chavelle

First AOS denied ...remarried.............

52 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Perhaps she assumes that if she stays in USA until the baby is born...there will be some consideration of her circumstances. I do not believe this will happen and she would be deported anyway or just live her with out papers. Just becuase you give birth here does not entitle a person to stay here. The only thing she would be doing is bestowing USA citizenship to her newborn and making a complex mess for everyone when Immigration finds her.

I believe in immigration reform and consideration on a case by case basis, but this situation is not right.

Regards...

Ok...So I just sent her the link for her to read.She replied "You are not helping me,you are not a good person and so I refuse to listen to you.How thoughtful? You are a bi#@$.Do not contact me ever again.You will see me with my greencard very soon.Do you own America? Did anyone try to stop you from settling in America? I DO NOT APPRECIATE YOUR HELP GOODBYE."

:whistle:

Perhaps she assumes that if she stays in USA until the baby is born...there will be some consideration of her circumstances. I do not believe this will happen and she would be deported anyway or just live her with out papers. Just becuase you give birth here does not entitle a person to stay here. The only thing she would be doing is bestowing USA citizenship to her newborn and making a complex mess for everyone when Immigration finds her.

I believe in immigration reform and consideration on a case by case basis, but this situation is not right.

Regards...

less reform...more proper enforcement and no more political meddling about. the law is the law.

just call immigration on her and give them her address. lmao

Ok...So I just sent her the link for her to read.She replied "You are not helping me,you are not a good person and so I refuse to listen to you.How thoughtful? You are a bi#@$.Do not contact me ever again.You will see me with my greencard very soon.Do you own America? Did anyone try to stop you from settling in America? I DO NOT APPRECIATE YOUR HELP GOODBYE."

Between love and madness

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

To piece it all together.

She married an LPR thus a visa number is not currently available. They will have to file the I-130 to get started then when her visa number becomes available she will have to interview in another country. She is out of status so she cannot file for adjustment of status within the US unless she is currently in status which she is not.

As soon as she leave the US she will incur a 10 year ban and an LPR is not eligible to file for a hardship waiver to overcome this ban as a US citizen would be.

This is addition to the almost impossibility of her obtaining the visa due to the appearance of fraud.

Best advice you can give her, divorce her LPR husband and marry a USC, this is the only way she will have her overstay forgiven and have even the slimmest chance of remaining in the good ole US of A.

Oh, and hope the shark attorney gets lots of money out of this.

Obviously she doesn't care. I'd honor her request and ignore her. She has no chance of getting a green card, but let USCIS be the one to tell her that when she is arrested.

Edited by ceadsearc

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Filed: Timeline

Are they from the same country? They can both move back...

I suppose once she reads this she can get a divorce and marry a USC... Shhhhh!

A prime example of a visa cheat....whose actions will impact others from her country who may well be bona fide, but may face additional scrutiny thanks to her.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

A prime example of a visa cheat....whose actions will impact others from her country who may well be bona fide, but may face additional scrutiny thanks to her.

Of course she can adjust status. Who knows her LPR husband, will become US citizen soon, or already on his way to naturalization.

To piece it all together.

She married an LPR thus a visa number is not currently available. They will have to file the I-130 to get started then when her visa number becomes available she will have to interview in another country. She is out of status so she cannot file for adjustment of status within the US unless she is currently in status which she is not.

As soon as she leave the US she will incur a 10 year ban and an LPR is not eligible to file for a hardship waiver to overcome this ban as a US citizen would be.

This is addition to the almost impossibility of her obtaining the visa due to the appearance of fraud.

Best advice you can give her, divorce her LPR husband and marry a USC, this is the only way she will have her overstay forgiven and have even the slimmest chance of remaining in the good ole US of A.

Oh, and hope the shark attorney gets lots of money out of this.

