476 posts in this topic

Hello VJers,

I just received the NOA1 for my AOS , AP, EAD yesterday . My question , is how long will it take to receive letter for the schedule for biometrics?

Thanks to all of you guys.

By the way we just had our church wedding last Dec 1 . It was amazing and I am so blessed to finally found my husband ... my love and the man i will grow old with. :thumbs::dance:

hi! me and my husband received the NOAs for I-130, AP, EAD, AOS last monday dec 10. just this morning (dec 13), another letter came from USCIS. it was to notify our biometrics appointment which is on dec 28 :)

btw, congrats and best wishes to your wedding!

Naturalization

Sent N-400 Application....................................... Dec  5 2016

NOA1.................................................................. Dec 13 2016

Biometrics @ St Louis  ...................................... Jan 11 2017

Received Interview Letter .................................. Jun 10 2017 

Interview Scheduled in Chicago, IL ................... Jul 11 2017

Oath Ceremony in Peoria, IL .............................. Sep 20 2017

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I didn't think that was legal, but the immigration system is so messed up maybe that's a loophole.

No not illegal but one must be otherwise eligible and have entered the US legally/been inspected and granted entry.

If I remember correctly in the USCIS website it mentions that "if there is intent to enter the US with a tourist visa for the purpose of marriage that it can be used as reason to be denied"

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm done with my interview today and it said it is approved. He said it take 2 to 3 weeks daw ang green card.

Case to case basis only kaya cool over their will be there soon on your mail box.

FILED 1-129f 12-1-06

NOA1 12-8-06

NOA2 2-27-07

CASE NO. FROM NVC 3-16-07

MAY 30, 07

INTER. JUNE 07/07 approved Thanks Almighty God

JULY 27/07 SUPPPOSE TO FLY CHICAGO

AUG.31/07 YEAHHHHHHHHHHH Thanx GOD:))

OT N NT BELIEVES ARE URGED AND ENCOURAGED TO RELY UPON 'VE CONFIDENT AND IN COMMIT THEM SELVES TO THE >>>> LORD PS 37:3,5

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys

i'm about to apply for the AOS ... and wondered - i live in california... so where do i send in the application to?

the same office that the original application for K1 visa was sent to?

:) Hello guys! Hope you can help me with this...

I'm a K1 visa holder & in the process of adjusting my status. My son is a k2 and soon to follow here. Now, should/can I include him in the application for the AOS, even if he is not yet here?

Any enlightenment will be appreciated. Thank you & God bless always.

N-400 TIMELINE

06/06/12 * Naturalization Interview

04/30/12 * Received Interview Letter

04/04/12 * Biometrics

03/10/12 * Received NOA

03/03/12 * N-400 Submitted (AZ)

I-751 TIMELINE

05/18/11 * Received 10 yr Green Card

05/17/11 * Approved

04/04/11 * Biometrics Appointment done

03/21/11 * Received Bio Notice (03/15/11)

03/03/11 * Encashed check

03/01/11 * NOA1 receipt date

02/28/11 * I-751 submitted (CSC)

I'm a K1 visa holder & in the process of adjusting my status. My son is a k2 and soon to follow here. Now, should/can I include him in the application for the AOS, even if he is not yet here?

No you cannot include him until he's here.

If he's under 16 (I think!) he'll only pay $600 if you file together.

If you file separately, he will pay the full amount of $1010.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

No you cannot include him until he's here.

If he's under 16 (I think!) he'll only pay $600 if you file together.

If you file separately, he will pay the full amount of $1010.

Thank you for the informative answer. May God be with you & yours.

N-400 TIMELINE

06/06/12 * Naturalization Interview

04/30/12 * Received Interview Letter

04/04/12 * Biometrics

03/10/12 * Received NOA

03/03/12 * N-400 Submitted (AZ)

I-751 TIMELINE

05/18/11 * Received 10 yr Green Card

05/17/11 * Approved

04/04/11 * Biometrics Appointment done

03/21/11 * Received Bio Notice (03/15/11)

03/03/11 * Encashed check

03/01/11 * NOA1 receipt date

02/28/11 * I-751 submitted (CSC)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
hi guys

i'm about to apply for the AOS ... and wondered - i live in california... so where do i send in the application to?

the same office that the original application for K1 visa was sent to?

No, you must sent the AOS to chicago. In the I-485 form comes that information:

For United Postal Service (USPS) deliveries:

USCIS P.O. Box 805887Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For private couriers (non-USPS) deliveries:

USCIS Attn: FBASI427 S. LaSalle - 3rd FloorChicago, IL 60605-1029

Good day

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
:unsure:

It really depends on which IO gets your I-864. Some are more lenient than others.

Try to get an employment letter, copy of recent pay stubs and maybe a short letter on why you didn't have any income for the previous years.

Worst case is that they give you an RFE for a sponsor. At that point, you can tell yourself you at least tried.

Good luck!

AOS Approved on 10-17-08 (details in profile)

Removal of Conditions on 07-19-10

In this tedious process, we tend to forget that this is all worth it.

I love my hubby beyond anything in this world.

