86 posts in this topic

Well, she needs to eat doesn't she?

Desparate times call for desparate measures!

And what will you tell her when these 'desperate measures' get her in serious trouble?

:bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

The OP has no legal status in this country at the moment, yet there are people in this thread who are encouraging her to work "under the table." That is illegal and not the right way to go about things. OP, go with the other advice you've received -- contacting the consulate and an attorney -- so they can assist you in determining a legal way for you to remain in the country.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Thank you guys for all your inputs. I really appreciate it...for now i will try to find under the table jobs with my bike... i am communicating with his family about this but I dont want to wait and sit and do nothing...

any more ideas i will surely appreciate

poods

DO NOT work without legal authorization. Do not put yourself in trouble. U can not work under the table unless there is a work permit. I f u have to sell some stuff of your husband so u can come up with AOS money that would help i think. Or call the consulate ,ask for help and explain to them ur situation.

Do something about ur situation but do it the right way.

Do not take any chances or risk that wud cause u trouble in the future.

Filed: Timeline

DO NOT work without legal authorization. Do not put yourself in trouble. U can not work under the table unless there is a work permit. I f u have to sell some stuff of your husband so u can come up with AOS money that would help i think. Or call the consulate ,ask for help and explain to them ur situation.

Do something about ur situation but do it the right way.

Do not take any chances or risk that wud cause u trouble in the future.

OP has fought the hard battle and is already here, she should try to continue to follow the righteous path. Though I woudl not judge her if she is unable to due to circumstances.

Filed: Timeline

Hi...

I am in a very sad situation...

My husband (US citizen) got arrested recently and he will be in jail for a long time... i came here in the US last year via K1 visa and we haven't filed AOS yet... I don't know what I will do because I can't have a job yet or even have a drivers license... I don't know how I will support myself when my husband is in jail...I just wonder if i can file AOS so I could have the ability to work and somehow support myself...

your help will be appreciated

poods

Sorry to hear this, I hope that your Embassy can assist.

Thanks for sharing your story, it has caused me have a sit down and ponder about taking steps to protect my fiance in case something happens to me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I really don't want to work illegally..i can't get welfare. Ill see what i can do with the philippine consulate. We are lucky enough to own this house we live in and we only pay for basic utilities.

God help me...

poods

Besides contacting your embassy for help, see if there is a Catholic Charities in your area. http://www.catholiccharitiesusa.org/page.aspx?pid=292

They may be able to help with your needing food and other basics at the moment, and possibly could help you with filling out your AOS forms. It could not hurt to try.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I really don't want to work illegally..i can't get welfare. Ill see what i can do with the philippine consulate. We are lucky enough to own this house we live in and we only pay for basic utilities.

God help me...

poods

Rent a bedroom or the house and live there too. Get his family to help. Sorry to hear what you are going through. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am astounded that people here are actually encouraging her to do things illegally. "Desperate times call for desperate measures????" I know she needs to eat. That is what charities are in place for. Talk to your local church, I am sure they can give you some support. Contact the embassy, that is what they are there for. Under no circumstance do anything that is illegal or you will risk being sent out and never allowed to return. Don't waste your future on a circumstance. Help is out there seek it.

Also you never answered why he was arrested. People in this country don't just get thrown in jail without a chance to get out, unless it is something very very serious. You have other great LEGAL advice here. Follow it. There are many people who will be willing to help, if your actually taking the high road. If you start doing shady things it will only lead to much deeper hole and a lot more trouble.

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2011-12-07

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-12-13

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-04-02

NVC Received : 2012-04-06

NVC Left : 2012-04-17

Interview Date : 2012-05-09

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2012-05-18

US Entry : 2012-06-01

Marriage : 2012-06-08

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 111 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 148 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Oh the irony in this thread :rofl:

K-1
NOA1 Nov 25th 2011
NOA2 May 30th 2012 (not a typo, 187 days no RFE)
Left NVC Jun 18th 2012
Medical Jun 28th 2012
Pkt 3 sent Jul 3rd 2012
Pkt 3 rec Jul 9th 2012 (sent before received)
Pkt 4 rec Jul 30th 2012
Interview Jul 30th 2012 (refused for lack of ongoing relationship evidence)
Approved Oct 5th 2012
Visa delivered Oct 10th 2012
POE JFK-NYC Nov 28th 2012
Married Dec 24th 2012

AOS
Package sent Jan 30th 2013
NOA1 Feb 6th 2013
Biometrics Mar 4th 2013
EAD/AP card in production Apr 5th 2013
EAD/AP card in mail Apr 11th 2013
EAD/AP card arrived Apr 13th 2013
SS card arrived Apr 19th 2013

AOS approved Sept 19th 2013 (no interview)

ROC

Package sent Sept 13th 2015

NOA1 Sept 15th 2015

Extension Letter 1yr Sept 15th 2015

Biometrics Oct 15th 2015

RFE Jul 11th 2016

Infopass 1yr extension Aug 26th 2016

RFE response Sept 30th 2016

Interview Mar 15th 2017

"You are lucky we are busy today, we are trying to clear this area, otherwise I wouldn't let you in" - Atlanta CBP Securing America's Borders

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

about a dozen posts removed, either for advocating illegal activity or for quoting posts that advocate illegal activity.

please keep this in mind when posting - it is a violation of this site's terms of service to:

Condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, others on how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method.

one member thread banned and addditional admin action taken.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi...

