xxxwabbiexxx

Pregnancy during the process is ridiculous

53 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are entitled to your opinion but this post has nothing to do with the K-1 visa process or procedure. I am moving it to general discussion and will keep it out of Off Topic for the moment.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

lol, i've heard of plenty people getting pregnant while having protected sex.

it does "just" happen sometimes.

United_States.gif Love Story Netherlands.gif

~~~~~~~~~

K-1

8/02/2011 -- Mailed I-129F to Texas Lockbox (overnight USPS)

8/03/2011 -- Delivered by USPS, signed for by C THORNQUIST

8/05/2011 -- NOA1 text & email, routed to VSC

8/10/2011 -- I-797C Received in mail

12/13/2011 -- NOA2!! :)

12/22/2011 -- NVC letter

1/03/2012 -- Marco received package 3

1/25/2012 -- Received interview date of 2/27

2/16/2012 -- Medical exam in Amsterdam- a breeze! BMR and DKTP shots given

2/27/2012 -- Interview in Amsterdam- Denied, need to obtain Belgian police certificate & reschedule

3/13/2012 -- Delivered Belgian P.C. to Consulate... status: APPROVED! :)

4/11/2012 -- POE Philadelphia :)

5/19/2012 -- Wedding!

~~~~~~~~~

AOS

7/24/2012 -- Mailed AOS Package

7/31/2012 -- Confirmation text received

8/1/2012 -- Check cashed

8/18/2012 -- Email alerting RFE for I-485

8/23/2012 -- Received biometrics letter (too late, appointment already passed!) and also RFE information

...and let the waiting games begin (again)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

In cases like this abortion may be the answer, mistakes happen but at whose expense??

United-States-of-America-LH.gif Bryan and Isabel Brazil-Brasília-National-Flag-RH.gif

Gonzalez

Our Timeline

03/02/2011 - Engaged

USCIS / VSC

12/20/2011: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox

02/16/2012: NOA1 Received, Forwarded to Vermont Service Center

XX/XX/2012: NOA2

NVC

XX/XX/2012: NVC received

XX/XX/2012: Case number

US Embassy Rio De Janeiro

XX/XX/2012: Embassy received

XX/XX/2012: Medical

XX/XX/2012: Interview

XX/XX/2012: Visa in hand

XX/XX/2012: POE Newark, New Jersey

FkP5m4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

You're not looking the whole picture here, it's not about getting pregnant just to expedite things. Some people really love each other and want to continue their love in the form of a baby.

Me and my fiance have a soon to be 4yr old. And we're together for almost five years now, and we don't regret a second having our son. Yeah it's wasn't planned (for me at least) I was on the pill, and yes it fails sometimes. He REALLY wanted a baby for that time, but I don't so I was taking the pill. But guess what! I got pregnant... He came to live here with me, he was here almost two years, but he didn't get used to the climate, and some other things.... so now we're moving on with the process.

Having a baby if a blessing, it doesn't matter if it's accidentally or on purpose.

And btw, we didn't stop going to "adult restaurants" because of our son, or travelling or so many other things. FYI "adult restaurants" have baby sits, so you can be with your baby and have a nice lunch with your family. And trips are hell a lot funnier with our son...

Edited by Dante & Geor

10-24-2012: AOS, EAD, AP Sent

11-04-2012: NOA1 AOS, EAD, AP

11-06-2012: Biometrics App Letter

11-16-2012: My baby boy was born

11-19-2012: Biometrics Appointment

12-29-2012: AP Approved

01-04-2013: EAD Approved

01-10-2013: Combo Card Arrived

ceE0m5.png iZBZm5.png

O8N4m5.png Zn0gm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Completely agree! Tony and I talked about birth control methods WAY in advance. I now have the Implanon rod in my arm and LOVE it. I got it in July and immigrated in September so I had time for it to "start working" and also the make sure it was the method for me (I had the depo shot first as a test as my doc told me it has the same hormones as the rod so I could test my body's reaction).

I can see accidents happening with the pill, with just condoms, and I know it sometimes happens on other forms of birth control but I'm willing to bet most pregnancies are either no birth control, just condoms (and the condom broke), just pills (and they didn't take them regularly)... basically avoidable situations. This is why I'm not on the pill. I know some people have zero issues but I just forget too often.

Tony and I DEFINITELY want to wait to have children. immigrating and dealing with that change was already such a big change, such a big emotional drain, we didn't and don't want to put the stress of a child and all that entails on our relationship so early... it is a big change going from living apart to living together permanently and learning about what living together means and each others flaws. We're almost 2 years together and I'm finally starting to feel like this is "home". Still miss home but could handle the emotional toll of raising a child without my siblings and parents around a lot easier. Definitely hard the first few holidays and I'm willing to bet when and if we have kids it's going to get bad again as well (with mum crying and what not).

Yeah so a long-winded reply but I agree. Accidents DO happen but when you're going through an already stressful process why add the extra pressure.. be EXTRA safe and EXTRA sure you're safe.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You're not looking the whole picture here, it's not about getting pregnant just to expedite things. Some people really love each other and want to continue their love in the form of a baby.

