ace9

Can she be deported

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

A Filipina marries an American, she stays married to him for about 5 years when 3 are only required for her possible U S citizenship. However about 4 1/2 half years into her marriage, she becomes pregnant by another man in the U S. She moves out into separate dwelling and has a baby. Her Husband kind of forgives here and still helps her apply for U S citizenship. She is denied and not only denied is told she is under investigation and ICE is waiting for more information from wherever? It seems ICE is suspecting marriage fraud not just because of her affair but other information that was sent to them. It seems that some of her answers and her husbands answers that were originally asked to them in their original interview in the country she migrated from {on her Marriage Visa} did not match.

Is she still home free as not being able to be deported because she has baby from the affair of another man?

Committing adultery and having a baby as a result will have no bearing on ICE's investigation. If ICE has concrete evidence that

her 1st marriage was based on fraud, I don't think there is anything she can do when she is ordered deported by an immigration

judge. I hope they have consulted/hired a reputable immigration attorney. Just my two cents!

Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens meGC Received: 02/04/2012

Useful Links for K-1 Visa Petition for USEM Philippines:

Packet 3 for K-1: http://photos.state....3__rtf2_001.pdf

St Luke's Website: http://www.slec.ph/u...ml#clinic-hours

Link to Schedule Interview: http://cgifederal.force.com/

CFO Website for Seminar: http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Povery Guideline: http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

Website to Download DS 156, 156K, & 157: http://travel.state....forms_1342.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

A Filipina marries an American, she stays married to him for about 5 years when 3 are only required for her possible U S citizenship. However about 4 1/2 half years into her marriage, she becomes pregnant by another man in the U S. She moves out into separate dwelling and has a baby. Her Husband kind of forgives here and still helps her apply for U S citizenship. She is denied and not only denied is told she is under investigation and ICE is waiting for more information from wherever? It seems ICE is suspecting marriage fraud not just because of her affair but other information that was sent to them. It seems that some of her answers and her husbands answers that were originally asked to them in their original interview in the country she migrated from {on her Marriage Visa} did not match.

Is she still home free as not being able to be deported because she has baby from the affair of another man?

I'm pretty sure she'll get deported regardless of who the father of the child is, if ICE determines that she committed immigration fraud.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The baby will not prevent action from being taken. That myth is just that, a myth.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

; yes, she can be deported IF ICE have evidence that marriage is based on Fraud.

ICE will do what ICE has to do.

Action = reaction (-from ICE :pop:)

Edited by Channah&Aaron

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

OPPS!!!! i smell a TNT......mercey....:whistle: iam afriad she may be into trouble...

12/22/2010...married my soulmate,in tagaytay city.

USCIS...
01/28/2011...mailed I-130 to chicago Lockbox.....The journey begins
01/31/2011...receive I-130
02/05/2011...get a e-mail notice of NOA-1...states case transferred to CSC
02/08/2011...check clears my bank
02/10/2011... rec. hardcopy NOA-1 in mail...priority date..01/31/2011.....sit back relax and ride this slow mule!!
02/14/2011... touched ( it must have fallen on the floor )..hehe
05/12/2011...NOA-2 OMG...98days u kidding me!!!!!!!

NVC......

05/26/2011... finally got NVC case number...
05/28/2011... receive DS-3032 in e-mail/e-mailed the DS-3032 back
05/28/2011... receive AOS fee bill/ and paid online.
06/01/2011... AOS fee bill shows paid.
06/02/2011... DS-3032 accepted
06/03/2011... IV-bill generated and sented by e-mail
06/04/2011... Paid IV fee bill/ in progress
06/07/2011... IV fee bill showed paid/ downloaded cover sheet
06/08/2011... Express mail both the I-864(AOS) and DS-230
06/09/2011... Confirmed del at 11:10am signed by N visa center.
06/21/2011... SIF...yea!!! called NVC..yes case complete but no interview dates until aug..rats!!
06/28/2011... issured interview date set for 08/08/2011 At 6:30am.
07/12&13/2011... medical
YEA SHE PASSED MEDICAL

08/08/2011... interview approved!!!
08/19/2011...usa/arkansas.....

ROC

05/23/2013... mailed I-751 to Vermont

05/25/2013...delivery confirm received

05/30/2013...check cleared bank

06/01/2013...rec. NOA1 (receipt date 05/28/2013)

06/24/2013... biometrics appointment

Filed: Other Timeline

If USCIS establishes material misrepresentation at any point of their immigration journey, they can totally pull the plug at any time up to 2 years after the naturalization.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I forgot to mention, she has been in the U S over 2 years while married and the conditional residency has been removed, so does that mean even if ICE feels there was marriage fraud on her original application she can not be removed?