I am in a very sad situation...

My husband (US citizen) got arrested recently and he will be in jail for a long time... i came here in the US last year via K1 visa and we haven't filed AOS yet... I don't know what I will do because I can't have a job yet or even have a drivers license... I don't know how I will support myself when my husband is in jail...I just wonder if i can file AOS so I could have the ability to work and somehow support myself...

your help will be appreciated

poods

OP, so sorry to hear your situation out there BUT please try hard to contact Philippine Consulate. I am very sure you still have that papers CFO was given to you prior your US travel, right? You may get help from them. Just like others said, you may have some stuff to sell in your house that could help your daily needs. I know its hard, but I pray you can get through this.

Although we have a different situation, me without EAD on hand, is scary. It is illegal when you have nothing to show when caught. You don't want to regret it later on.

You don't have timeline yet. Since when did you arrived to US? Were you not aware about AOS even right after you married?

I wish you Goodluck and God Bless you! PM me if you need someone to talk to.

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#0000ff"][i]
[/i][/color][/size] [size="5"]God Bless![/size]
[size="5"]BobGee[/size][/font]

[u]AOS TIMELINE:[/u]

01-30-2012: Submitted AOS application thru USPS (Chicago Lockbox)
02-06-2012: Received Text/Email, application received by USCIS
02-10-2012: Received mail/hard copy of I-131 (NOA)
02-15-2012: Received mails/hard copies of I-765 & I-485 (NOAs) / Mail for Biometrics Appt.
03-06-2012: Biometrics Appointment done
03-14-2012: Received mail for Interview Appt on 16th April 2012.
04-04-2012: EAD/AP approved
04-12-2012: EAD/AP card received ;-)
04-16-2012: Interview day - Approved! (waiting for GC)
04-23-2012: Welcome Letter touched
05-03-2012: GC on hand!

[b][color="#ff8c00"]*** Thank You LORD! ***[/color][/b][b][color="#ff8c00"]

[url="http://www.ezticker.com/"]
[img]http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/100/202/20120130/AOS/ticker.png[/img]
[/url][/color][/b]

as i recall the 134 was to show the op would not be a public charge so now the usc is not able provide as he promised the ins he would so as i see it she should file for goverment help yes i agree her husband would have to repay if/when he gets out as it was not her doings that got him there in my eyes he is as a dead beat parent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If absolutely everything else fails, you can file an I-243 to petition the US Government to remove you at their expense. Keep in mind that this will severely impact your ability to apply for a visa or enter the United States in the future.

I-129F / K-1 / AOS:

2009-02-21: Sent I-129F package to VSC

2009-11-09: Interview in Montreal - VISA GRANTED!

2009-11-21: POE - Moved to be with my fiancee :)

2010-01-23: Married!

2010-02-19: Sent I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), I-131 (AP) package to Chicago Lockbox

2010-03-01: NOA1

2010-03-16: Transferred to CSC!

2010-03-24: Biometrics in Buffalo

2010-04-21: AOS APPROVED!

2010-04-27: Received I-797 Approval / Welcome to America letter for AOS

2010-04-30: Received Green Card

ROC:

2012-03-12: Sent I-751 package to VSC

2012-03-13: I-751 package arrived at VSC (Hi D. Renaud!)

2012-03-14: NOA1

2012-03-15: I-751 check cashed

2012-03-19: Received NOA1

2012-03-27: Received biometrics appt. notice for 2012-04-19 in Buffalo

2012-04-09: Successful early walk-in biometrics at Cleveland ASC

2012-12-04: I-751 APPROVED / 10 YR GC PRODUCTION ORDERED!

Naturalization:

2015-11-30: Here we go again: Filling out the N-400

2015-12-21: Sent N-400 to Phoenix AZ Lockbox

2015-12-23: NOA Date

2016-01-20: Biometrics in Cleveland

2016-01-25: In-line for interview

2016-01-25: Interview scheduled!

2016-01-29: Received interview letter! Scheduled for...

2016-02-29: Interview in Cleveland - APPROVED!

2016-03-18: Naturalization ceremony in Cleveland! I am a US Citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.