betrayed woman

BETRAYED-NEED ADVICE TO CANCEL AOS

122 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

MY HUSBAND GOT BIOMETRICS AND EAD IS PENDING. AOS IS BEING PROCESSED OUT OF CSC, SENT IN MAY. CAN I STOP THIS PROCESS? I NEED TO GET A DIVORCE OR ANNULMENT, POSSIBLY FOR FRAUD. PLEASE HELP

HERE ARE SOME DETAILS OF THE SITUATION. THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE.

I GOT MARRIED IN MAY, TO WHO I THOUGHT WAS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE. I FOUND EMAILS MY HUSBAND WAS SENDING ANOTHER WOMAN IN HIS COUNTRY TELLING HER HOW MUCH HE LOVED HER AND SENDING PHOTOS WITH NO CLOTHES. ACCORDING TO THE EMAILS, THIS WOMAN HAS A BABY FROM MY HUSBAND AND JUST TOLD HIM ONE MONTH AGO, THIS IS WHEN THE EMAILS STARTED. THE BABY WAS CONCEIVED AND BORN BEFORE I MET MY HUSBAND. HOWEVER, HE HAS BEEN EMAILING HER TELLING HER HOW MUCH HE LOVES HER AND HOW HE MISSES HER AND TO WAIT FOR HIM. HE EVEN WENT AS FAR AS TO TELL HER THAT HIS WIFE CAME HOME EARLY AT 2PM TODAY SO HE CANT CALL AND THAT I USUALLY COME HOME AT 5:30PM. THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT WAITING OUT HIS RESIDENCY CARD. I AM COMPLETELY BETRAYED AND AFTER CONFRONTING HIM HE HAS LEFT, WITH HIS BELONGINGS, NO PHONE, NO MONEY. I DID NOT ASK HIM TO LEAVE, BUT I DID ASK TO TELL ME THE TRUTH. HE SAID THIS WOMAN FOUND OUT HE WAS IN USA AND GOT HIS PHONE NUMBER AND CALLED AND TOLD HIM SHE HAD HIS BABY, SHE IS FROM A PREVIOUS RELATIONSHIP. HE DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BABY, ETC. THE EMAILS CONFIRM THIS PART, HOWEVER HE DID ALSO SAY HE IS SO SAD AND DEPRESSED HERE AND HE LOVES HER SO MUCH AND TO WAIT FOR HIM. HE TOLD ME HE SAID THESE THINGS BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT SHE WANTED TO HEAR AND SHE WAS THREATENING HIM WITH NEVER BEING ABLE TO SEE HIS DAUGHTER. HE ALSO SAID SHE KEPT DEMANDING VIDEOS AND PICS TO BE SENT BECAUSE HE IS NOT WORKING AND DOES NOT HAVE ANY MONEY TO SEND HER, HE DID THESE THINGS TO BE ABLE TO SEE HIS DAUGHTER ONE DAY. SO HERE I AM LIKE AN IDIOT FOR THE PAST MONTH, WHILE MY HUSBAND IS TAKING PICS W NO CLOTHES AND EMAILING THIS WOMAN WHILE I AM WORKING. I WILL NEVER TRUST HIM AGAIN, I CANNOT BE WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS BETRAYED ME. THANKFULLY WE HAVE NO KIDS TOGETHER. I JUST NEED TO TRY AND MOVE ON AND GET AN ANNULMENT OR DIVORCE AND STOP THIS AOS PROCESS. I AM A REGULAR VJ MEMBER, BUT I AM TOO EMBARRASSED TO POST THIS UNDER MY VJ NAME. THANK YOU ALL.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I am so sorry to hear that. :/ i wish there were some magical words to say to you.

USCIS (155 Days)

12/20/2010 - Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lock Box via USPS Express Mail

12/22/2010 - Delivered (online tracking confirmation)

12/27/2010 - NOA1 Email and Text from USCIS. Off to CA!!

12/30/2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received. Priority date is 12/22/2010.

02/16/2011 - Touched

05/26/2011 - NOA2 155 days after NOA1!

05/31/2011 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. No text or email notification.

