476 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It means that it should be translated and notarized. I had made two notarized translations before I went to my K1 visa interview in Ukraine; now I have one left for filing AOS when I'm in the US and married.

AOS

04-16-2008: AOS package Sent to Chicago via Express Mail

05-13-2008: Biometrics

05-22-2008: AOS trasfered to CSC

06-13/17-2008: EAD Approved (2 CRIS email)

06-18/19-2008: AOS touch

06-20-2008: EAD Approval Notice Sent (email)

06-23-2008: EAD in mail

06-23-2008: Another EAD touch (9AM), EAD IN MAIL (1PM)

07-14-2008: I-485 Card Production Ordered

07-21-2008: Green Card in mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello! Quick question here...

A friend of mine from Venezuela has been to the US for 2 years with a student visa (she goes to college here) but she got married 2 weeks ago with an American citizen. They asked me how I have been doing with my AOS. My case is very different since I arrived with a K-1 visa. So I don't know what to answer to her, and they don't have a clue about where to start. Which should be the first steps for them to take?

Thanks!!!

I was on a student visa prior to being married. I filled out form I-485, I-130, I-765, and I-131. The process is exactly the same expect the I-130 is a petition for Alien Relative and gives them a visa number. I was told that I shouldn't leave the country until I had my green card (I switched schools and my new school was retarded and didn't give me a new F-1 visa, my visa was for my other school and it has to be signed every year by someone at the school in order for you to leave the country and be able to come back. Since my old school was in Idaho and my new one in GA there was no way I was getting it signed. But it was still valid so an immigration lawyer told me not to worry about getting a new one). So she might be able to leave the country if she has to and come back with her student visa as long as she keeps an ID in her maiden name and not say anything about being married.

AOS

01/21/2008 - Mailed AOS Packet

01/29/2008 - Packet Received by Chicago, IL

02/07/2008 - Checks Cashed, Received NOA 1-765, 1-485, 1-131, I-130 (AOS transfered to MSC)

02/14/2008 - NOA for Biometrics appointment received

02/28/2008 - Biometrics Appointment- 9am

03/19/2008 - EAD card production ordered

03/14/2008 - AP approved and mailed!!!!!!

03/20/2008 - Touch on AP

03/21/2008 - Touch on EAD, EAD mailed!!!!!

03/24/2005 - EAD received in mail! Touch on EAD, weird.

03/27/2008 - AP received in mail!

07/07/2008 - Received Interview Notice

08/29/2008 - Interview in San Jose, CA at 11am

09/03/2008- Card Production ordered!!!

09/06/2008- Welcome letter received (kind of funny considering I have been in the US for 8 years!)

09/09/2008- Green Card Received in Mail! Next step Naturalization in 3 years!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Still confused :unsure:

May be admins can help us... here in GUIDES Cection we found an article called "Adjustment of Status Guide (K1 & K3 Visa Holders)" where according to check list we needed to submit only two photos .. "Two passport-type photos (see specification) of the Non US Citizen Spouse. Write the full name on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Insert Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a.".... filing I-129F we followed VisaJourney K-1 check list and it helped us alot.. thank you for that :thumbs: and that's why we did everything according to Adjustment of Status Guide (K1 & K3 Visa Holders) check list this time again :yes:

but everyone here tells us that we needed to sent 6 photos....

Our understanding was that if you send I-765 and I-131 with your I-485: then you need only 2 photos, but if you submit I-765 and I-131 separately, then you need two pictures for each application...

so our question- if we needed 6 photos then why GUIDES Section didn't have this information? :blink:

Thank you in advance :blush:

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Panama
Timeline

Hello, we've just been recently approved and I'm doing me research for the AOS. And for now I have few question: for the affadavit of support I'm using my mother as a co- sponor, and I would like to know if the co-sponsor has to be at the interview?

This is just one of many questions to come and I thank you all beforehand for answering them. Thanks everyone! ;)

AOS:

August 8, 2008: We're married!! (both the ceremony and legal wedding)

September 11, 2008: Got the marriage certificate in the mail!! 

September 20, 2008: Sent AOS packet (I-485, EAD, AP)

September 22, 2008: USPS confirmed delivery at LockBox

September 26, 2008: Check Cashed!! :)

September 25, 2008: Recv'd date on all NOA's 

September 30, 2008: Received all 3 NOA's: I-485, EAD, AP

Ocotber 10, 2008: RFE for I-485 (needed proof of citizenship for sponsor) :S

October 21, 2008: Biometrics @12 pm in Ft. Lauderdale~over and done with in 5min!!~

October 22, 2008: documents for RFE sent via Priority Mail

October 24, 2008: documents received at MO

November 6, 2008: Case transferred to CSC :D

December 10, 2008: EAD approved!! Card production ordered!

