LostCanadian

Anyone Care to hear my rant? (22 y/o Canadian stuck in the US)

72 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello all and thank you for taking the time to read this. I've always had a good positive looks on things, people, and life until now. I'm sitting here typing this with a massive headache.

For the first time in my life I am jealous.

I am an illegal immigrant from Canada (Born there). I came to the US in 1999 when I was 10 years old with my family who was here on some sort of business visa (PHX AZ). My parents had money and decided America was the new place to be and moved down here. Not sure what happened within our 4 year visa but we were not allowed to renew. My parents being from Iraq did not help after 9/11 (We are christian Iraqi's). Visa expired in 2003 and since then we are still here but now my family is broke (make just enough money to make ends meet). My parents insist on staying here forever and never returning to Canada because of the weather. They are lucky enough to have at least a Social Security card so they can get jobs, and loans..

Me.. I've got nothing. No papers. Immigration wise I'm just as good as those Mexican guys you see standing in the home depot lot. I've found out its pretty much impossible for me to get any kind of status here unless I am a famous athlete or a millionaire looking to invest. I have nothing and no one in Canada where I am a citizen. I have no money to even try to go back and start a new life. United States is all I know pretty much. It sucks seeing all my high school friends in Universities graduating and succeeding in life while I'm stuck here looking like a loser going nowhere (they don't know I am an illegal). I can't get a job anywhere unless I try to find someone who pays cash which is something I am against and its hard to find. I buy and sell stuff on craigslist to make money (so sad I know).

I now get extremely jealous seeing all these new Iraqi people coming here as refugees and the US government literally handing them green cards and putting them on a path towards citizenship. What really bothers me is that so many of these people are just lazy and unintelligent. They all live off welfare and food stamps. #######??? A person like me could make so much better use of a social security card, green card, and citizenship.

What am I supposed to do? Besides going to Canada with nothing. This just isn't fair.

Sorry for coming off really bitter and negative. I am seriously watching my life going down the drain right before my eyes and thats not a good feeling.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Go home, Iraq or Canada, you have choices.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

just wondering why you didn't seek help when you were close to 18 or just turned 18 to get your self into a legal situation with your expired visa. I understand you couldnt do anything while you were younger and at the mercy of your parents decision making but when you turned 18 you needed to have adjusted your status or at least spoken with an immigration attorney to help you figure out what your options are...

Maybe you should do that now....?

There are others here who have way more knowledge on overstaying etc than I do and I'm sure they will reply giving you more info

Good luck with it all...

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

He does not have any options to stay in the US, legally.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello all and thank you for taking the time to read this. I've always had a good positive looks on things, people, and life until now. I'm sitting here typing this with a massive headache.

For the first time in my life I am jealous.

I am an illegal immigrant from Canada (Born there). I came to the US in 1999 when I was 10 years old with my family who was here on some sort of business visa (PHX AZ). My parents had money and decided America was the new place to be and moved down here. Not sure what happened within our 4 year visa but we were not allowed to renew. My parents being from Iraq did not help after 9/11 (We are christian Iraqi's). Visa expired in 2003 and since then we are still here but now my family is broke (make just enough money to make ends meet). My parents insist on staying here forever and never returning to Canada because of the weather. They are lucky enough to have at least a Social Security card so they can get jobs, and loans..

Me.. I've got nothing. No papers. Immigration wise I'm just as good as those Mexican guys you see standing in the home depot lot. I've found out its pretty much impossible for me to get any kind of status here unless I am a famous athlete or a millionaire looking to invest. I have nothing and no one in Canada where I am a citizen. I have no money to even try to go back and start a new life. United States is all I know pretty much. It sucks seeing all my high school friends in Universities graduating and succeeding in life while I'm stuck here looking like a loser going nowhere (they don't know I am an illegal). I can't get a job anywhere unless I try to find someone who pays cash which is something I am against and its hard to find. I buy and sell stuff on craigslist to make money (so sad I know).

I now get extremely jealous seeing all these new Iraqi people coming here as refugees and the US government literally handing them green cards and putting them on a path towards citizenship. What really bothers me is that so many of these people are just lazy and unintelligent. They all live off welfare and food stamps. #######??? A person like me could make so much better use of a social security card, green card, and citizenship.

What am I supposed to do? Besides going to Canada with nothing. This just isn't fair.

Sorry for coming off really bitter and negative. I am seriously watching my life going down the drain right before my eyes and thats not a good feeling.

I was in Canada yesterday. Nice place, friendly people. Very polite. Awesome smoked meat sandwiches

Go there.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

This is why we need to make it economically impossible for US employers to exploit illegal aliens, this man is a good example of the horror many of these good people live everyday so we can have "cheap labor"

we need to implement a huge tax on anyone that exploits illegals for profit and avoids the labor, wage and hour, and other laws we have to protect people's dignity. We need to padlock ANY business that exploits humans like this.

