86 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

thanks... from what i understand...i can only apply for EAD once? is this true?

No, as long as you have legal status in the US you can apply for it repeatedly. But you are out of status, so there is no need for you to spend the money for the filing only to be denied.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

I suggest you contact your Congressman and/or Senator. They may be able to assist,,, or at least point you to an organization

that is in a position to help. There is pro-bono legal help in many cities. In addition, turn to the church,,, they may be able

to assist as well.

You may very well be able to stay and work things out,,, but, you have to fight for it.

Regards,

dc

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You and your husband will need to find a joint sponsor for the adjustment of status petition.

Yup Yup - that's the big thing, really.

to the OP - YOU can fill out all of the paperwork, but some of this stuff needs his signature.

Start practicing this week, and start contacting his relatives about being a co-sponser for the I-864.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What was he arrested for? Has there been a trial yet?

In the US, we don't arrest people and keep them in jail forever. Prepare the paperwork and if he gets released, send it as soon as he signs it

Have you been able to contact him at all?

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

in a case as this i feel maybe call welfare office as from what i read not your fault husband not able provide for you but please do not do as most people in ga, tx and fla and abuse the system

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

in a case as this i feel maybe call welfare office as from what i read not your fault husband not able provide for you but please do not do as most people in ga, tx and fla and abuse the system

She cannot legally apply for means tested benefits (ie welfare)as an sponsored immigrant, on top of being out of status.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Right now if he is in jail, she will not be able to obtain his signature on any documents. That is the law, now when he is released they can sign any thing until their heart content.

Now, she may be able to get a lawyer to take the papers and obtain his signature, but the lawyer does know this is illegal for him to do this. Unless, the same lawyer is working on his criminal case is working on her immigration case.

Filed: Timeline

i think this is a bit blown out of proportion.

approach this step by step:

1. do u have resources to continue living?

2. do u have another sponsor (like ur husbands parents or ur own relatives here)?

3. do u have money to file AOS?

if the answer to those is yes, then you can file for AOS. there is nothing on the instructions that say that a person in jail cannot sign relevant forms. you will have to go through the procedure that the jail has for meeting ur husband and getting him to sign the forms he needs to, and write a detailed explanation in your application of why you have special circumstances for the interview. both the uscis and the correctional system are us government systems and there is no reason why they cant work together. in the cases where the USC is severly ill and unable to come to the interview uscis has either sent out an officer or even waived the interview. im sure this is a similar condition.

if you have answered yes to the above questions, please consult a good immigration attorney.

if you answered no, then it might be best to go home right now.

2006 - Entered US on F-1
2009 - COS to H-1
2011 - Married USC

Conditional GC Process:
04/2012 - Concurrent I-130 petition / I-485 AOS / I-765 EAD / I-131 AP sent
35 days to biometrics, 73 days to EAD/AP combo card, 85 days to interview, 96 days to Conditional Green Card

04/2014 - Eligible for ROC

06/2014 - I-751 package filing joint with spouse sent

5 days to extension,37 days to biometrics, 172 days to CSC transfer, 247 days to Green Card

04/2015 - Eligible for Citizenship

09/2015 - N-400 package filing on basis of USC spouse sent

29 days to biometrics, 105 days to interview, 147 days to oath and US citizenship

~ 9 years and 6 months from first entry to US citizenship

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You have your answers there really is nothing more to it. File AOS and beg or borrow the money to do so, or buy a ticket home and wait there for your husband to be released and he can file an I-130 for you.

I have four sons, two are married, if one of them was put in jail, we would make sure his fmily is cared for. I would not be happy about it (who would?) but parents (or siblings) ultimately are the answer in this case. Contact them. Yes, you may have to move out of state. No one else, no organization, is going to have the resources to support you for the time you need.

An attorney can be hired to represent your husband in any interview and this would be one of the rare cases an attorney could actually do something worth their money

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

i think this is a bit blown out of proportion.

approach this step by step:

1. do u have resources to continue living?