Me and my fiance have a soon to be 4yr old. And we're together for almost five years now, and we don't regret a second having our son. Yeah it's wasn't planned (for me at least) I was on the pill, and yes it fails sometimes. He REALLY wanted a baby for that time, but I don't so I was taking the pill. But guess what! I got pregnant... He came to live here with me, he was here almost two years, but he didn't get used to the climate, and some other things.... so now we're moving on with the process.

Having a baby if a blessing, it doesn't matter if it's accidentally or on purpose.

And btw, we didn't stop going to "adult restaurants" because of our son, or travelling or so many other things. FYI "adult restaurants" have baby sits, so you can be with your baby and have a nice lunch with your family. And trips are hell a lot funnier with our son...

Your situation is entirely different. You've been together a while. He's living with you there and immigration has suddenly just became a part of the process. I believe the OP is referring most directly to the people doing the K1, who've known each other maybe a year or two online, but only a short time in person and get pregnant on a "visit" during the K1 process. These people often expect it should speed up the process for them.

Sometimes people, particularly those from third-world countries, mistakenly believe that being pregnant will guarantee a visa. So they "accidentally" get pregnant on purpose so they can get to the US. It doesn't work like that, however.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

I agree, and not just for those of us who are in the process of a fiance visa. Unfortunately it seems to be all too common for American couples to do stuff like that, either they have a fling or they date someone for a couple of weeks and have sex without even talking about whether they are going steady or not. They always think "it won't happen to me" so they either don't use any birth control at all or inconsistent birth control. I know so many people, both my sisters included, that have this sort of attitude.

I've been living with my boyfriend for a year when he was on his J1 visa. Now we are filing a K1, and the whole year we were living together, even though we KNOW we can live together great and deeply love each other even more than when we first met, we decided to wait until marriage to have sex. We are both virgins so its not like we are missing anything, and even though we both want kids in the future we want to make sure we have time as husband and wife first. I had a rather hard upbringing where I didn't have a whole lot of stability growing up, and I really want better for my kids. I want to make sure we have enough time to spend learning how to be husband and wife, and then in about a year or so after getting married, we can start trying for kids. I'm going to be 28 when we get married and he will be 24, and basically once you have kids your lives are devoted to raising them until they turn AT LEAST 18 (of course for their whole lives but thats when they are dependent on you). And if you have multiple children it will be even longer. My dad was 56 when his last child turned 18, so I want to make sure we get some "just us" time before we start having kids.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying everyone should be like us and abstain completely, but you can use multiple forms of birth control. I'm also not going to tell you that you shouldn't have sex with someone when you've only known them IRL for a few weeks but you can choose to be smart and take precautions, or there are also plenty of things you can do that don't involve a risk of pregnancy :whistle::innocent:

And if people just get pregnant thinking that will make their relationship look more legit, or to try to speed up the process, imo that is a horrible thing to do. Using a kid to try and get benefits is really low.

I know accidents happen but most of the time they can be easily prevented if both parties are careful.

Brandy + Ben = <3
Dating online since June 2009
Met Feb 23rd 2010
Lived together in US on J1 Visa since Sept 28th 2010
Got engaged on Sept 21st 2011 :)
He went back to Australia at the end of his J1 Visa on Sept 22nd 2011 :(

Sent I129 on 10/26/2011
Received: 10/27/2011
NOA1 dated: 10/31/2011
NOA1 received in mail: 11/4/2011

NOA2!!!!! 01/25/2012 in 86 days! :wow:
Married June 4th 2012 <3

Like "I Support Austramerican Relationships" on Facebook!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Im trying to envision my fiance at his interview in Morocco and having to tell the CO that i had gotten pregnant while i was there... :oops: That is reason enough for us to take every precaution to ensure nothing such as that would occur. I had gotten pregnant for the first time early on in life and when you live through it you tend to see things differently as you get older.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Would you ask people who stop people abusing animals, and children, and arrest criminals, and drug and human traffickers (you get my drift) to "mind their own business"? The OP is expressing their disgust with people using children as tools, for putting children in the middle of an unstable situation. There is nothing wrong with that.

I'm sick of the "mind your own business" excuse. When your "business" affects other people (in relation to the OP, the innocent children) or runs the risk of doing so, a GOOD person speaks up about it. Some people do only get involved because they do want to get up in your life and think their opinion and choices are better than others, but the OP is expressing an opinion... did it kill you? No. Will it possibly make people think more about it before doing something so risky and in some cases so selfish? I hope so!

Please. This dude's post on Visa Journey isn't going to stop anyone from getting knocked up. He's just proselytizing and putting himself on a high horse. My daughter was born during this process. I had her because I wanted a child. It was my choice, and if things didn't work out with her father, I'd raise her on my own. Stay out of other people's uteri.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Im trying to envision my fiance at his interview in Morocco and having to tell the CO that i had gotten pregnant while i was there... :oops: That is reason enough for us to take every precaution to ensure nothing such as that would occur. I had gotten pregnant for the first time early on in life and when you live through it you tend to see things differently as you get older.

My husband did it. He got his visa- it didn't help or hurt him.