We are flattered you chose our country, Sir, it is a waonderful country really, but as you see, there are some bad people here. Racist people that wish to exploit people of other nationalities to avoid paying proper wages and benefits. Racists who want to keep a class of people working to provide them cheap labor. I am sorry that this exists, it has been something our country has always struglled with. These people first had slavery and fought the elimination of slavery. Then they treated African Americans as 2nd class citizens for 100 years,until they finally got the respect they deserve, NOW they treat illegal aliens the same. Illegals are the new "slaves" and the same people try to keep you here, try to make it difficult for you to be removed, try to lure you here with false promises. Just to serve them and increase their profits.

Don't DO IT!

Go back to Canada, Sir! You can get a good job there, health care, respect, decent treatment. You do not need to live such a life to serve American business by lining their pockets with cash! Go home, Sir! Best of luck in life, Canada is a fine country, lots of opportunity there.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Also your parents may want to move back to Iraq if they prefer the weather. Saddam is gone and now Iraq is safe and prosperous. Thousands of brave Americans and Iraqis died to make it a better place for Iraqis to live. Now we have removed the military so they are now fully independent and a prosperous democracy!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Timeline

just wondering why you didn't seek help when you were close to 18 or just turned 18 to get your self into a legal situation with your expired visa. I understand you couldnt do anything while you were younger and at the mercy of your parents decision making but when you turned 18 you needed to have adjusted your status or at least spoken with an immigration attorney to help you figure out what your options are...

Maybe you should do that now....?

There are others here who have way more knowledge on overstaying etc than I do and I'm sure they will reply giving you more info

Good luck with it all...

I am sorry but this is the only response I can take seriously.

To answer your question. I previous to being 18 I never really knew/considered my immigration status was an issue. I was focused on my studied in high school and overall having fun with friends and my life. I realized what was going on when I couldn't get into a university. I was given false hopes and promises from my mother that she would help me acquire some sort of status here. I waited and waited for nothing until this past year and a half that I am screwed. I've looked in every corner and looked at every page. There's nothing I've found that I can do.

To the other posters... Wow. Am I being mocked or trolled here? These can't be serious responses.

LOL @ "Canada... Go there." Yes because it's just that simple right? I am just as American as anyone else in this country and have more American pride than anyone I personally know.

As for Iraq, I have nothing that associates me with that country other than my parents were born there. I'd be just as illegal there as I am here. I am seriously laughing out loud at the comment that Saddam is gone and there's no US military so it's a wonderful democratic country.. PLEASE!! I am surely being mocked here, are you completely delusional as to what's happening there along with the conditions? Ever watch the news and look past the propaganda? That Iraqi economy sure is booming now, US has nothing on Iraq.. Yeah, right.

Folks, I came in here looking for helpful advice. Not to be mocked and given rude responses to pretty much "get the #### out". If your idea of good advice is to just to go back to Canada with nothing and no one just to struggle to survive then please keep that to yourself. I am hurting no one and have done nothing illegal. I am not leeching of anyone's precious tax dollars as my family pays taxes too.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Folks, I came in here looking for helpful advice. Not to be mocked and given rude responses to pretty much "get the #### out". If your idea of good advice is to just to go back to Canada with nothing and no one just to struggle to survive then please keep that to yourself.

No one is mocking you nor were you given rude responses, as you say. You just do not like the answers you were given. You are the one who posted your story here on a public forum, yet you expect responding members to keep their opinions to themselves. C'mon. As was suggested, you may want to seek counsel with a qualified immigration attorney.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You are not just as American as the rest of us as we have/are immigrating the legal way and do/will have green cards and USC. Usually people that are in your position are there because they jumped the border not because they were brought by parents. You did mention that your family had some sort of visa originally. You are an overstayer not a border hopper ? Not that is help your position at the moment. The only time that makes a difference is when you are trying to adjust through marriage. Your stay since 18 means you are looking at a 10 year ban from the US. There is no reform that is seems to to be going in the minds of the voters when there aren't enough jobs for USC's. Your life is fully of sh-t at the moment, you need to see how to make something good grow from it. Good luxk

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed for tos violation:

Condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, others on how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country:
Timeline

You're right, it isn't fair that YOUR PARENTS SCREWED YOU OVER LIKE THIS JUST BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE THE COLD. How selfish of them to put you in such a position.

I am just as American as anyone else in this country and have more American pride than anyone I personally know.

I am hurting no one and have done nothing illegal. I am not leeching of anyone's precious tax dollars as my family pays taxes too.

NO you are not American at all! You are Canadian and that's where you belong unless you take steps to immigrate here legally.

The only way you can honestly say you're not leeching off our "precious tax dollars" is to show that your parents have paid enough taxes to cover the true cost of your presence in the US (which includes the public education, protection by police & fire, wear & tear on the roads & infrastructure etc) which I highly doubt. And now you're an adult who doesn't pay taxes but continues to utilize those resources.

Initially your parents were at fault but you have made a choice to continue living here illegally so you are now just as at fault as they are.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Currently you have no path to legal residence in the US.

Moving to Canada will offer you the opportunity to work, etc. No use debating the "fairness" of it all. The reality of your circumstances is that Canada is a good option.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses