86 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I appreciate it but i feel like im a loser if i get money from you VJers...I am not asking for money from you all. i just want advises i am stuck in this predicament... God will provide... I have faith in Him that He will help me and my husband on this trial we face...yes calling nearest consulate will do and his family here...then i will try to bike to go to the nearest charity for food... renting a room of this house is a good idea...thank you all guys for your inputs i really really appreciate it from the bottom of my heart...

God bless you all

poods

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
I really don't want to work illegally..i can't get welfare. Ill see what i can do with the philippine consulate. We are lucky enough to own this house we live in and we only pay for basic utilities.

Are his bank accounts frozen? Does he have any savings you can access (asking him of course) in order to buy a return ticket or file AOS (whatever your choice)? Bear in mind EAD will take 2 months and I REALLY don't know how it's supposed to work with the interview when he's in jail... If you left you could turn off all the utilities, or rent the house out to earn some money

Thank you guys for all your inputs. I really appreciate it...for now i will try to find under the table jobs with my bike... i am communicating with his family about this but I dont want to wait and sit and do nothing...

You are not able to work. Working illegally will cause WAY more issues. It also doesn't solve your AOS issue in regards to needing a co-sponsor or needing him to attend an interview.

i live in georgia and i havent met or known any fil-am association here. I don't know what I will do next... I can't go back home coz I dont have money to get tickets, i cant either file AOS for the same reason... husbands family lives in another state... i cant even visit my husband in jail coz i can't drive. i just don't know what to do...

Like I said above.. what about his bank accounts? Not knowing what he did, were those frozen or seized due to illegal activity? Does your husband have any friends that could take you to visit him? Contact some charities for the same reason. Personally I would do my best to visit him and discuss your options with him. He may have some money stashed somewhere that you don't know about (to pay for a ticket home) or he might have a friend/family member for you to move in with..

Like I said in my first post though - my aim would be returning to my home country to have the support of my family and friends.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

The money in our bank wont be enough for plane ticket but enough for utilities in the next 2 months I will have to shut off the internet tonight...i dont want to leave my husband and i will support and stay with him no matter what happens...

thanks

poods

Are his bank accounts frozen? Does he have any savings you can access (asking him of course) in order to buy a return ticket or file AOS (whatever your choice)? Bear in mind EAD will take 2 months and I REALLY don't know how it's supposed to work with the interview when he's in jail... If you left you could turn off all the utilities, or rent the house out to earn some money

You are not able to work. Working illegally will cause WAY more issues. It also doesn't solve your AOS issue in regards to needing a co-sponsor or needing him to attend an interview.

Like I said above.. what about his bank accounts? Not knowing what he did, were those frozen or seized due to illegal activity? Does your husband have any friends that could take you to visit him? Contact some charities for the same reason. Personally I would do my best to visit him and discuss your options with him. He may have some money stashed somewhere that you don't know about (to pay for a ticket home) or he might have a friend/family member for you to move in with..

Like I said in my first post though - my aim would be returning to my home country to have the support of my family and friends.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

The money in our bank wont be enough for plane ticket but enough for utilities in the next 2 months I will have to shut off the internet tonight...i dont want to leave my husband and i will support and stay with him no matter what happens...

Returning to your home country isn't "leaving him" and in fact if it were my husband he would want me back with my family for support rather than in a country I don't know with no support network nearby.

I suggest like everyone else then that you contact your consulate about assistance returning to your home country. Bear in mind though that you have overstayed your I-94 so you will have a ban on returning for a couple of years.

You basically have 2 things you MUST do:

1. Have a legal consultation to find out whether you can AOS with him in jail. He can't attend an interview. You don't live with him. It's not a conventional relationship; and then

2. Visit your husband. Did you have ANY chance to talk to him before he was locked up? Did he know he was getting locked up and if so did you discuss what you would do? You need to find out what he suggests based on the legal advice you received.

Maybe his family can loan you the money and he can pay them back at some stage, or something... you can't AOS without a co-sponsor, you might not be able to AOS if he can't attend the interview... your best option is to return to your home country (in my personal opinion). However you can (and probably should) look into any other options before making that decision, especially by seeing an immigration attorney to find out what happens with AOS.

The point here is that you can't advise someone to do something illegal, no matter what reasons you give behind it. Your post will be deleted, rightfully so, so you're wasting your time defending such ridiculousness.

Edited by Coconuts

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well you know this person can follow your direction and when she gets tied up between trying to get a piece of paper into the jail without the Directors approval, then she can say if I had only known the hassle that would have been. When was the last time you took anything into a jail house to an imate without approval?

I am not sure who you think suggested she smuggle something in to be signed. It is certainly possible for jail/prison inmates to sign documents. There may be a procedure for it, no doubt, and no one suggested she not follow the procedure.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

What did you learn at the CFO seminar you particapted in before you left the Phil. Did they share information about how to contact your embassy if you should find yourself in a situation such as this.

Look in the yellow pages for the Phil embassy phone number.

Wow! you have a Jamaican flag and your comment is very helpful, that's the best suggestion you got there. I agree with you.

Before I got here, CFO gave me a paper to send back after few months, it depends on your part if you comply. Besides that, they provided me with pamphlets which states almost everything you need to do in times like your in trouble, numbers of important agencies in US and in Philippines are provided there. I am sure Podds have those if she brought it with her. I will check mine if I still have it :yes: so I can at least give podds inputs. God bless to you Podds.

