE entering the US. Then after entering the US get married. Remember that they state that you must get married within 90 days which to my mind is actually the day BEFORE the I-94 expires. I would not wait until the end to find out. If you use 5 months of the visa's valid period and 2 months after arriving in the US, that's 7 months to plan and save for a wedding. The problem is most people on the K-1 rush to enter the US and then they only have 90 days to plan, save, and get married in.

This is one of those drop dead deeadlines that you cannot miss. If you fail to get married within the 90 days after entering the US, you will not be able to AOS and will be forced to leave the US. Period. No discussion. No appeal.

It sounds like from your questions you do not know much about the process. I would take the time to read the guides here on VJ and learn what it is you are getting yourself into and what is involved in the two to five year journey (time frame varies based on beneficiary's country of origin, sex, and level of fraudulant visa applications, your time frame maybe closer to the minimum or the maximum depending on your situation).

Good luck,

Dave

Timeline

Typically the K-1 visa is valid for 6 months. Why not use most of that time to plan the wedding BEFORE entering the US. Then after entering the US get married. Remember that they state that you must get married within 90 days which to my mind is actually the day BEFORE the I-94 expires. I would not wait until the end to find out. If you use 5 months of the visa's valid period and 2 months after arriving in the US, that's 7 months to plan and save for a wedding. The problem is most people on the K-1 rush to enter the US and then they only have 90 days to plan, save, and get married in.

This is one of those drop dead deeadlines that you cannot miss. If you fail to get married within the 90 days after entering the US, you will not be able to AOS and will be forced to leave the US. Period. No discussion. No appeal.

It sounds like from your questions you do not know much about the process. I would take the time to read the guides here on VJ and learn what it is you are getting yourself into and what is involved in the two to five year journey (time frame varies based on beneficiary's country of origin, sex, and level of fraudulant visa applications, your time frame maybe closer to the minimum or the maximum depending on your situation).

Good luck,

Dave

we are just thinking to have atleast 2 months preparation since we wanna do it one time and we wanna have a decent wedding at church..but church nids 3 week seminar.. i just want to know if 2 months which is 60days of time to wait before the wedding will be okay.. i cant research any information about the time frame on what will be the last day to get married to have a allowance on adjusting the status..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Not exactly. If they got married after the 90 day requirement, like on day 95, they would not have to leave. They could still file for AOS, but it would not be based on the K-1. They would need to file the I-130 along with their I-485 and base adjustment off being the spouse of a USC. It is more money, and they will most likely have to explain why they did not get married within the 90 days at their interview. I just do not see why anyone would want to risk it. It is the requirement, and I am not sure why people find it so difficult to follow the requirements of the visa they paid so much and went through so much for. Mind boggling really.

@mokkasweet: You are required to marry within 90 days of entering the US with a K-1 visa. You must sign letters of intent to marry within 90 days, and you will be told when you enter the US and are given your I-94 that you have 90 days to marry. You can wait until it has been 85 days after you enter, but I would not wait till the very last 90th day just to be extra safe about the date. Research more about the requirements of the K-1 visa and adjustment of status after you are married.

we are just thinking to have atleast 2 months preparation since we wanna do it one time and we wanna have a decent wedding at church..but church nids 3 week seminar.. i just want to know if 2 months which is 60days of time to wait before the wedding will be okay.. i cant research any information about the time frame on what will be the last day to get married to have a allowance on adjusting the status..

There is no deadline to file for adjustment of status, but you should plan to do it as soon as possible after you are married. The requirement is to get married within 90 days of entering the US. If you get married on day 60, that is perfectly fine.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

@mokkasweet: You are required to marry within 90 days of entering the US with a K-1 visa. You must sign letters of intent to marry within 90 days, and you will be told when you enter the US and are given your I-94 that you have 90 days to marry. You can wait until it has been 85 days after you enter, but I would not wait till the very last 90th day just to be extra safe about the date. Research more about the requirements of the K-1 visa and adjustment of status after you are married.

There is no deadline to file for adjustment of status, but you should plan to do it as soon as possible after you are married. The requirement is to get married within 90 days of entering the US. If you get married on day 60, that is perfectly fine.

thank you very much.. thats all i wanna know...we are looking at dates on 2months after so we can have every thing set and planned very well.. because all of his family members will come since he is the last guy in his family who are not married yet.. so we are not rushing that when i get there we have to marry after a week or two..but we want to do the seminar in church, then look for wedding reception ,shop for wedding dress etc. actualy our latest estimated time to get married is like 60 to65days after.. i just wanna know some scenarios if it happen like 80th day of getting married but we are also avoiding that to happen coz we dont want to risk everything.. thank you so much for the information..i guess we have to work hard on it so we can get married after 60days the most.and file for AOS..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.