GeminiDreamer

DEVASTATED!! NEED HELP!!!!

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I AM SO DEVASTATED :crying: I NEED HELP, I AM A COLLEGE STUDENT, AND I WORK PART TIME AT A SUPER MARKET, I AM SO TERRIFIED THAT THEY WILL NOT ACCEPT MY FIANCE AT THE INTERVIEW DUE TO MY INCOME, I HAVE 200$ IN MY CHECKING, AND MY PARENTS DONT MEET THE POVERTY GUIDELINE FOR 5 HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS (WHICH WOULD INCLUDE HIM IN THE FIVE, IF HE WERE TO BE HERE ) BY JUST A LITTLE... CAN ANYONE ANYONE ANYONE PLEASE JUST GIVE ME ANY IDEAS I AM SO LOST, AND JUST HEARTBROKEN! WE GOT ACCEPTED AND WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR IT FOR SO LONG, I JUST COULDN'T IMAGINE MYSELF HAVING TO LIVE WITHOUT HIM BECAUSE OF MONEY! ;( PLEASE ANYONE ... I-134 ANY WAY AROUND IT?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I AM SO DEVASTATED :crying: I NEED HELP, I AM A COLLEGE STUDENT, AND I WORK PART TIME AT A SUPER MARKET, I AM SO TERRIFIED THAT THEY WILL NOT ACCEPT MY FIANCE AT THE INTERVIEW DUE TO MY INCOME, I HAVE 200$ IN MY CHECKING, AND MY PARENTS DONT MEET THE POVERTY GUIDELINE FOR 5 HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS (WHICH WOULD INCLUDE HIM IN THE FIVE, IF HE WERE TO BE HERE ) BY JUST A LITTLE... CAN ANYONE ANYONE ANYONE PLEASE JUST GIVE ME ANY IDEAS I AM SO LOST, AND JUST HEARTBROKEN! WE GOT ACCEPTED AND WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR IT FOR SO LONG, I JUST COULDN'T IMAGINE MYSELF HAVING TO LIVE WITHOUT HIM BECAUSE OF MONEY! ;( PLEASE ANYONE ... I-134 ANY WAY AROUND IT?

No way around it. Find another co-sponsor. ANY US citizen or Resident can be a co-sponsor.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Are there any friends of yours or other family members that could help you? An aunt? An uncle? A cousin? ... Anybody in your family? Friends of your parents?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Technically, the consulate may look forward to the 864 requirements which require 125% poverty. You would be filing this in the USA after marriage in order to adjust status to resident. Need to find another co-sponsor which meets 125% poverty.

Edited by L+T

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

i feel for you because i to have gone thru this. i have been married 4 years and i am finally adjusting status bc of this proverty guideline thing. i was off by 2,000 every year until i finally changed jobs and thank god i made more than enough last year. although my job only taxed me on 25,000 i made 32,00. my fingers crossed that all goes well with mines bc i sent them my original w2s. i will keep you in my prayers. good luck... but as everyone has already said ask around with friends and family seeing if they are willing to help. explain the situation. sorry again:(

Edited by srarios2008

AOS JOURNEY

02/24/2012---MAILED I-485,I-130,I-765, TO CHICAGO LOCKBOX
03/05/2012---CHECKS CASHED BY USCIS
03/08/2012---I-765 WAS TOUCHED
03/17/2012--RECIEVED RECIEPT NOTICE FOR I-485,I-130,I-765
03/23/2012---RECIEVED BIOMET
RICS APPOINTMENT
04/05/2012--I-485 RFE MAILED
04/07/2012--I-485 RFE RECIEVED
04/10/2012---RFE REPLY WAS SENT TO USCIS FOR I-485
04/10/2012---WENT TO BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT IN ELIZABETH NJ(NOW THE NEWARK OFFICE)

04/18/2012---RFE RECIEVD BY USCIS
05/21/2012--- EAD APPROVED CARD PRODUCTION EMAIL RECEIVED
05/24/2012--- SECOND EAD PRODUCTION EMAIL
06/26/2012-- AOS INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!
06/28/2012----APPROVED/CARD PRODUCTION EMAIL
07/07/2012-----10 YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVES

N-400 NATURALIZTION

03/21/2016--- MAILED/FILED N-400

03/24/2016 ---- PACKAGED DELIVERED

03/28/2016---- NOA RECIEPT NOTICE RECIEVED

04/08/2016--- BIOMETRIC SCHEDULED

04/22/2016-- BIOMETRIC DONE

06/20/2016--- INTERVIEW SCHEDULES

07/29/2016--- INTERVIEW/OATH

07/30/2016--- REGISTERED TO VOTE/PASSPORT

event.png

xweHm7.png
REPLACEMENT I-94 JOURNEY
01/20/2012--I-102 MAILED
01/27/2012--USCIS RECIEVED PETITION
02/02/2012--RECIEPT NOTICED RECIEVED
03/05/2012--RFE MAILED
03/10/2012--RFE RECIEVDD
04/05/2012---RFE REPLIED TO
04/17/2012--USCIS RECIVED IT AND IS UNDER REVIEW
07/11/2012-- STILL IS UNDER REVIEW HAHA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

I found a second job for two days a week just to put me over the income requirements for the visa...maybe you could try this?

good luck!

*Our K-1 Journey*

*11/7/11 - Sent I-129F Packet

*11/10/11 - Packet delivered to Dallas Lockbox

*11/16/11 - NOA1 Text/Email & Check Cashed

*11/19/11 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received (Notice Date 11/14/11)

*03/28/12 - NOA2 Text/Email (Notice Date 03/27/12)

*04/02/12 - NVC Recieved Package

*04/04/12 - NVC Sent Package to Embassy

*04/17/12 - Embassy emailed Packet 4 to me

*04/21/12 - USPS Interview Binder to Carlos

*04/26/12 - Carlos Medical Exam

*04/27/12 - Carlos receive Interview Binder from me

*05/04/12 - Carlos Interview 8:00 AM (Has to return with two more documents)

*05/14/12 - Carlos return to embassy with missing documents - VISA APPROVED

*05/18/12 - Carlos picks up VISA at Embassy

*05/19/12 - POE MIAMI

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

i feel for you because i to have gone thru this. i have been married 4 years and i am finally adjusting status bc of this proverty guideline thing. i was off by 2,000 every year until i finally changed jobs and thank god i made more than enough last year. although my job only taxed me on 25,000 i made 32,00. my fingers crossed that all goes well with mines bc i sent them my original w2s. i will keep you in my prayers. good luck... but as everyone has already said ask around with friends and family seeing if they are willing to help. explain the situation. sorry again:(

It doesn't matter if you employer withheld taxes on the money. It matters if the income was declared and included in the total income on line 22 of your tax return.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Perhaps your church could be a co-sponsor?

I-130

2011-08-20 Posted

2011-08-31 NOA1

2011-09-03 Touch

2011-11-18 Sent Expedite Request to USCIS

2011-12-09 Response Received for Exepedite Request

"Wait your turn" in a nutshell

2011-12-02 Sent Expedite Request to US Representative Ed Royce

2012-01-27 Sent Expedite Request to Immigration Ombudsman

2012-02-02 Sent Expedite Request to Senator Barbara Boxer

2012-02-02 Sent Expedite Request to Senator Dianne Feinstein

2012-03-08 Case transferred to field office for additional processing

2012-03-23 Now being processed at a USCIS office

2012-05-10 Transferred to another office for processing

2012-05-14 Now being processed at a USCIS office

2012-06-05 Approved NOA2

2012-07-17 NVC Case/Invoice # Received

Petitioner: US Born Citizen (Wife)

Beneficiary: British Born Citizen (Husband)

Your I-130 was approved in 279 days from your NOA1 date

Filed: Country:
Timeline
Perhaps your church could be a co-sponsor?

How could a Church be a Co-Sponsor? It needs to be a US Citizen or LPR, a Church is neither.

Here is a link regarding support: http://www.visajourney.com/content/support, but it says what the others have been saying.. you need co-sponsors or you need to increase your salary in some way to meet the poverty guidelines.

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Filed: Timeline

What is the official annual income requirement to be above the poverty line? I have no idea.

When my husband and I were married he was on a very high income working at NASA then he retired from his job and we are now living on his military retirement. We live comfortably but officially have no idea of what the poverty line is.

I concur with others in this thread. A friend of mine came from Australia and married someone who lives below the poverty line and she had to get a US citizen friend to sponsor her. The system worked and she is living happily married here in the US now.

Good luck! I hope everything works out for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

What is the official annual income requirement to be above the poverty line? I have no idea.

When my husband and I were married he was on a very high income working at NASA then he retired from his job and we are now living on his military retirement. We live comfortably but officially have no idea of what the poverty line is.

I concur with others in this thread. A friend of mine came from Australia and married someone who lives below the poverty line and she had to get a US citizen friend to sponsor her. The system worked and she is living happily married here in the US now.

Good luck! I hope everything works out for you.

They are listed here on this site or google "I-864P"

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Work full time?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.