Dec. 15, 2008: Rec'd EAD and AP via mail.

March 2, 2009: AOS Approved

March 9, 2009: Green Card Received!!!

March 24, 2020: N400 submitted (online)

January 2021: notice stating no new Biometrics needed

April 15, 2022: Notice to Appear for interview and exam

June 4, 2022: Interview/Exam Day! 🥳

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok Somewhere I read on here to mark the envelope Immediate Spouse Based Adjustment of Status Application is this still correct and is there anything else I need to know? I am just about ready to file this.

I am filing Immediate Spouse Based Adjustment of Status Application with a concurrent I-130.

AOS Process

May 29th 2008- AOS/EAD/I-130 Sent to Chicaogo Lock Box sent via Overnight Delivery

June 6th - Both checks cashed!!

June 25th - Biometrics appointment

Sept. 19th - Card Production Ordered! (113 days since filing)

Sept. 25th - EAD Received!!!

Dec. 5th 2008 - Received appointment letter

Feb. 4th 2009 - AOS Interview (Interviewer says going to recommend for approval)

May 15th- called and talked to an officer to submit a service request

June 10th- Made an infopass appointment,

June 15th- Info pass appointment, told me they could do nothing until the officer made their decision!

June 27 - Filed for I-131 as well as renewal of my work authorization.

July 23rd- Received I-131

Dec 22, 2009 - Biometrics appointment yet again.

January 21, 2010 Second interview

January 22nd - I-485 Touched

January 27th - Received a Request for additonal evidence.

May 27 I-485 Approved

June 13th 2010 - Green card received!

Ok Somewhere I read on here to mark the envelope Immediate Spouse Based Adjustment of Status Application is this still correct and is there anything else I need to know? I am just about ready to file this.

I am filing Immediate Spouse Based Adjustment of Status Application with a concurrent I-130.

That's correct, mark the envelope "I-130 with concurently filed I-485, ORIGINAL SUBMISSION" and put at the top of your cover letter (if you have one) "Immediate Relative (Spouse) Family Based Adjustment of Status Application with a concurrent I-130 filing, ORIGINAL SUBMISSION"

10-Apr-08...Filing date for I-130/AOS/EAD/AP

02-May-08...Biometrics

31-Jul-08...EAD Card received

15-Sep-08...Interview (APPROVED)

27-Sep-08...GC received

03-Aug-10...Filed I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

06-Aug-10...NOA 1-yr Extension Letter

10-Sep-10...Biometrics

02-Dec-10...ROC approved! (Card production ordered)

i applied for the ssn before i filed for the AOS....and i had no problems

i'm still waiting on my green card but i recieved my authorisation to work card already.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Zambia
Timeline

Hi, I geuss I'm being lazy, and I don't want to read all the info, but can someone tell me if we have to send in the supplimental I-485??? And what is the total cost of filing for AOS?

Thanks so much,

Mrs. Zimba

Interview: 2008-02-21

Visa in hand: 2008-02-26

POE (NYC):2008-03-11

Wedding: 2008-04-11

AOS Interview Appointment 2008-12-08

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I geuss I'm being lazy, and I don't want to read all the info, but can someone tell me if we have to send in the supplimental I-485??? And what is the total cost of filing for AOS?

Thanks so much,

Mrs. Zimba

the filing fee is $1,010 total

---------------------------------

For updates, please visit my Websites: Workplace On the Web, Mhar's Display, Any Day Shop, A Blogger's Tech Notes, Bright Bundles, Emotionally Entertaining

My Friendster: MarlyM

Want Extra Cash? Click: Hits4Pay, ClixSense,

FortWorthStockyards5-23-08.jpg

At Fort Worth Stockyards

---------------------------------

April 12, 2008 - Wedding, Rose Garden (Tyler, TX)

May 23, 2008 - mailed AOS packet to Chicago Lockbox

June 7, 2008 - NOA for I-485, I-765, I-131 received

June 9, 2008 - Received ASC letter

June 24, 2008 - Biometrics appointment in Fort Worth

July 9, 2008 - AOS transferred to CA

July 28, 2008 - AOS approved

Aug. 5, 2008 - GC received

• 2 weeks later...

