SunDancer

Nightmare of an Interview @ Mumbai 4/19

142 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

They can be together, but it will have to be in India rather than the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am a new member but I am not exactly new to VisaJourney. I have relied on this website extensively during my immigration process but never registered..until now. I felt the need to register after reading sachinky's comments regarding SunDancer's situation. I could be wrong but I get the impression that sachinky has a bit of "I am better than others" attitude. Her thinly veiled judgmental comments about SunDancer's relationship and her statement about how the CO granted her a visa in less than three minutes are just two examples. When I applied for a visa several years ago it was granted very easily and quickly. I did have a strong case, but two others I knew were denied at the same consulate, despite the fact they also had strong evidence. The point is that it is not always possible to explain (much less explain away) the CO's decisions simplistically. Nor should one try to. Sundancer felt that justice was not served in her case, and she approached this site seeking suggestions. I have no idea whether justice was served or not. But the best I can do is to offer her helpful suggestions, if I have any. If there is nothing helpful to say, I should at least have the courtesy to stay quiet. This is not meant as an attack on sachink. Not at all. Perhaps she is too young and needs help in terms of social skills.

Thank you!!! Very well said.

I am a new member but I am not exactly new to VisaJourney. I have relied on this website extensively during my immigration process but never registered..until now. I felt the need to register after reading sachinky's comments regarding SunDancer's situation. I could be wrong but I get the impression that sachinky has a bit of "I am better than others" attitude. Her thinly veiled judgmental comments about SunDancer's relationship and her statement about how the CO granted her a visa in less than three minutes are just two examples. When I applied for a visa several years ago it was granted very easily and quickly. I did have a strong case, but two others I knew were denied at the same consulate, despite the fact they also had strong evidence. The point is that it is not always possible to explain (much less explain away) the CO's decisions simplistically. Nor should one try to. Sundancer felt that justice was not served in her case, and she approached this site seeking suggestions. I have no idea whether justice was served or not. But the best I can do is to offer her helpful suggestions, if I have any. If there is nothing helpful to say, I should at least have the courtesy to stay quiet. This is not meant as an attack on sachink. Not at all. Perhaps she is too young and needs help in terms of social skills.

Thumps up :thumbs:

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

SunDancer, I am not familiar with the Counselor Processing, but there is always a solution. even if you need to go and request a meeting with the ambassador, I know may be it sounds crazy. if your lover her, I know you can appeal the officer decision or even you can go to the immigration court. Since you said that they treated him very bad this is completely nonprofessional. but u need to fight

AOS

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What has the Ambassador got to do with it?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

What has the Ambassador got to do with it?

I know an old friend , and the counselor granted him the visa, I am not sure what kind.

AOS

ROC

Sachinky is one of the most intelligent, literate, thoughtful, no-bullsh!t members of VisaJourney -- wise beyond her years, and a breath of fresh air.

Nobody said something else. And I believe most of the members like that :thumbs:

AOS

ROC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

You have got to be kidding me!!!! If my "barely legal" daughter were to bring home a man in her sixties- I'd have the same thought process as anything that applies to her life after she's "legal" and considered an "adult" which is " You are an adult, make your decisions and be ready to suffer any consequences that may come out of it". My fiance and I are 12 yrs apart in age, but as I'M the one in the relationship and I'M an adult, other people's concerns or opinions swayed me very little when our ages were discussed. You can't help who you fall in love with. If age was always a priority to you- then you would date someone close to you in age, if education was a priority- then you would date some with university degrees. As individuals, you make up your mind about what is important in a relationship and what is not. Age was never important to me, as I'm sure it isn't to many people who happen to fall in love with someone older/younger than them.

Spoken like someone who has no kids.

No. (but neither is Peter_Pan who made the comment)

She also stated that she's disgusted when she sees an older woman with a younger man, because it means that the woman has "low self-esteem".

Yes, and I stand by what I said, no matter how politically incorrect it is (and I don't mean 5 or even 10 years difference, unless he is a pretty boy from India or Africa; but so it happens, you never see the 60+ grannie marrying the 20smth German guy, wonder why?)

They can be together, but it will have to be in India rather than the US.

Lol, I'm pretty sure the Indian sweetheart will dump her the minute if he figures out he won't get a green card and American money!

Edited by Peter_Pan

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Sachinky is one of the most intelligent, literate, thoughtful, no-bullsh!t members of VisaJourney -- wise beyond her years, and a breath of fresh air.

"Intelligent and literate?" - certainly. "Wise beyond her years?" I am not sure! I am sure she is thoughtful, but not in the most prudent fashion. She has a proclivity to articulate (and publish) every thought that occurs to her, whether it has any value or not.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
whether it has any value or not.
"Value to whom?" is the question.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

:ot2: :ot2: :ot2: :ot2: :ot2: :ot2: :ot2: :ot2:

I think this is a k1 forum, it's not to discuss or chat about any other members, I respect all members, I hope we can keep it professional. :bonk:

AOS

ROC

Filed: Timeline

"Value to whom?" is the question.

I'm matured enough to be able able to decide what is valueable to me and what is not.

I suggest that forum members, like in the real world, be able to sift the wheat from the chaff.

"Intelligent and literate?" - certainly. "Wise beyond her years?" I am not sure! I am sure she is thoughtful, but not in the most prudent fashion. She has a proclivity to articulate (and publish) every thought that occurs to her, whether it has any value or not.

May I suggest the Ignore User function to you Sir?

Some of us find her thoughts valuable in our journey.

Spoken like someone who has no kids.

Yes, and I stand by what I said, no matter how politically incorrect it is (and I don't mean 5 or even 10 years difference, unless he is a pretty boy from India or Africa; but so it happens, you never see the 60+ grannie marrying the 20smth German guy, wonder why?)

Lol, I'm pretty sure the Indian sweetheart will dump her the minute if he figures out he won't get a green card and American money!

Perhaps someone should do a poll :devil:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Employers these days are also asking for facebook login credentials to determine the integrity and morality of applicants.

If someone asks you for your facebook account, whether that be an employer or the embassy, just say you don't have one! I can't believe people haven't figure this out yet.

And if they do happen to find your facebook info, why are you setting yourself up to be probed so easily on the internet? Use an alias!

U CANT NEVER SAY I DONT HAVE ONE,IF U DO HAVE...U BET YOUR #### THEY ALREADY FOUND IT OUT!!HAHAHA.... :devil:

BUT ,WHY TO HIDE OR WEAR AN ALIAS IF U ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG?IF THEY ASK MINE,I WONT HESITATE AND GIVE IT RIGTH THE WAY.....

IS EVEN BETTER ,IN MY CASE SO THEY SEE HOW MANY MESAGES AND PICS WE SENT TO EACH OTHERS!AND IT WILL BE A PROOF OF ALL THE TIME WE BEEN TALKING....;)

Filed: Timeline

U CANT NEVER SAY I DONT HAVE ONE,IF U DO HAVE...U BET YOUR #### THEY ALREADY FOUND IT OUT!!HAHAHA.... :devil:

BUT ,WHY TO HIDE OR WEAR AN ALIAS IF U ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG?IF THEY ASK MINE,I WONT HESITATE AND GIVE IT RIGTH THE WAY.....

IS EVEN BETTER ,IN MY CASE SO THEY SEE HOW MANY MESAGES AND PICS WE SENT TO EACH OTHERS!AND IT WILL BE A PROOF OF ALL THE TIME WE BEEN TALKING....;)

Because some of us as Americans hold our privacy seriously.

However if it means getting my baby home I'm constitutionally flexible enough to let the CO bore himself to death looking at my FB page. Who knows maybe he collects Butterflies too :rofl:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.