You forgot the removal proceedings have started after the first AOS was denied. She is now living on borrowed time - any new AOS submitted will get the attention and visit of ICE with the ticket out of the country.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

oh my goodness! she was ordered to leave and she didn't? that has got to be a big mistake. I think what you told her is correct and she needs to come to terms with the reality that staying in the US despite all her efforts just may not happen and she should be prepared for that. I'm sorry for your friend and sorry that she told you you were being negative and unhelpful because I certainly don't think the lawyer is more helpful than you and its too bad she's willing to trust the lawyer over you who actually cares about her! That situation would surely constitute a ban no?

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-08

Packet 3 Received : 2011-07-02

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-07-03

Packet 4 Received : 2011-07-21

Interview Date : 2011-08-24

Interview Result :Approved!

POE: 2011-09-12

Married: 2011-09-30

AOS filed: 2011-10-17

NOA1: 2011-10-25

Biometrics Appt: 2011-11-09

Case transferred to CSC: 2011-12-23

EAD approval: 2011-12-28

Husband secretly pulled I-864 thus cancelling I-485 application 2012-05-10

F22zm4.png[/center]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

"VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423."

Your "friend" is breaking the law. It is obvious she is just fishing for a GC. She is no "friend" and I suggest you report her for fraud. I would inform them of her removal order, her second marriage licence and her whereabouts. They will not approve her for a GC and she will deported with a sizable ban. They CAN and MIGHT deport her while pregnant so she doesn't give birth to a USC. In the event she gives birth before she's deported they will not order the child deported and the child will likely remain with it's father.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Illegal and collecting unemployment.

Lovely ...

This is an example of why people in the US scream about immigration which is too bad since obviously immigrants are some of the most lovely people! (Not to mention clogging the system up for the rest of us who just happened to fall in love with someone or are immigrating the honest way...)

7/15/11 Sent K1 Petition to Lockbox

8/10/11 STILL NO NOA1!

8/12/11 Called USCIS to get receipt number-NOA1 will be resent

8/16/11 Received NOA1 with date of 7/20/11

1/3/12 NOA2!!!

1/12/12 Got email notice we are through the NVC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

If the child is born before the LPR becomes a US citizen doesn't that mean that the child will not be a US citizen?

I thought a child born to a USC would be a USC. Anyone know?

If i am correct then you should tell her that she might have messed up her own plan if her plan was to have a usc child...and the child will be a foreigner also

Edited by togetherforever13

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

If you tell us her name and address...i promise we will not tell ICE. :devil:

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

from wikipedia:

Since the adoption of the Fourteenth Amendment to the constitution on July 9, 1868, the citizenship of persons born in the United States has been controlled by its Citizenship Clause, which states:

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

21 oct 08 : i-129F sent / 22 oct 08 : NOA1 / 23 feb 09: NOA2 / 13 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 3' / 28 mar 09 : rec'd 'packet 4' / 20 apr 09 : interview / 22 apr 09 : passport/visa delivery by courier / 29 apr 09 : POE @ PHL / <3 05 may 09 : married <3 / 06 jul 09 : AOS submitted / 09 jul 09 : NOA for EAD/AP/i-485 / 28 jul 09 : biometrics / 31 aug 09 : AP rec'd / 02 sep 09 : EAD rec'd / 19 oct 09 : conditional green card rec'd

16 jul 11 : i-751 sent to VSC (fedex)

18 jul 11 : fedex confirmed delivery; NOA1 generated

20 jul 11 : NOA1 notice rec'd; check cashed; touch

26 jul 11 : NOA2 generated

28 jul 11 : NOA2 biometrics appt letter rec'd

29 jul 11 : letter req biometrics appt rescheduling sent

09 aug 11 : biometrics appt (could not attend); NOA3 generated

11 aug 11 : NOA3 (rescheduled) biometrics appt letter rec'd

24 aug 11 : biometrics appt

14 oct 11 : conditional green card expiry date

16 nov 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR online

18 nov 11 : mailed i-865 for USC

22 nov 11 : moved house; NOA4 change of address for USC rec'd

13 dec 11 : filed AR-11 for LPR by phone

29 dec 11 : filed hardcopy AR-11 for LPR by mail

18 jan 12 : 6 month mark ROC

05 apr 12 : approval letter rec'd

16 jul 12 : n-400 filing window opens

immediate concerns:

none, immigration-wise.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.