Ill try this again. I posted this about 3 weeks ago but noone replied. We got married on May 9. Right now our funds are severely depleted, especially with the wedding costs. Do we need to be in a huge hurry to file for AOS? I would like to wait until June or July. Also, would youall recommend having a local agent do all the paperwork?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there... I hope to be answered by anyone who might know... I did my Biometrics a month ago (here in Oregon) and still got no reply from USCIS regarding any next step (EAD, maybe?). I checked my case status online but nothing is new. Still the same...NOA received. Is it suppose to be this way? They didn't mention anything about Biometrics whether they've received it or not. I am kinda impatient and hoping my EAD would come out soon. I noticed that some (referring to timelines) is also getting replies after a long time. Whew! I'm kinda a little bit anxious too.

Thanks.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi there... I hope to be answered by anyone who might know... I did my Biometrics a month ago (here in Oregon) and still got no reply from USCIS regarding any next step (EAD, maybe?). I checked my case status online but nothing is new. Still the same...NOA received. Is it suppose to be this way? They didn't mention anything about Biometrics whether they've received it or not. I am kinda impatient and hoping my EAD would come out soon. I noticed that some (referring to timelines) is also getting replies after a long time. Whew! I'm kinda a little bit anxious too.

Thanks.

Hi to everyone... I entered US as a K1 fiancee visa and we just got married and ready to file for I-485 adjustment of status but I have some questions. Do my husband still need to file for I-130 and in my I-485 application will i use my family name as in my passport or use my husband's family name. thanks .

Ill try this again. I posted this about 3 weeks ago but noone replied. We got married on May 9. Right now our funds are severely depleted, especially with the wedding costs. Do we need to be in a huge hurry to file for AOS? I would like to wait until June or July. Also, would youall recommend having a local agent do all the paperwork?

This isn't the thread to really ask questions which is why you proably haven't got a response as most people don't look here. As long as you got married within the 90 days as stipulated for the K1 visa you are ok. It is recommended that you apply for AOS as soon as you possibly can. I've seen a few people wait for several months til they filed their AOS as they had to get their funds together too, so you'll be fine. Just apply for AOS as soon as you can as then you will be closer to getting your green card and being able to work.

Thanks.

It takes around 90 days to get your EAD (some are quicker and others are longer). When you did your biometrics did you do it for EAD and AOS? Once 90 days has passed since you applied you can make an infopass appointment to check the status of it.

Hi to everyone... I entered US as a K1 fiancee visa and we just got married and ready to file for I-485 adjustment of status but I have some questions. Do my husband still need to file for I-130 and in my I-485 application will i use my family name as in my passport or use my husband's family name. thanks .

As you entered as K1, as long as you got married within the 90 days, you do not have to file the I-130. You just need to file the I-485. You fill the form in with the family name that you wish to be known by. If you are taking your husbands last name then use it here. You can always change your passport at another time. If you fill the forms with your maiden name and then decide later to change your green card to your married name, it will cost you more money to change it. So it is best to fill the forms in with the last name that you are wanting to use.

06/27/11 - Mailed N-400 Naturalization

06/28/11 - NOA Priority Date

08/10/11 - Biometrics (Early FP 07/21/11)

08/01/11 - In Line for Interview Scheduling

08/11/11 - Got Email the interview is scheduled

08/15/11 - Received interview letter for September 19th

08/15/11 - Received interview cancellation letter

10/14/11 - Received new interview letter

11/17/11 - N400 interview - PASSED!!!

11/29/11 - In Line for Oath Ceremony Scheduling

12/30/11 - Got email that oath ceremony is scheduled

01/27/12 - Oath Ceremony - US Citizen!!!!

04/30/10 - Mailed I-751 ROC

05/11/10 - Received NOA (dated 05/03/10)

06/11/10 - Biometrics

07/13/10 - Card Production Ordered

07/22/10 - 10 year Green Card Received in the mail

07/27/07 - I-130 & I-485 Sent to Chicago Lock Box

09/04/07 - Received NOA1 for both I-130 & I-485 (Notice Date of 31st August)

11/09/07 - Biometrics

04/17/08 - Interview

04/21/08 - Received I-130 Approval Notice

05/09/08 - I-485 Approved (Email - Welcome Notice mailed)

05/20/08 - PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD ARRIVED IN THE MAIL

hey guys,

does anyone know what the waiting time is for immigration to give you a interview time or the green card?

we submitted in Feb - got a RFE end of that month and then they recieved what they needed mid March..... i check the status every week but it just says case processing has been resumed....

i'd just like to get this over with hopefully before my baby is borne in december lol.... if they take that long....

:-)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

it looks like k3 visa holders can not follow AOS timeline on visa journey. would you please publish some kind of chart or timeline just for k3 visa holders who applied for AOS and are waiting/approved? this is will really help us. thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.