SunDancer

Nightmare of an Interview @ Mumbai 4/19

142 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Harsh had his interview in Mumbai and needless to say it did not go well at all, Harsh said there was 2 male officers one a US officer and also an Indian officer and they grilled him for several hours about the age difference and they kept asking him how much he paid me to file the K-1 Visa just so he can come to the US!!! Harsh said they even showed him my face book account and said see she has lots of male friends and she could be your mother!! He said they were both yelling at him one in English and the other in Gujarati and kept insisting that he paid me to file for a K-1 Visa. Oh and here is the kicker they told him I was married before.I have never been married and Harsh told them that but they said she has a daughter, Harsh said yes I know but she has never been married before. They then said she has a security number so we know everything about her and she was married before!!! I called our Immigration attorney and also I spoke with my Senator, my senator assigned me one of her immigration aides and I spoke with him today and he already emailed the consulate. Harsh is going to fax me copies of all the papers they gave him he said they gave him a 221g and told him someone would contact him, then they also told him that they know he paid me and he probably will be banned from the US. I know for a fact that Harsh has never given me any money I have covered the cost of the entire K-1 process including his medical fees.It has been a very emotional day for both of us with lots of crying, but now more than anything I am mad as hell that they treated Harsh like he was a criminal when we have done nothing wrong but love each other and only want to be together. I hope those 2 officers have their big boy panties on because they are in for a fight. We will not take this lying down.

Edited by SunDancer

Filed: Timeline

Harsh had his interview in Mumbai and needless to say it did not go well at all, Harsh said there was 2 male officers one a US officer and also an Indian officer and they grilled him for several hours about the age difference and they kept asking him how much he paid me to file the K-1 Visa just so he can come to the US!!! Harsh said they even showed him my face book account and said see she has lots of male friends and she could be your mother!! He said they were both yelling at him one in English and the other in Gujarati and kept insisting that he paid me to file for a K-1 Visa. Oh and here is the kicker they told him I was married before.I have never been married and Harsh told them that but they said she has a daughter, Harsh said yes I know but she has never been married before. They then said she has a security number so we know everything about her and she was married before!!! I called our Immigration attorney and also I spoke with my Senator, my senator assigned me one of her immigration aides and I spoke with him today and he already emailed the consulate. Harsh is going to fax me copies of all the papers they gave him he said they gave him a 221g and told him someone would contact him, then they also told him that they know he paid me and he probably will be banned from the US. I know for a fact that Harsh has never given me any money I have covered the cost of the entire K-1 process including his medical fees.It has been a very emotional day for both of us with lots of crying, but now more than anything I am mad as hell that they treated Harsh like he was a criminal when we have done nothing wrong but love each other and only want to be together. I hope those 2 officers have their big boy panties on because they are in for a fight. We will not take this lying down.

omg that's sick :angry: :angry: :angry: how many age gap are u guys?

that's good u guys contacted an immigration lawyer..goodluck!!!

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Im really sorry for what happened.

They shouldnt be allowed to treat anyone like that!!

I understand they need to be careful on who they let in but unless they have proof to support their "theory" otherwise they should just be doing their job, i.e. interviewing and accessing if someone ticks all the points to be granted a visa.

A big good luck for everything!

K1

23 Jan 2012: sent I-129F

01 Feb 2012: received hard copy NOA1

28 June 2012: NOA2

18 July 2012: LND case number

25 July 2012: sent packet 3 docs

28 July 2012: Packet 3 received

30 July 2012: medical done

09 Aug 2012: Packet 4 received

14 Aug 2012 8am: interview: APPROVED!

20 Aug 2012: VISA received!!

06 Oct 2012: POE in Anchorage (AK)

10 Nov 2012: Wedding in California

AOS

Jan 03, 2013: package sent to Chicago!

Jan 10, 2013: email/text notification of receipt of all 3!

Jan 19, 2013: biometric letter received

Jan 30, 2013: biometric appointment at 12pm

Mar 06, 2013: EAD/AP card in production

Mar 12, 2013: received interview appointment letter

Mar 15, 2013: EAD/AP combo card received!

Mar 21, 2013: Interview in Anchorage..APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Oh no how horrible for you both? How much of an age difference is there if you don;t mind my asking? And I don't understand the double standard. Why is it OK for a man to marry a woman many years her junior and not a woman? In this day and age in the US it's very acceptable for a woman to marry someone younger. My husband is younger than me, as well and hasn't has his interview yet. I pray for you and your fiance'. Stay strong, you will overcome this!!!

Timeline

Oh no how horrible for you both? How much of an age difference is there if you don;t mind my asking? And I don't understand the double standard. Why is it OK for a man to marry a woman many years her junior and not a woman? In this day and age in the US it's very acceptable for a woman to marry someone younger. My husband is younger than me, as well and hasn't has his interview yet. I pray for you and your fiance'. Stay strong, you will overcome this!!!

I am 38 years old and Harsh is 24 Years old.

Filed: Timeline

Thank you. I am 15 years older than Harsh. He is 24 and I am 38.

ONLY 15yrs....omg...something is not right? my friend she younger than her husband more than half of his age..i think 30-35yrs apart they never had that problem. i really wish that things will better later..i really do :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

This is horrible! I'm so sorry sad.gif. A good friend of mine also went through Mumbai and her fiance was grilled in a similar way and also told false misleading information in an attempt to intimidate him.

It just burns me up that they are allowed to pull false information out of thin air and throw it back in the beneficiary's face. mad.gif

It really is unfortunate that they do not allow USC petitioners inside the Mumbai consulate for the interview.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Timeline

:wow:

Wait, so how did they get that?

Sorry that this happened to you Guys.

I have no idea how they get my face book account but I have nothing to hide there they can call me and I will give them my password, if they want. I only use face book to play games mostly.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

:wow:

Wait, so how did they get that?

Sorry that this happened to you Guys.

It's not unheard of during visa interviews. I know of a case personally where the CO asked the beneficiary to log into his facebook account in front of him. This was also through the Mumbai consulate.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Timeline

Sorry to hear that, God does not like ugly, and that was very ugly of them. Keep praying.. I understand your pain.. My Fiance' is younger as well, and I had his baby in Febuary. He will be going to New Delhi, Lord be willing soon, Stay focus and Keep your head up. God Bless.. (F)

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I am sorry for this problem you are going through. All I can say is don't lose hope and keep fighting. Good luck to you

Timeline

I am sorry for this problem you are going through. All I can say is don't lose hope and keep fighting. Good luck to you

Thank you . I am trying to stay positive, but poor Harsh has been put through the wringer and i am worried about him. I have been in contact with my state senator and our attorney all day so hopefully we can get turned around the right way.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.