Gemini & Janet:

USCIS:

1/24/11 Married(Happiest Day)

2/28/11 I-130 sent

3/03/11 NOA1

3/21/11 CFO seminar (SMEF-COW)

6/08/11 NOA2 (Thank you God)

NVC:

6/28/11 NVC received our petition(Thank God;)

7/01/11 NVC case # assigned(so happy)

7/05/11 Eligible for further processing( DS-3032 sent via e-mail)

7/07/11 Paid AOS fee

7/09/11 DS-3032 received ^_^

7/11/11 AOS status shows as paid & IV bill invoice e-mailed by NVC

7/12/11 AOS packet sent

7/13/11 IV bill paid(AOS packet received)

7/18/11 IV packet sent

7/19/11 IV packet received ^_^

7/27/11 IV packet on process (God is good all the time)

7/29/11 Case completed at NVC

8/02/11 NVC e-mailed the packet of instructions for interview

USEM:

8/22/11 Medical ( passed)

9/13/11 Interview passed (visa printed), thank God for another blessing ;)

9/16/11 Visa on hand

9/20/11 CFO sticker/ticket purchased ^_^

10/06/11 P.O.E. (Las Vegas via PAL)

lNRUp8.png?k7iCQIPf

"You get back what you give out"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Rent a bedroom or the house and live there too. Get his family to help. Sorry to hear what you are going through. :(

I don't think this is a bad idea. I live in New York City and many many many people do this to balance their checkbooks. When there's a financial struggle, they rent a room, or even their own room and sleep in the living room. I don't know how your husband or his family will feel about that, but it's a possibility and certainly not ilegal. Just make sure you know who you're renting the bedroom to and you're safe. Maybe this way you can come up with the AOS money rather quickly.

I hope all goes well with you.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Hi...

I am in a very sad situation...

My husband (US citizen) got arrested recently and he will be in jail for a long time... i came here in the US last year via K1 visa and we haven't filed AOS yet... I don't know what I will do because I can't have a job yet or even have a drivers license... I don't know how I will support myself when my husband is in jail...I just wonder if i can file AOS so I could have the ability to work and somehow support myself...

your help will be appreciated

poods

I'm sorry about what happened.

I found my booklet from CFO, here's the website of Embassy of the Philippines here in US, www.philippineembassy-usa.org Tel. Nos: 202-467-9300 or 202-467-9363, email: info@philippineembassy-usa.org or washingtonpe@dfa.gov.ph

Please make us of the info's in contacting an officer who knew more about your situation and ask what you need to do so you can tackle your problem appropriately.

Gemini & Janet:

USCIS:

1/24/11 Married(Happiest Day)

2/28/11 I-130 sent

3/03/11 NOA1

3/21/11 CFO seminar (SMEF-COW)

6/08/11 NOA2 (Thank you God)

NVC:

6/28/11 NVC received our petition(Thank God;)

7/01/11 NVC case # assigned(so happy)

7/05/11 Eligible for further processing( DS-3032 sent via e-mail)

7/07/11 Paid AOS fee

7/09/11 DS-3032 received ^_^

7/11/11 AOS status shows as paid & IV bill invoice e-mailed by NVC

7/12/11 AOS packet sent

7/13/11 IV bill paid(AOS packet received)

7/18/11 IV packet sent

7/19/11 IV packet received ^_^

7/27/11 IV packet on process (God is good all the time)

7/29/11 Case completed at NVC

8/02/11 NVC e-mailed the packet of instructions for interview

USEM:

8/22/11 Medical ( passed)

9/13/11 Interview passed (visa printed), thank God for another blessing ;)

9/16/11 Visa on hand

9/20/11 CFO sticker/ticket purchased ^_^

10/06/11 P.O.E. (Las Vegas via PAL)

lNRUp8.png?k7iCQIPf

"You get back what you give out"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The point here is that you can't advise someone to do something illegal, no matter what reasons you give behind it. Your post will be deleted, rightfully so, so you're wasting your time defending such ridiculousness.

exactly

and that makes 2 members thread banned and sanctioned with admin action.

further posts advocating illegal action will receive the same.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks!!!! I was not able to find this!!!! I am so confused now I don't know where to start....

When you went through your CFO Pre-Departure Seminar they should have gae you paperwork for contacts in the U.S. in case an emergency like this came up. If not Google search for the U.S. Embassy nearest your state. They will have numbers you can call and talk to someone about your situation. IS his family refusing to help you in your time of need? If so, then they are really not a good family. Family help their family members if they are able. Did you build up a network of Filipina friends that you can talk to and see if they can help you or at least feed you if you have no means. THere are women nshelters in most states/cities and food pantries that provide hot meals or food to the needy. Get a hold of your church to see if they can assist you for the time being also. Good Luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What in the world is this judgment and assumption about?!

Please tell me I'm misunderstanding your post here.

It just from an ignorant person trying to put all Filipinos into the same category. Sound like a racist to me or someone that made a bad choice and got burned before. I was betrayed before by a Filipina who used me for a GC. You know what, I am engaged now o a much better and compatible Filipina. Sounds like sour grapes because maybe no one wants to marry them and I can see why with that type of racial profiling attitude. If you don't have anything of value for the op then plkease don't post it. I hope who you questioned reads my reply.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

One post violating TOS has been removed along with a post quoting the removed post. The acceptable part of the 2nd removed post is returned to the thread below. As RickJovi so aptly said, " If you don't have anything of value for the op then please don't post it" .

What in the world is this judgment and assumption about?!

Please tell me I'm misunderstanding your post here.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

How about paypal donation from VJers to the OP ?

good.gif I'll donate.

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.