Filed: Country: Sweden
Timeline

My husband came in sept and we got married shortly after. We have since filed out the 485 and 765 to adjsut status and aplly for a work permit, but we have been given the run around. Weve had the paper returned not once but twice, asking for more info or sayign we didnt fill out properly. He has since gone for the biometrics and hopefully we will hear something soon!!!! They have said once he gets the work permit he can go to the SS office and apply for a ssn. Any advice, especially on taxes please Msg me or email danielandstephanie92107@yahoo.com

we are having trouble with how to file my taxes since he doesnt have a ssn and do we need to claim his money made in sweden!?

Stephanie

Timeline
My husband came in sept and we got married shortly after. We have since filed out the 485 and 765 to adjsut status and aplly for a work permit, but we have been given the run around. Weve had the paper returned not once but twice, asking for more info or sayign we didnt fill out properly. He has since gone for the biometrics and hopefully we will hear something soon!!!! They have said once he gets the work permit he can go to the SS office and apply for a ssn. Any advice, especially on taxes please Msg me or email danielandstephanie92107@yahoo.com

we are having trouble with how to file my taxes since he doesnt have a ssn and do we need to claim his money made in sweden!?

Stephanie

You need to file I-130 as you got married in the US and your husband is still here. Also, I-864 is needed.

Read the FAQ's thoroughly, it will help a bunch.

Ask for an TIN at the SS office, it should be given without a problem.

MUST READ

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
I have a question....... I do not work and havent for the past 5 years. Yes I know everyone will have their issues with this. Sometimes I wonder myself why it was soo hard for me to try to make it on my own after my ex husband ditched me with 2 children. I had a hard time figuring out how to make it pay child care and have enough money left over to make a living. So when the ex ditched me I figured the best thing to do would be to finally finish my high school diploma. I was a stay at home mom and he never took me anywhere basically until he ditched me. So I got my diploma in 2005. I still had a hard time figuring life alone with 2 kids. Anyway to say the least my fear of failure paralyzed me. No excuse and I regret it everyday but now all I can do is work on now and the future. My fiance got his K1 Visa approved. Yayyy! My main question is when he comes I plan on getting a job (if I havent gotten 1 already.....Yes I am currently looking and applying). When he comes should I wait a while to show the people processing AOS's apps that I have been at the job for a while? Or will it make any difference doing it ASAP or later on after I have had my lob for longer than a few months? Mind you we do plan on having a co sponsor I am just really nervous about all of this. My kids already have a tight bond with him it would be horrible if they denied his AOS. I am semi freaking out. If you are confused please ask away.

No hateful comments on my past please I have heard enough so far and I know what some or most will say.

Don't worry, life happens!! Nobody will judge you.

Regarding your question, the best to do is when you file AOS to provide a letter of employment saying how long you have been there, your job, your payrate and when can you expect a possible payrate increase.

If you do go to the interview, you should then have an updated letter of employment.

As you have a co-sponsor, it won't be an issue whether you have a job or not. At least, i don't think so.

As AOS is taking a while, file it ASAP with what you have.

Good luck :thumbs: !

Hello

I have a question about the documents for to send when filing for AOS

/My birth certificate need to be translated from portuguese to english...

Here in VJ, the guides say that USCIS have this policy

"All documents that are in a language other than English must be submitted with a translation. The person translating the document must certify that the translation is complete and accurate and that he/she is competent to translate from the foreign language into English."

So, any person who know both languages (portuguese in my case, and english) can do this? Or need to be some oficial person from USCIS??

I have a friend that can do this translation for me...

Thanks a lot.

AOS Timeline 2008

March 20 - Wedding (civil)

April 24 - Sent AOS package (USPS)

April 29 - AOS delivered in Chicago

May 07 - Money order was cashed

May 09 - Received in mail 3 NOAs (AOS, EAD, AP: notice date May,5/2008) - ALL CASES ONLINE

May 12 - Received in mail Biometrics appointment (notice date May,8/2008)

May 16 - Touch (3 cases) ?

May 22 - Biometrics appointment - done

July 07 - AP approval notice and EAD card production ordered (email and online)

July 08 - touch AP and EAD

July 09 - touch EAD

July 10 - email from CRIS, EAD card production ordered

July 14- email from CRIS and online update, EAD aproval notice sent

July 14 - received EAD card

July 15 - received AP document (2 APs)

August 07 - Touch EAD and AP

August 08- Touch AOS

September 19- received letter with appointment for interview

November 4 - interview!!!! APPROVED

November 20 - card production ordered e-mail from CRIS and update online (again 11/24)

November 26 - touch AOS

November 29 - receive Welcome Letter in the mail (dated November,20/2008)

December 1 - email from CRIS (and update online) saying that they send the Welcome letter on December 1 (I received the letter November 29 LOL)

December 2 - touch AOS

December 5 - GREEN CARD arrived (expire in 2 years from the day of the interview)

ROC (LIFTING CONDITIONS) TIMELINE

August 12, 2010 - Sent package

August 14, 2010 - Filed (package received)

August 16, 2010 - NOA date

August 18, 2010 - Check cashed

September 9, 2010 - Received bio. appt. letter

September 27, 2010 - Bio. Appt.

December 20, 2010 - Approval notice by mail

Date of decision 12/15/2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.