2. do u have another sponsor (like ur husbands parents or ur own relatives here)?

3. do u have money to file AOS?

if the answer to those is yes, then you can file for AOS. there is nothing on the instructions that say that a person in jail cannot sign relevant forms. you will have to go through the procedure that the jail has for meeting ur husband and getting him to sign the forms he needs to, and write a detailed explanation in your application of why you have special circumstances for the interview. both the uscis and the correctional system are us government systems and there is no reason why they cant work together. in the cases where the USC is severly ill and unable to come to the interview uscis has either sent out an officer or even waived the interview. im sure this is a similar condition.

if you have answered yes to the above questions, please consult a good immigration attorney.

if you answered no, then it might be best to go home right now.

She will have to get the jail approval for her husband to sign any documents it will be up to the Director of that jail. She cannot bring any documents into the jail without the Directors approval.

Since he is incarcerate, he is not allowed to sign any documents unless the Director of the jail approve it.

I work very closely with ICE and many other agencies that incarcerate people, I am quite aware of what I have responded to this OP. If she wishes to file the AOS without his signature I have no comment on that, but to have her waiting to obtain his signature that is another story.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

She will have to get the jail approval for her husband to sign any documents it will be up to the Director of that jail. She can not bring any documents into the jail without the Directors approval.

I just checked, there are notary services that specialize in getting inmate signatures and notarizing them. There is no law against signing stuff from jail.

many people sign for divorce, bankruptcy etc. from jail. this is no different. unless he constantly gets into fights at jail and is denied for this (highly unlikely) he should be able to sign.

Edited by aayitrun

2006 - Entered US on F-1
2009 - COS to H-1
2011 - Married USC

Conditional GC Process:
35 days to biometrics, 73 days to EAD/AP combo card, 85 days to interview, 96 days to Conditional Green Card

5 days to extension,37 days to biometrics, 172 days to CSC transfer, 247 days to Green Card

29 days to biometrics, 105 days to interview, 147 days to oath and US citizenship

I just checked, there are notary services that specialize in getting inmate signatures and notarizing them. There is no law against signing stuff from jail.

many people sign for divorce, bankruptcy etc. from jail. this is no different. unless he constantly gets into fights at jail and is denied for this (highly unlikely) he should be able to sign.

These notary companys have a legal contract with the jail regarding what they can present and what they cannot present. The Director of the jail gives them their direction.

These notary companys have a legal contract with the jail regarding what they can present and what they cannot present. The Director of the jail gives them their direction.

please provide a link that says that. wardens of correctional facilities are not judges or the senate. they dont make laws, they simply enforce them. most inmates are allowed to sign legal stuff in jail.

here is an example of a mobile notary that does inmate notarization.

http://performancenotary.net/jailnotaryservice.nxg

they have legal contracts with the jail yes, but the discretion is not arbitrary based on the whims of the warden.

unless you have concrete knowledge of the process, please refrain from confusing the poor woman further.

Edited by aayitrun

2006 - Entered US on F-1
2009 - COS to H-1
2011 - Married USC

Conditional GC Process:

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is the number of the nearest philippine consulate office to you. 202-567-9300 email: phembassyusa@aol.com

call them or email them and see if they can help you

Thomas & Cleofe

please provide a link that says that. wardens of correctional facilities are not judges or the senate. they dont make laws, they simply enforce them. most inmates are allowed to sign legal stuff in jail.

here is an example of a mobile notary that does inmate notarization.

http://performancenotary.net/jailnotaryservice.nxg

they have legal contracts with the jail yes, but the discretion is not arbitrary based on the whims of the warden.

unless you have concrete knowledge of the process, please refrain from confusing the poor woman further.

Well you know this person can follow your direction and when she gets tied up between trying to get a piece of paper into the jail without the Directors approval, then she can say if I had only known the hassle that would have been. When was the last time you took anything into a jail house to an imate without approval?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.