She has been here 5 years

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

FYI in the work my agency has done with immigrant women with children... you can be deported without your children.

7/15/11 Sent K1 Petition to Lockbox

8/10/11 STILL NO NOA1!

8/12/11 Called USCIS to get receipt number-NOA1 will be resent

8/16/11 Received NOA1 with date of 7/20/11

1/3/12 NOA2!!!

1/12/12 Got email notice we are through the NVC.

The length of time she's been in the US and having a US citizen baby do not exempt her from being deported if she was found to have committed fraud for immigration benefits.

ROC

AR11 filed: 02/05/11

I-751 filed at Vermont Service Center: 02/07/11

NOA: 02/14/11

Biometrics appt: 03/21/11

RoC Interview: Not required

RoC Approved: 08/04/2011

10 yr Green card received: 08/10/2011

She's not "home free." She won't be home free until ICE - and ONLY ICE - determines she did not commit immigration fraud. Until that happens (or doesn't), anything else that occurs is irrelevant to the process.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I forgot to mention, she has been in the U S over 2 years while married and the conditional residency has been removed, so does that mean even if ICE feels there was marriage fraud on her original application she can not be removed?

She has been here 5 years

The child is irrelevant. Doesn't matter who the father is. She can be deported, and be deported without the child. The child is a USC, the mother is not and so the US will deport the mother, but not deport the child. She will need a custody agreement allowing her to take the child out of the US (if she's deported). It's not like the Philippines where if she's not married the kid is hers (and the father has no rights). Here in the US the father has rights. If she's deported, it's likely he'll get the kid unless she can prove he's a bad father or that being apart from her is bad for the kid. Also bear in mind that if ordered deported she will be put in detention (usually) until she is deported. The child will not. If she doesn't get a court order granting FULL custody to her before deportation (which would be hard from immigration jail) then she won't be able to take the child with her and it's unlikely that once she's gone (and unable to come back for at least 10 years... if at all) that a judge will grant her custody.

If ICE has proof of her fraud then yes she can be deported. She is only "safe" if she's become a USC, and has been a USC for at least 2 years. Your post admits she is not a USC and has therefore has no relief from deportation.

She will not be able to get USC while she is under investigation so don't think that's an option either.

Sorry. Doesn't look good for your friend.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I would just add that the affair and child by another man after 4 plus years of marriage, is not itself an indicator of fraud. The OP mentioned other things sent to USCIS in addition but not what was sent. If she's being investigated it will be because the "other things" were deemed credible enough to warrant the investigation.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline

The child is irrelevant. Doesn't matter who the father is. She can be deported, and be deported without the child. The child is a USC, the mother is not and so the US will deport the mother, but not deport the child. She will need a custody agreement allowing her to take the child out of the US (if she's deported). It's not like the Philippines where if she's not married the kid is hers (and the father has no rights). Here in the US the father has rights. If she's deported, it's likely he'll get the kid unless she can prove he's a bad father or that being apart from her is bad for the kid. Also bear in mind that if ordered deported she will be put in detention (usually) until she is deported. The child will not. If she doesn't get a court order granting FULL custody to her before deportation (which would be hard from immigration jail) then she won't be able to take the child with her and it's unlikely that once she's gone (and unable to come back for at least 10 years... if at all) that a judge will grant her custody.

If ICE has proof of her fraud then yes she can be deported. She is only "safe" if she's become a USC, and has been a USC for at least 2 years. Your post admits she is not a USC and has therefore has no relief from deportation.

She will not be able to get USC while she is under investigation so don't think that's an option either.

Sorry. Doesn't look good for your friend.

US citizenship can be revoked for a naturalized person at any time for immigration fraud. Look up all the old Nazis who lied to enter the US after World War II. Even in their 80s and 90s, they were stripped of their US citizenship and deported.

Filed: Other Timeline

US citizenship can be revoked for a naturalized person at any time for immigration fraud. Look up all the old Nazis who lied to enter the US after World War II. Even in their 80s and 90s, they were stripped of their US citizenship and deported.

JoJo,

there is no need to go there here and now. It is in no way related to the I.O.'s case, as she wasn't a prison guard during the NAZI regime in the 1930s and deliberately answered NO in regard to this question on the N-400. Totally different thing.

I've read extensively about this, because I find it fascinating, but having a court declaring the naturalization void differs from an I.O. revoking it based on executive powers which indeed end two years after the naturalization happens.

Yes, if a naturalized U.S. citizen was working under the NAZI regime or helped overthrow a government or joins Al-Qaeda and commits acts of terrorism against the U.S. his or her U.S. citizenship can be revoked by a federal court until hell freezes over. But again, that is a huge deal and you can count the cases that happened on the fingers of your hands.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.