NVC (21 Days)

06/10/2011 - NVC Received

06/14/2011 - NVC Case & IIN Numbers Received

06/14/2011 - DS3032 Sent via Email

06/16/2011 - AOS bill generated and paid

06/17/2011 - DS3032 Accepted

06/20/2011 - AOS shows as PAID

06/20/2011 - IV bill generated

06/22/2011 - IV bill paid

06/22/2011 - AOS package sent

06/24/2011 - IV shows as PAID and package sent/AOS package delivered

06/27/2011 - IV package delivered

06/30/2011 - Medical Exam

07/11/2011 - SIF!

07/12/2011 - CASE CLOSED

09/23/2011 - INTERVIEW at 8am

09/23/2001 - APPROVED!!

10/06/2011 - POE at LAX

LIFE AFTER THE FACT

02/23/2012 - OUR SON WAS BORN!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

MY HUSBAND GOT BIOMETRICS AND EAD IS PENDING. AOS IS BEING PROCESSED OUT OF CSC, SENT IN MAY. CAN I STOP THIS PROCESS? I NEED TO GET A DIVORCE OR ANNULMENT, POSSIBLY FOR FRAUD. PLEASE HELP

HERE ARE SOME DETAILS OF THE SITUATION. THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE.

I GOT MARRIED IN MAY, TO WHO I THOUGHT WAS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE. I FOUND EMAILS MY HUSBAND WAS SENDING ANOTHER WOMAN IN HIS COUNTRY TELLING HER HOW MUCH HE LOVED HER AND SENDING PHOTOS WITH NO CLOTHES. ACCORDING TO THE EMAILS, THIS WOMAN HAS A BABY FROM MY HUSBAND AND JUST TOLD HIM ONE MONTH AGO, THIS IS WHEN THE EMAILS STARTED. THE BABY WAS CONCEIVED AND BORN BEFORE I MET MY HUSBAND. HOWEVER, HE HAS BEEN EMAILING HER TELLING HER HOW MUCH HE LOVES HER AND HOW HE MISSES HER AND TO WAIT FOR HIM. HE EVEN WENT AS FAR AS TO TELL HER THAT HIS WIFE CAME HOME EARLY AT 2PM TODAY SO HE CANT CALL AND THAT I USUALLY COME HOME AT 5:30PM. THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT WAITING OUT HIS RESIDENCY CARD. I AM COMPLETELY BETRAYED AND AFTER CONFRONTING HIM HE HAS LEFT, WITH HIS BELONGINGS, NO PHONE, NO MONEY. I DID NOT ASK HIM TO LEAVE, BUT I DID ASK TO TELL ME THE TRUTH. HE SAID THIS WOMAN FOUND OUT HE WAS IN USA AND GOT HIS PHONE NUMBER AND CALLED AND TOLD HIM SHE HAD HIS BABY, SHE IS FROM A PREVIOUS RELATIONSHIP. HE DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BABY, ETC. THE EMAILS CONFIRM THIS PART, HOWEVER HE DID ALSO SAY HE IS SO SAD AND DEPRESSED HERE AND HE LOVES HER SO MUCH AND TO WAIT FOR HIM. HE TOLD ME HE SAID THESE THINGS BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT SHE WANTED TO HEAR AND SHE WAS THREATENING HIM WITH NEVER BEING ABLE TO SEE HIS DAUGHTER. HE ALSO SAID SHE KEPT DEMANDING VIDEOS AND PICS TO BE SENT BECAUSE HE IS NOT WORKING AND DOES NOT HAVE ANY MONEY TO SEND HER, HE DID THESE THINGS TO BE ABLE TO SEE HIS DAUGHTER ONE DAY. SO HERE I AM LIKE AN IDIOT FOR THE PAST MONTH, WHILE MY HUSBAND IS TAKING PICS W NO CLOTHES AND EMAILING THIS WOMAN WHILE I AM WORKING. I WILL NEVER TRUST HIM AGAIN, I CANNOT BE WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS BETRAYED ME. THANKFULLY WE HAVE NO KIDS TOGETHER. I JUST NEED TO TRY AND MOVE ON AND GET AN ANNULMENT OR DIVORCE AND STOP THIS AOS PROCESS. I AM A REGULAR VJ MEMBER, BUT I AM TOO EMBARRASSED TO POST THIS UNDER MY VJ NAME. THANK YOU ALL.

I am so sorry to hear that. I think (not sure) you can write a letter stating that you are cancelling the AOS to the USCIS.

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I'm so sorry to hear that this happened to you. Maybe you should try to call USCIS to ask them what you need to do if you want to cancel the AOS, you don't need to give them the exact details, just tell them you want to cancel it. I'm sure the will tell you exactly what you need to do.

If you have all those emails and conversations of your husband with that woman, you can contact a lawyer and try to get an annulment for fraud, or divorce.

Best wishes for you

10-24-2012: AOS, EAD, AP Sent

11-04-2012: NOA1 AOS, EAD, AP

11-06-2012: Biometrics App Letter

11-16-2012: My baby boy was born

11-19-2012: Biometrics Appointment

12-29-2012: AP Approved

01-04-2013: EAD Approved

01-10-2013: Combo Card Arrived

ceE0m5.png iZBZm5.png

O8N4m5.png Zn0gm5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Best step would be to withdraw the affidavit of support.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Pull your I-864 by calling / mailing / faxing your request to cancel it. That you no longer wish to sponsor him. Report him to ICE if he is using you for a green card.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Oh sorry, you're the American? (I was asking my previous question about which you were, in case you were the foreign bride and may still want to remain in US after your unfortunately situation is resolved.)

Her post says her husband had his biometrics and is waiting on his EAD and AOS. Also says that HE is talking to a woman from HIS country and telling her he has to wait out his residency process.

Yes she is the american, she is also asking how to remove her support of the AOS and cancel the AOS!

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Thread has been moved from the K-1 forum to the Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits forum as a more appropriate location for discussion and advice

I am so sorry that this happened to you. I know our members will be able to advise you on your next steps.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

very simple, don't waste any more day, call USCIS or request a InfoPass and cancel this application

You are the American Citizen, you have the power to deport him like yesterday! so don't worry about this not even for a second

I can't stress enough how easy it would be to deport him!

then just turn the page.

Edited by vkn & jsb

09/01/2002 - Came to USA on an F-1

-
03/11/2011 - (Day 01) - AOs Package Delivered

08/08/2011 - (Day 150) - Green Card arrived

-

04/30/2013 - (Day 00) - I-751 Package Sent

05/01/2013 - (Day 01) - I-751 Package Delivered

01/16/2014 - (Day 261) - I-751 Interview, verbal approval on the spot

04/08/2014 - (Day 343) - I-751 Approved

-

04/28/2014 - (Day 00) - N-400 Package Sent

04/30/2014 - (Day 01) - N-400 Package Delivered

05/03/2014 - (Day 04) - NOA Receipt Date

05/27/2014 - (Day 29) - Walk-In Biometrics (original date was 06/04/2014)

06/27/2014 - (Day 60) - In Line for Interviewing

10/06/2014 - (Day 102) - Interview in Long Island City Field Office, Result: RFE given

10/06/2014 - (Day 102) - Responded RFE

01/23/2015 - (Day 211) - Naturalization Oath Ceremony

01/23/2015 - (Day 211) - US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

So sorry for what happened to you :( Cancel the affidavit of support. Such a sad thing when someone you love and went through this Journey stabs you in the back.You must be devastated...Be Strong....I will be praying for you (F)

Edited by AYMAN_RINA

VMnmm7.pngrSeTm7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
very simple, don't waste any more day, call USCIS or request a InfoPass and cancel this application

You are the American Citizen, you have the power to deport him like yesterday! so don't worry about this not even for a second

I can't stress enough how easy it would be to deport him!

then just turn the page.

Ummm no. SHE cannot deport him and SHE cannot cancel HIS application. She can pull HER Affidavit of Support which will cancel the application because without support, he cannot adjust.

OP - you should report him to ICE and if you have the emails as proof, provide them. He may still attempt to adjust status by claiming abuse so you need to make sure you report him so it's harder to do so.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.