Touched : 06/13/2011
got a NOA1 by e-mail and SMS : 06/15/2011
got "I-797C" hard copy of NOA1 : 06/20/2011
got RFE "I-797E" : 10/15/2011
RFE Reply : 12/15/2011
Touched : 12/16/2011
I-130 Approved : 12/20/2011
got "I-797" hard copy of NOA2 : 12/24/2011
Your I-130 was approved in 183 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC
NVC Case Number : 01/13/2012
Pay "$88" AOS Bill and e-mailed DS-3032 : 02/08/2012
Email from NVC, DS-3032 Accepted : 02/09/2012
AOS Fee Shows PAID : 02/09/2012
IV fee invoiced "$404" : 02/10/2012
IV fee invoiced "$230" : 04/18/2012
Pay "$230" IV Bill : 04/30/2012
IV Fee Shows PAID : 05/02/2012
Send AOS and IV packet : 06/09/2012
AOS and IV packet Received : 06/22/2012
Case completed at NVC : 06/29/2012

Interview Date : 08/28/2012 "Denied"

Case Reaffirmed : 07/16/2013

Second interview - Approved : 10/24/2013

Visa Issued : 10/29/2013

Visa in hand : 10/31/2013

For more details please visit my timeline

485.gif

Filed: Timeline

Harsh had his interview in Mumbai and needless to say it did not go well at all, Harsh said there was 2 male officers one a US officer and also an Indian officer and they grilled him for several hours about the age difference and they kept asking him how much he paid me to file the K-1 Visa just so he can come to the US!!! Harsh said they even showed him my face book account and said see she has lots of male friends and she could be your mother!! He said they were both yelling at him one in English and the other in Gujarati and kept insisting that he paid me to file for a K-1 Visa. Oh and here is the kicker they told him I was married before.I have never been married and Harsh told them that but they said she has a daughter, Harsh said yes I know but she has never been married before. They then said she has a security number so we know everything about her and she was married before!!! I called our Immigration attorney and also I spoke with my Senator, my senator assigned me one of her immigration aides and I spoke with him today and he already emailed the consulate. Harsh is going to fax me copies of all the papers they gave him he said they gave him a 221g and told him someone would contact him, then they also told him that they know he paid me and he probably will be banned from the US. I know for a fact that Harsh has never given me any money I have covered the cost of the entire K-1 process including his medical fees.It has been a very emotional day for both of us with lots of crying, but now more than anything I am mad as hell that they treated Harsh like he was a criminal when we have done nothing wrong but love each other and only want to be together. I hope those 2 officers have their big boy panties on because they are in for a fight. We will not take this lying down.

That is ridiculous! He is not a criminal. He is simply in love with an American. Age should not be a factor. I am sorry this happened to you. You make sure you do all you can to show them this is real love. Praying for you :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Employers these days are also asking for facebook login credentials to determine the integrity and morality of applicants.

If someone asks you for your facebook account, whether that be an employer or the embassy, just say you don't have one! I can't believe people haven't figure this out yet.

And if they do happen to find your facebook info, why are you setting yourself up to be probed so easily on the internet? Use an alias!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Thank you . I am trying to stay positive, but poor Harsh has been put through the wringer and i am worried about him. I have been in contact with my state senator and our attorney all day so hopefully we can get turned around the right way.

Sorry to hear about this. I believe how it could be for Harsh. I know they will call the person in private cabin, and how it can go there.

I would be frank with you - To change CO decision is not that easy, and neither so-called senator nor attorney can do anything to change CO's decision. These people can give you some hope, but you have to look for reality. No one can push CO to change their mind and grant the visa. If something can resolve the issue, then you are the only key. You really have to change the circumstance for this case, and it can only be done when you really prove it in actions. You really have to make your case that stronger, they believe your relationship without any question even it has so called red flags.

Here are the things that you can consider: Move to India, and spend good amount of time together, either 6 months or 1 year or more. You guys can know each other better in real life. Plus it will make your case much stronger.

Good luck you guys!

XrVRp5.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Scary to think whatever they misinterpreted on ur facebook.

But glad u are fighting and already making ur calls.

We the older woman younger men are behind ya dear. God bless and never give up.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Dear Amy & Harsh,

I am so sorry for your horrible experience with the Mumbaii consulate. I have been reading that interracial couples have a really hard time getting K1 Visa's through India. You don't sound like your the type that would just give up and that is great!! Keep moving forward and do what you need to so you can be with the man that you love!! I wish you both all the best and keep us posted.

GO GET'EM GIRL :bonk:

~Chrystal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Are you sure that he didn't interview in Guayaquil by tragic mistake?

Someone observed to me that a whole bunch of consular officers need to be hauled back to the U.S. in chains.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hang in there, I have seen worst at interviews! Good thing with the lawyer and as you said, let them prepare for the fight! The Nairobi embassy also does not allow petitoners it into the interview but I did get in and my wife would have been denyed, if I were not there. hopefully, if called back you can go there even if you have to wait outside. They might end up calling you to come in if your fiance indicates you are present.

Don't give up for this is what they want you guys to do!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Harsh had his interview in Mumbai and needless to say it did not go well at all, Harsh said there was 2 male officers one a US officer and also an Indian officer and they grilled him for several hours about the age difference and they kept asking him how much he paid me to file the K-1 Visa just so he can come to the US!!! Harsh said they even showed him my face book account and said see she has lots of male friends and she could be your mother!! He said they were both yelling at him one in English and the other in Gujarati and kept insisting that he paid me to file for a K-1 Visa. Oh and here is the kicker they told him I was married before.I have never been married and Harsh told them that but they said she has a daughter, Harsh said yes I know but she has never been married before. They then said she has a security number so we know everything about her and she was married before!!! I called our Immigration attorney and also I spoke with my Senator, my senator assigned me one of her immigration aides and I spoke with him today and he already emailed the consulate. Harsh is going to fax me copies of all the papers they gave him he said they gave him a 221g and told him someone would contact him, then they also told him that they know he paid me and he probably will be banned from the US. I know for a fact that Harsh has never given me any money I have covered the cost of the entire K-1 process including his medical fees.It has been a very emotional day for both of us with lots of crying, but now more than anything I am mad as hell that they treated Harsh like he was a criminal when we have done nothing wrong but love each other and only want to be together. I hope those 2 officers have their big boy panties on because they are in for a fight. We will not take this lying down.

Hope things go well for you, have faith and keep praying!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i would suggest a trip to INDIA ASAP. That would be the biggest proof that this thing is real. Get an appointment with American CO in India and show them your proof in person.

Edited by docebzz

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

I have no idea how they get my face book account but I have nothing to hide there they can call me and I will give them my password, if they want. I only use face book to play games mostly.

They dont need a psaaword all they need is your first and last name on the petition.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.